IGNORED

Position at Address and Impact. Why do We Set up Differently?

Note: This thread is 976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 hours ago, DrMetal said:

I may have not illustrated it correctly, but I definitely meant open face.

But in either case: if you had a slight open aspect or a slight closed aspect to your club face at address, is it possible that this could actually help you?   It just feels more comfortable in my backswing. I feel like I can get things going, helps me rotate the toe of the club up into the air and come down with it hard.

I get good results, nice straight shot and appropriate distance.   But I'm worried that I might be developing a bad habit, I might be getting good results just serendipitously

It’s fine. I set up with an open face and play a push meaning the ball starts to the right of my toe line. My target is also right of my toe line. What is important is to set up your face relative to your swing path to create the flight you want. If I set up having my face square to my toe line, I will hook the ball.

Pay attention to the Tour Pros. Very few set up square with their toe line pointing at the target.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/19/2021 at 3:04 PM, iacas said:

01C53268-AB09-4393-8246-A1A5DD5D9D89.jpeg

Off topic, but I would murder blind orphaned baby supermodels for that position on the right

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!