IGNORED

Bubba Watson v. Steve Elkington

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Am I missing something with Elk. Everything I have heard is that he is a great guy.

In my encounters with him he was a very nice guy too. I've followed him a couple of times at live tournaments he has gotten along with crowds and his playing partners every time I've seen him.

I have not played with Elk but I have met him. He was really gracious.

I have a copy of his book

Five Fundamentals that he signed for me, and he couldn't have been friendlier.
Bubba seems like a dickwad to me..he ought to have more respect for the Elk.

actually, bubba and his caddy were talking and moving their arms in elk's line of sight while he was driving a few times

I've heard that Bubba and his caddy have done that to other players as well.

It bugs me that the announcers automatically decided Elkington was to blame in one way or another without any proof. We have footage of Bubba cursing veterans, but no proof of anything other than that.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

I was watching this today. Inside the tent they werent arguing. They were sorting it all out and it appeared they were doing it in a very classy manner. There was no yelling and at the end they interviewed Bubba who said everything was fine now and they apologized to eachother.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

..Elkington kind of comes out as a snob so i could see their two different personalities clashing...Did he just walk as if he was going to hit his next shot leaving bubba on the tee?

On what do you base this assertion? Elkington is highly regarded by all who follow the game of golf - and not just because of his swing. This is the kind of ignorant and prejudiced comment that does nothing except display the kind of ignorance about the game I have read in so many of your posts of late. You parrot the marketing spin of golf companies as if they are fact and then have the temerity to defame someone you know nothing of. You seem to be rubbing your hands together and salivating at the idea of getting some dirt on a player who (it has always seemed to me) is a great ambassador of the game.

happens to the best of us... golf is irritating :)

Tour Burner 9.5 w real Diamana 63 S
906f4 15.5 Proforce V2 S
909H 19 Diamana S
755 4-PW
Vokey 50/56/60Yes! NatalieBushnell Medalist w/ PinseekerI'll play just about any ball

I dont care who's got what reputation.. i was watching the footage of it on GC. That sh*t would piss me off too. He was walking ahead of Bubba in his peripheral. On course, there is nothing more distracting than seeing a moving body when trying to concentrate on your target. (aside from people yelling/talking in your backswing)

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Really it happens in sports....they are top athletes. Yes Bubba should have left it for the next tee box and been a shade politer about it all, but they are competing at the highest stage. Not making excuses for it, but can certainly see how it could happen. Bubba apologized and I think that was very big of him admitting fault. He still has my respect.
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

I was impressed by the way Bubba came out and made a statement about how it's done and they talked it over. He stepped up and took responsibility for it. In all likelihood, they were both wrong. Elk was moving and it bothered Bubba. Bubba lost his cool and vented, instead of doing it in private. I'm sure it's not the first or last time there will be a confrontation on the course.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I was impressed by the way Bubba came out and made a statement about how it's done and they talked it over. He stepped up and took responsibility for it. In all likelihood, they were both wrong. Elk was moving and it bothered Bubba. Bubba lost his cool and vented, instead of doing it in private. I'm sure it's not the first or last time there will be a confrontation on the course.

Hell no it's not the first time....it's just the first time caught on live TV

i had not seen the footage before i made the post, i also didn't play in the round so i really dont know. i was going off the first post on here that claimed elkington was walking IN FRONT of bubba while he was driving. After watching the video though, I think elk stopped before bubba hit it so it doesnt look too bad. Like I said maybe there is stuff not on tv that was worse....who knows...
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

I'm not a Bubba fan, but do respect that he owned it and apologized for his potty mouth. In the future hopefully he will voice his concern to the other player on the next tee box or while walking to the green. It just seems to me he is searching for attention because his game is not top tier, ie... pink golf clubs, buttoned up to the neck shirt, I've never had a lesson I'll do it all by myself, etc...

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Heres the newest article about what really happened

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...0&select;=25436

Enjoy

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Heres the newest article about what really happened

Good article. Thanks!

"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I'm not a Bubba fan, but do respect that he owned it and apologized for his potty mouth. In the future hopefully he will voice his concern to the other player on the next tee box or while walking to the green. It just seems to me he is searching for attention because his game is not top tier, ie...

His game is not top tier?????

Hes obviously not the best because tiger is, but hes improved every year so far since hes turned pro and you have to play very well to be in the top 125 on the money list each year and hes done that easily since he came from the nationwide to the PGA tour! Its pink because he likes it, not for attention, buttoned up to the neck shirt he feels comfortable with, and no matter how you swing it, whether its the ugliest swing possible, if it gets you in the hole and shooting rounds under par, who is to say there is a proper swing, maybe the most popular and efficient but by no means perfect.

Bubba Watson

In the Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910d3 9.5* Stiff Projext X-7A3 Rescue: Taylor Made Burner TP 20* X-stiff 3 Iron: Titleist AP2 Projext X Rifle Irons: Titleist 710mb NS PRO 105T Stiff Wedges Cleveland CG12 60* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.07 Cleveland CG14 52* Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio 2.5 (2008) Ball: Titleist Pro-V1

His game is not top tier?????

I like Bubba. He brings excitement to the course, but I agree that he is not top tier yet. That is not a slight to him. He is one of the best golfers in the world. You don't get to where he is if you suck. The point is, he has not won anything yet. I personally feel that he will and when he does it may come in bunches. Until then he is one of those guys like Camillo and the other young guys that need to prove it first. He is not in the class of Adam Scott or Arron Baddaly. Boo Weekly and JB Holmes have both won on Tour. Right now he is not even in the top 100 in the world. In fact he is behind Champions Tour player Bernhard Langer. I think he would likely say the same thing if you asked him.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• 4 weeks later...
Elk is a great guy, and I'm not sure where you haters get your info. I guess to each his own, but I couln't agree less with some of the bashing on Steve. Elk is a very friendly, down to earth guy, not to mention a pretty fair golfer.

Not sure what to think about this whole thing. Kudos to Bubba for the apology but he made a poor decision in the first place. I think Elk acted in bad form as well so both men are at fault to some degree.

Somer folks have mentioned that Elk was pissed/embarrassed about being out-driven by Bubba. Even some members of the media where indicating this. That is just ridiculous. Elk has been way down on the driving distance list for years now (somewhere around 140th I think). Unless he is playing with Fred Funk he is going to get outdriven most of the time, nearly all the time probably. The guy is a 45+ year old tour vet, I find it hard to believe he takes it to heart when he is out-driven.

Note: This thread is 5839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!