IGNORED

Bubba Watson v. Steve Elkington

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Apparently Steve kept walking while Bubba was ready to hit his shot (several times) and midway through the round Bubba called him out and had some heated words for Steve. No handshake on 18th and there was an official who went into the scorers tent with them and they stayed for 10 minutes. On post-game they said there would be more on Golf Central including the supprising manner in which they walked out of the tent.

very interesting...
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Hey Thanks for the information man. ..this is pretty interesting to see because usually Bubba is very easy to get along with..Elkington kind of comes out as a snob so i could see their two different personalities clashing...Did he just walk as if he was going to hit his next shot leaving bubba on the tee?

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Hey Thanks for the information man. ..this is pretty interesting to see because usually Bubba is very easy to get along with..Elkington kind of comes out as a snob so i could see their two different personalities clashing...Did he just walk as if he was going to hit his next shot leaving bubba on the tee?

no... apparently it happened a few times as they were hitting approach shots. Bubba would outdrive Steve, and after Steve hit Bubba (who apparently plays pretty quick) would get set to hit and Steve would keep walking up the fairway behind him. At least I think this is what happened. And it sounded like it happened a few times and Bubba finally just unleashed a few harsh words. Will have to remeber to watch golf central to get the whole story.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

No he was walking when Bubba was over his ball ready to go.....leave it to Golf Channel to make a big deal about it...

Like Rolfing said...they should have communicated before the round...I have had this happen in our foursome, when one of my buddies out drives us by 40-50 yards. I doubt Elk was intentionally doing it.

No he was walking when Bubba was over his ball ready to go.....leave it to Golf Channel to make a big deal about it...

yeah... I doubt it was intentional too... but it is interesting. I support the making a big deal of it though, it adds a little life to an otherwise bland Friday.

yeah... I doubt it was intentional too... but it is interesting. I support the making a big deal of it though, it adds a little life to an otherwise bland Friday.

Well I guess......it's just the way the hosts were talking about it that bugs me...."tune into GC at 11:30"....whew let me tivo it...like it's big breaking news or something

tiger isn't playing this weekend so they are trying to generate headlines

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Oh man, and did your hear what he said? "Are you gonna stop walkin'? f**ker? and "He can kiss my ass", etc.. He was pissed! Elkington does seem like a prick, though.

Just saw it a few minutes ago on replay coverage....He also said he did it yesterday. Nice potty mouth.

Hey Bubba....why didn't you say something yesterday ??? Or better yet "break his (expletive) neck" with your pink driver?

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Elkington is a jerkoff

Am I missing something with Elk. Everything I have heard is that he is a great guy. I do know that he is the best interview in all of golf. The guy is hilarious when he is on Jim Rome's show. If you have never heard him tell a story you are missing out. He was talking about being at a bar with Daly one night and I was crying it was so funny. Too bad if he really is a dick. That would be disappointing. Here is the link to it on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FOySaUc_Rc
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Elkington is a jerkoff

I have not played with Elk but I have met him. He was really gracious. I don't have any problem with the incident. It isn't like Bubba hits it as quickly as Chad Campbell. He also outdrives Elkington. Elkington has to kill that time somehow and Bubba didn't like it. I thought "Kiss my @$$" was in the rules. I'm OK with Bubba, too.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I wonder if part of this has to do with Bubba being left handed. If he is a righty, his back is to Elk and he doesn't even see him move. If that's the case, pull him aside on the tee and say "I can see you walking when I'm addressing my ball." I doubt Elk would have an issue with that. It seems to me Bubba just let it boil over and vented. If that doesn't work, just do it to him once or twice.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

...If that doesn't work, just do it to him once or twice.

LMAO... I just picture Bubba running around in circles waiving his pink shaft around while Elk is setting up.

actually, bubba and his caddy were talking and moving their arms in elk's line of sight while he was driving a few times

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Whether they are nice off the course doesn't matter in the least. On the course, players try all sorts of subtle little tricks to distract others--putting, hitting, etc. I'm not saying that this is intentional, but Bubba was already upset and he was looking for something to blame, IMO.

But the big issue is this: we heard it. Coverage today, video and audio, brings us closer to the game than ever before, and we're seeing and hearing things that would have otherwise gone unnoticed years ago. We've always known about strategies like how a slow player can irritate a fast player, and the slower player can use this to advantage. Some of the things we're seeing puts a little tarnish on the wholesome image we've all had of our squeaky-clean golfers. They are polite, serious, smiling assassins. Yesterday's confrontation gave you just a taste of Reality Golf.

WIMB
TaylorMade Burner driver 10.5* REAX Reg
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX Reg
Mizuno MX-23 4-PW Reg Steel
Mizuno MP Series forged wedges 52, 56, 60
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot Rossie 36" --  Ball: Snell MTB Black

Note: This thread is 5839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!