IGNORED

Greatest Comeback

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What’s the greatest comeback you’ve ever made in a round of golf? It can be when you’ve started a round poorly and played well the last several holes or you were in a match and came back from a huge deficit. I’ve got two, one from each of those categories.

•I remember not too long ago I was +13 through five holes and seemingly on my way to a three-digit score. But I played the last thirteen holes at +9 to shoot 94. Usually I’d be disappointed with 94 but not on that day.

•This was from about two years ago. I was playing a nine hole stroke match with a teammate and I was three strokes down after only two holes. I rallied to tie the match going to the last, then we tied the ninth hole and I won in a puttoff.

I also had a near-comeback on virtual golf, so I figured I’d share it here as well😃.

In one tournament on a pretty easy course, I was -9 going into the fourth round and nine strokes back, dead and buried. But I made two eagles in the final round, shot a twelve-under 59 and finished only a shot back.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don’t remember my rounds. For the most part I never keep track of who is in the lead or not. I just play golf.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

had two birdies and still managed to be 13 over 8 holes in.

Had 1 birdie, 1 bogey and 8 pars rest of the way, first time I had ever shot even par for 9 holes. My next outing was a 9 hole round where I shot 1 under. To this day still the only time I have ever shot even 9 or better for 9 holes or more.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Last Thursday at my Spark Golf match, I opened with a double bogey.  I hit a five-iron high off the face, leaving myself a little over 200 yards across a ravine.  Then I topped a three-hybrid into the lake at the bottom of the ravine.  I dropped and hit my fourth shot onto the green and two putted for double bogey.  Normally, I would have probably folded like a Dollar Tree lawn chair.  But I didn't, and I managed to go three over for the other eight holes to card a 41.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Note: This thread is 1062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!