IGNORED

Cink DQ'd - crazy rule

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A person shouldn't have to back peddle from one bunker to the next in order to rake where they first hit.

The player would have to finish the round before raking the bunker...right? What if this situation happened on the 3rd hole, and the player is in the bunker on the 15th hole. This rule would still affect him/her as "testing the conditions of a similar hazard".

Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

I thought the rake end would not qualify for testing of a bunker, however if you stuck the handle in, that would be considered testing it?
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

• Administrator
I thought the rake end would not qualify for testing of a bunker, however if you stuck the handle in, that would be considered testing it?

Rakes always qualify.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The player would have to finish the round before raking the bunker...right? What if this situation happened on the 3rd hole, and the player is in the bunker on the 15th hole. This rule would still affect him/her as "testing the conditions of a similar hazard".

The player would be allowed to rake the initial bunker after they hit the shot out of the second bunker, granted that shot didn't end up in a third bunker.

I believe had that shot ended up not going in another bunker(ended up somewhere like the green, fairway, rough), then he would have been allowed to rake the bunker he was standing in.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

The player would be allowed to rake the initial bunker after they hit the shot out of the second bunker, granted that shot didn't end up in a third bunker.

This is correct...to avoid the DQ Cink or the caddy would have had to go back after hitting out of the 2nd bunker and raked the 1st bunker.....which is stupid...what if a player teeing off hit in the same 1st bunker in Cinks footprints??? Like they said on TV, pace of play would be an issue..

so if i understand correctly, the only thing that would have been "right" for him to do would be.....
1. hit his shot
2. go to the bunker he hit into
3. hit his shot, rake that bunker
4. run back (or send caddy) to rake the bunker from the previous shot

wow, that is mentally ill. i understand testing a hazard, but COME ON! somebody in the USGA needs to take off their stiff pants and put on their big boy boots and get rid of this rule

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

• Administrator

No, I think that's incorrect. If the shot ended up in a third bunker, he'd have already played his "initial shot" from the bunker and thus would be free of this rule.

I believe had that shot ended up not going in another bunker(ended up somewhere like the green, fairway, rough), then he would have been allowed to rake the bunker he was standing in.

Yes, that's true. So if you're standing in a greenside bunker and chip onto the green, you can rake the bunker. You could then subsequently putt into a bunker and not incur a penalty for having previously raked.

Or you can chip it into the bunker you're standing in, blast out across the green into another bunker, rake the one you were standing in, and then go play your next shot from the other bunker.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No, I think that's incorrect. If the shot ended up in a third bunker, he'd have already played his "initial shot" from the bunker and thus would be free of this rule.

I was kinda joking about the third bunker, but I see where you are coming from, once the initial shot from the bunker is played you can rake.

Or you can chip it into the bunker you're standing in, blast out across the green into another bunker, rake the one you were standing in, and then go play your next shot from the other bunker.

Was that you behind me watching me play the other day???

My Bag

Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

wtf so what if i was standing in a bunker and ball out of the bunker and hit into another bunker i would have to hit from the other bunker and then go back and rack that one but what if the caddy racks it then tells me if the sand is hard or soft

wtf so what if i was standing in a bunker and ball out of the bunker and hit into another bunker i would have to hit from the other bunker and then go back and rack that one

Exactly right

My Bag

I believe he was only DQ'd because the incedent occured on a previous day and he had already signed his card. Had he realized his fault before the end of the round, he would have only been penalized a stroke or two. He was DQ's because he signed an incorrect scorecard.

Right?

Driver: Cobra somthin
3 wood: Big Bertha Warbird (yeah its old)
5 wodd: Big Bertha Warbird
Irons: TaylorMade 360 3-PW
SW: Titleist 981SL (54*)LW: Titleist Vokey 58*Putter: Odessey Duel Force 2

I believe he was only DQ'd because the incedent occured on a previous day and he had already signed his card. Had he realized his fault before the end of the round, he would have only been penalized a stroke or two. He was DQ's because he signed an incorrect scorecard.

That is correct.

this is correct... penalty for testing conditions is 2 strokes... but he had already signed.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Note: This thread is 5875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!