IGNORED

Man, I REALLY crushed that ball

golf_junkie27
Note: This thread is 5892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've made some posts about this - people are lying. They don't understand that 270 is a BIG drive and is a product of good tempo and weight shift.

I hear it every time I play... I'm better than most people I play with and 270 can be a big number for me, especially even tee's, average wind, etc etc and people tell me all the time they average 285 and some even 300!!!! AVERAGE!! You just have to understand people are just stupid and dont let it bother you

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

So what???

It obviously bothers a lot of you.

I average at least 290 to 310 in average conditions...decent fairway, little wind.

I hit it 301 into a 15 to 20 mph headwind in a remax qualifier with a drenched fairway, got 5th place and missed going to the florida regionals by 1 spot and 3 yards.

But it really doesn't matter when a 60 year old can whip your butt with superior course management and short game.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

So what???

So, assuming you're playing a course with an index of 73/132, you're scoring, every five rounds, an average of 84. Is that what you shoot?

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

So, assuming you're playing a course with an index of 73/132, you're scoring, every five rounds, an average of 84. Is that what you shoot?

Dude, you got me, please send a decoder ring so I can figure out what in your reply has anything to do with my post.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Dude, you got me, please send a decoder ring so I can figure out what in your reply has anything to do with my post.

You mentioned what your game was like. Length off the tee, superior short game, etc. I was just curious what an average scoring round was for you.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

My bad...
Im only 38 not 60

I usually tee off with a 4iron (200 to 210) on my home course, it's a cypress swamp, only 6100 yards but very tight , driver comes into play on maybe 2 holes.

A former mini tour pro who is 60 regualry kicks my azz because of better course management and short game (namely putting)...I do pride myself on 30 yards and in, been working on it for the last 6 months pretty hard.

Just a misunderstanding...peace...dude out...

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex

I'm 6'4" and have went from 230 back in 97' to 280 in 2008... problem is I'm talking about my weight.

HA HA HA HA HA!! Yeah, in that category I have gone from about 235

UP TO 311 , and now. . . slowly. . . backing . . . away . . . from . . . the pizza. . . about 275 lbs NOW and ONLY 6' TALL!!! Sheesh. And HERE'S THE THING: it is DAMN hard to find good golf pants in 44" waist. Oh Brother. You know its bad when you're an Opera Singer for a living and the Maestro starts telling you to lose weight! Back to the topic: I don't know how far I drive it. Ever since I did the Golf Digest Challenge and found out my short game hdcp was 2X my long game hdcp, I just do whatever it takes to get it in the short stuff.

I definitely agree that some people are insane when it comes to their bragging of distances. My farthest drive that I know distance for was 272 (measured by my SkyCaddie). That is pretty typical for me. I usually have one or two drives that top out around 265 a round, the rest I average more like 240-245 (I tend to push drives right). My farthest drives ever were from elevated tees on 430 yard par 4s. To me those don't count because of the elevated tee and because I don't have a good sense of the distance.

At the store where I work I had a guy in his 60s with a driver swing speed at 80mph tell me he hits his 3 wood farther than 260. At that point I just walk away... It seems like some people exaggerate their distances by listing their "career best" as their average. I don't see what the problem is with just listing the actual distances. I haven't been playing long and I've played with a guy that can and does hit it 315+. Just absolutely kills the ball, and he's a great player, but I also play with a guy that hits a little shorter than me and still scores well because he is great around the greens and approaches well.

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

played yesterday with family member that is somewhere in the 20 handicap range, horrible swing and wicked slice unless he comes over the top and pulls it, to which he thinks he hit a "draw". He constantly will ask me what I'm hitting, and tries to hit the SAME club. I find it amusing now and if he wants to constantly come up short, that's his problem.

As for the 250 yard drive on a 550 yard par 5, he did that on #18 yesterday, and then sat in the fairway for 10 minutes with a 20 MPH wind straight in our face. My other buddy and I were laughing hysterically and I finally told him to hit and if he got it there I'd take the blame if he hit someone. He waited until they walked off and then left the next shot about 100 yards short.

In the Bag:
Driver 907 D2, 8.5*, Accuflex x-stiff
3 Wood 904F 15*, Accuflex V2, x-stiff
Hybrid 585H, 19*, Aldila NV 85S
Irons MP 57's, + 1", 1* up, Project X 5.5Wedges Titleist Spin Milled 56* and 60*, oil can, +1/2", 1* upPutter :Scotty Cameron: Newport 2Ball ProV1Bag: OGIO Gromwww.quail...

I love these threads.

Yes, people hit 300+ and post on the internet with horrible handicaps. You dont need to be a low handicap to crush a drive. Just be happy that you can shoot your low 80' high 70's and leave your jealousy at the first tee box please.

Driver: G5 9 Degree w/ Aldila Green Stiff
Irons: i5 Green Dot
Wedge: 588 53 Degree
Balls: NXT Tour

i played with this one fool who said he averaged 300+ off the tee. I was outdriving him by 15 yards and I hit it around 290. maybe people just overestimate themselves, i dont know.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

i played with this one fool who said he averaged 300+ off the tee. I was outdriving him by 15 yards and I hit it around 290. maybe people just overestimate themselves, i dont know.

So you outdrove him by 5 yards, according to his first tee chest puff claim...right??

You guys will get it one day....I won't drop anymore hints. Not that I need to.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex

There's two sides to this argument, I think - first, the people who routinely exaggerate their distance off the tee, and really think they hit it that far. Then with the one in a hundred tee shots they hit that does go that far, they're vindicated for the next six months, satisfied that they really do hit the ball that far. Thing is, well, they don't. Even a 250 yard drive looks like a real bomb, let alone a 300 yarder.

Then there's the second group which is so sick and tired of hearing these stories that they refuse to believe anybody, no matter who they are or what their handicap is, can really hit a ball that far. Hell, I can hit a ball 300 yards. More often than not though, it's going to go into the woods and it's going to do me no good.

Golf is a game of how many, not necessarily how far. And trust me (a guy who has plenty of blowup holes), it's better to be 200 yards in the fairway than 300 and OB, hitting 3.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

There's two sides to this argument, I think - first, the people who routinely exaggerate their distance off the tee, and really think they hit it that far. Then with the one in a hundred tee shots they hit that does go that far, they're vindicated for the next six months, satisfied that they really do hit the ball that far. Thing is, well, they don't. Even a 250 yard drive looks like a real bomb, let alone a 300 yarder.

In all due respect....guys who claim to "knock the cover off the ball" are the best to bet against. No game whatsoever, see Jason Zuback...last years TV tourney deal.....

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex

This is the group that I'm referencing. 250 Yards is far. Look at some of the best players: Zach Johnson is 268, Tiger is 288, Geoff Ogilvy is 280. When I'm watching these guys, they are absolutely smashing the ball. Yet, the guys I play and have played with are nothing like this, yet......I'm 270, or 275. Be real.

I don't doubt that regardless of handicap, someone is capable of hitting a long bomb. My point was I never, ever see this but that's all I'm ever told.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

So you outdrove him by 5 yards, according to his first tee chest puff claim...right??

the guy honestly couldnt hit the ball farther then 275, i dont know why this guy csaid he hit the ball so far right before we played, like i wasn't gonna find out. i get it three putt, no need to drop hints on me.

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

This is the group that I'm referencing. 250 Yards is far. Look at some of the best players: Zach Johnson is 268, Tiger is 288, Geoff Ogilvy is 280. When I'm watching these guys, they are absolutely smashing the ball. Yet, the guys I play and have played with are nothing like this, yet......I'm 270, or 275. Be real.

High handicaps generally dont play with people who are long from what ive come into contact with so they dont actually see the people who truly are long (290+ average) so to them maybe they believed a guy who said he hit it 300 when he actually hit it 270. Also, I dont know how people mess up with basic math, its a 400 yard hole dead straight, you have 150 to the pin, you probably hit it 230 with 20 yds of roll, if you busted it you arent sniffing 300 anytime soon without some overhaul in your swing.

the guy honestly couldnt hit the ball farther then 275, i dont know why this guy csaid he hit the ball so far right before we played, like i wasn't gonna find out. i get it three putt, no need to drop hints on me.

No problem...it is obvious who drives it 15 yards further than the next guy (or tour pro) ....means nothing (ie...John Daly, Bubba Watson, JB Holmes, Hank Kuhne, etc...)

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex

Note: This thread is 5892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!