IGNORED

Hello. Returning to Golf After a 15 Year Hiatus.

Longjourney

Hello. I'm Jeff, from McKinney, TX.  I'm returning to golf after a lengthy absence. I used to play weekly, but switched to flying sailplanes about 15 years ago. Both are primarily weekend activities, so something had to give. I've recently switched back to golf, although I've only played a few times since I decided to get back into the game. I'm currently trying to get my 64 y/o body to do what it used to, but due to my significant travel for work, it's really hard to sustain an exercise routine. Living in hotels, working odd hours, and eating on the road are issues that I need to manage better to get back into shape to be able to swing a club the way I want to.  Nonetheless, I hope to be playing regularly soon! 

Looking forward to interacting with the other members of this group.

Jeff

4 minutes ago, Longjourney said:

Hello. I'm Jeff, from McKinney, TX.  I'm returning to golf after a lengthy absence. I used to play weekly, but switched to flying sailplanes about 15 years ago. Both are primarily weekend activities, so something had to give. I've recently switched back to golf, although I've only played a few times since I decided to get back into the game. I'm currently trying to get my 64 y/o body to do what it used to, but due to my significant travel for work, it's really hard to sustain an exercise routine. Living in hotels, working odd hours, and eating on the road are issues that I need to manage better to get back into shape to be able to swing a club the way I want to.  Nonetheless, I hope to be playing regularly soon! 

Looking forward to interacting with the other members of this group.

Jeff

Welcome back to golf and welcome to TST! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TST! Golf is a grand journey we all love around here. It’s disastrously wonderful. Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to TST.  That's a great introduction, thanks.   You'll find people here are warm and welcoming but you'll also find that facts rule over opinions.   Search out the instruction forums, you'll be pleasantly surprised with all of the help available.

Again, welcome

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to TST!

Once you've played golf you'll always come back to it regardless of the length of the gap or age.

Enjoy the journey!

• Thumbs Up 1

I suppose that is true. I have not played in over 21 years. I was never good. I played socially at Company outings mostly. 

I am 68 years old now. I am interested in the game again for these reasons:

Exercise, walking the course, pursuing it from a minimalist vantage point with 6 or 7 clubs.

Most golf courses are aesthetically pleasing to the eye. It all adds to the Joy of living.

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • This past season, I was having some 'strike' issues with my Hogan Black Blades. So I went back to my Hogan Edge GS Ft. Worth set from around 1993((ish?). Still a smaller head, but with plenty of forgiveness. Traditional lofts as well. Had them regripped- probably the 3rd time, but at least 10 years on the old ones since I've had other sets in the interim. They are in excellent condition with no rust and a few little spots of pitting.  I loved my original Edge's from 1989 that I won during a charity event, and played those for several years until they were stolen. I found the newer set in my Dad's bag that he picked up at an estate sale. I asked what he paid for them- "$50". Okay, I told him "I'll give you $50 AND my current set for these". He obliged since he was nearing the end of his golf "career" due to age and health issues.  After he passed, I went through his collection of clubs and found a set of TaylorMade Technicians in great shape as well. Along with some off brand stuff and 'clones' along with the set of Wilson's I had traded him for the GS's. Most went off to Goodwill, but I kept the Technicians and his assortment of hickory shafted clubs including one of the Hagen Spoon Sand Wedges and a a few from clubmakers in St. Andrews. Only used the Technicians once or twice just for a giggle to prove to my buddies I could beat them with anything. 
    • only 7 players under par so far today, I might have done better not submitting a roster this week. if it stays like this I might play guys on my roster who don't make the cut for the weekend
    • A truly awful story to be sure.  Part of this is the general disbelief that men can be the victims of sexual assault. That's a belief that goes well beyond the confines of the United Center or professional hockey. It made it easy for Blackhawk management to dismiss the allegations. When the guys at the top of an organization fail to do anything, nobody under them will rock the ship much. Especially not a ship that was headed toward a Stanley Cup victory. Kane and Toews comments reflect they didn't take it very seriously back then and that they still don't now.
    • LIST OF GEARS-Heads: @Vinsk💰 @boogielicious 💰 @Darkfrog 💰 @Chris Brooks 💰 @cipher 💰 @ChetlovesMer 💰 @billchao ✅💰 @saevel25  ✅💰 @GolfLug ✅ @BradSomrak @coachjimsc @bjfox10 ✅💰 Local Player DR Local Player BT Local Player ST @Shindig  @georgep 
    • Nope, not all conferences are created equal....  It should be teams in Power-5 conferences and a few independents if they play enough power-5 teams.  No non-power 5 conference is better than a power-5 conference.  The best team in the conference could miss out on the conference championship.  What if Ohio State, beat Wisconsin during the season. Wisconsin is 9-2 versus OSU 11-0 in a rematch in the conference championship game. Wisconsin wins, is Wisconsin the best team in the conference? At best, they are equal because they are 1-1 during the season. If you throw in conference record, it is OSU with 11-1 versus 10-2.  You should take the conference champion in each conference power-5 conference (5 teams), then for an 8-team playoff, the next best 3 teams. If a 12 team playoff, the next best 7 teams.   
  • Today's Birthdays

1. david7w5
      david7w5
      (49 years old)
    2. Jmwest76
      Jmwest76
      (45 years old)
    3. Mikael Detterberg
      Mikael Detterberg
      (39 years old)
    4. NEhomer
      NEhomer
      (61 years old)
    5. RangeGolfer
      RangeGolfer
      (40 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...