IGNORED

Why don't Pro instructors compete??

under_par
Note: This thread is 5880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Why aren't Pro Instructor Compete?

• Some are better teacher than player
    • Tried but failed

All of the instructors that I know dont have any "game" at all...Granted if you know a lot about the game--it doesnt make you a good golfer... you never see any PGA Club professionals ever qualifying for the tour..I think its because they get boggled down into the mechanics of the swing and dont play natural golf ....if you notice --the best players in the world are the ones that play a "feel" game..just my opinion

There are a few current tour pros who were club pros or teaching at one time.

My instructor is a +3, has played on a few mini-tours and holds numerous course records. You need to hang out with better instructors. SubPar

If you put this into a Martial Arts perspective...would I dare challenge my Master/Teacher to a fight? He would put me down in a heart beat.

So for a Golf Pro Instructor to compete would other feel intimidated? Also for me I love to compete and win...so if these instructors are at the highest level in golf wouldn't the want/love to compete? hmmmmmmm???

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!
Life is too short not to tried everything out there

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

There are a few current tour pros who were club pros or teaching at one time.

Yes--but theirs a huge difference between local golf heroes and the big boys

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Yes--but theirs (sic) a huge difference between local golf heroes and the big boys

What is your freakin' point? Did you read what you posted before? Did you read my response to your specific comments? What the F does this post mean?

You said no club pros go to the tour - wrong! You imply that all teaching pros are poor players - wrong. You assert that good tour players are "Feel" players - untrue and irrelevant to this thread. Your posts are mostly rambling nonsense... and the word is "there's" not "theirs". SubPar

We had a guy at my club who was the world amateur champion and european amateur champion twice . He beat JB Holmes 5 and 4 in the Walker Cup and he got his card last year in Q school. At the end of the season he had made 4 cuts and won about $15,000 . Now the point of this is to illustrate just how talented the top 200 or so golfers in the world are . Take your avereage club pro who plays off +3 and there is no comaparisson I would wager they could not even break 80 at the US open.

So why does a guy like Harmen become a teacher , well because he discovered that in terms of teaching he is as good as Tiger is at tournament play and we all want to be that good at something.

One thing I have never heard discussed on the Golf Channel is how much these guys get paid. I'll bet Butch makes well over a million a year instructing and he does not have the grind associated with playing for a living.

The top golf instructors are like script doctors or A-list picture editors in the movie business. They get paid massive amounts of money to fix things. When a major player is in trouble I'm sure they will pay big bucks for some personal attention. SubPar

This is a true story!
Maybe 10 or 12 years ago, maybe more, I was playing in Lake Nona, Orlando, with a friend. We got to number 10 which is a dogleg right with a bunker in the corner of the dogleg (perfect place to land your drive!!!)There was a guy in the sand and we waited at the tee and watched him try several times to get out of the sand. He finally waved us through. When we drove by, It was Leadbetter (it was when his academy was there and he was building a house there).
My fiend made some comment when we drove by about not believing it could be him not being able to get out of the sand and got a nasty response back.

Those who can't do, teach

and those who can't teach, teach gym!

lol jack black quote school of rock

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!