IGNORED

Putter Fitting

Note: This thread is 931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Alright, I have a putter fitting set up at club champion in Columbus later this month. They offer fittings using their system, or they can do an Edel fitting. I’m torn on which way to go with it….

I’m not a terrible putter right now when it comes to pace but my aiming is pretty bad. I know Edel really nails down on that aspect. 

Anyone tried both or have an opinion on which way I should go? 

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 9
3-Wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 
Irons: Titleist AP3 4-Pw

Wedges: 48,52,56 Titleist vokey
Putter: Scotty Select Newport 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would use their standard fitting because I know it covers everything and that is what I’m looking for in a putter fitting.    But that is because I don’t know anything about the Edel fitting, don’t know anyone that has an Edel putter and have never seen a tour player with one.  If the Edel fitting seems better to you than go for it.  

One question, can you do an Edel putter fitting and use the info to get another brand putter or is all their info specific to their putters only?

Edited by Typhoon92
More info

On 10/19/2021 at 11:25 AM, Double_AA said:

Alright, I have a putter fitting set up at club champion in Columbus later this month. They offer fittings using their system, or they can do an Edel fitting. I’m torn on which way to go with it….

I’m not a terrible putter right now when it comes to pace but my aiming is pretty bad. I know Edel really nails down on that aspect. 

Anyone tried both or have an opinion on which way I should go? 

How far are you from Erie, PA? @iacas does Edel fittings and I’m sure would do a much more thorough job than Club Champion.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

How far are you from Erie, PA? @iacas does Edel fittings and I’m sure would do a much more thorough job than Club Champion.

We charge a good bit less than Club Champion, and many parts of WV aren't too far away.

So, @Double_AA, that's my whole "hard sell" right there. 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Man, I really really wish I could but I’m only getting to do this trip because the wife wants to go to the outlets lol. That’s about 6 hours vs 2.5 me. I hope it’s worth it, that would be my only fitted club that I have. 

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 9
3-Wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 
Irons: Titleist AP3 4-Pw

Wedges: 48,52,56 Titleist vokey
Putter: Scotty Select Newport 

• Administrator

The Edel fitting is pretty good, but they're down to three hosels and four head shapes right now, with different lines and weights of course. No "dots" though, just lines on the plates currently.

The old system was much more flexible, but if you're fit for a non-Edel club, you're just as limited: to what the models currently in production are from the various manufacturers.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

The Edel fitting is pretty good, but they're down to three hosels and four head shapes right now, with different lines and weights of course. No "dots" though, just lines on the plates currently.

The old system was much more flexible, but if you're fit for a non-Edel club, you're just as limited: to what the models currently in production are from the various manufacturers.

Interested what the old system was!

I got fitted for an Edel putter a year ago. I still feel like I'm hitting a leading edge first chip to the left (my natural aim was high and right). But I've gotten used to it and gained 2 full strokes from putting better!

I'm obsessive in my Arccos adjusting pin placement and first putt location on each hole so I'm very confident in that number. From 10-25 feet, where I feel most improved, the numbers back my feel and I've been putting like a scratch golfer!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, mdl said:

Interested what the old system was!

The old Edel putters.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

The old Edel putters.

Yeah I just don't know what additional fitting flexibility those had.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

• Administrator
3 hours ago, mdl said:

Yeah I just don't know what additional fitting flexibility those had.

Way more hosels. Six heads instead of five. More variety of dots and lines. Just way more options.

Note: This thread is 931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!