IGNORED

Mevo+ Alignment/Protective Stand

Note: This thread is 841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

In the other topic, I asked about the stands I've seen for the Mevo+.

From what I could see in looking around the rest of the evening, there are two out there. They're almost identical, and so I emailed the one and he replied. I've got two on the way:

• A red one with white knobs (should stand out and match the FlightScope colors).
  • A green one with yellow knobs (the "Masters Edition" one, ha ha).

From the creator/maker:

They have been met with overwhelmingly positive feedback. Here's the info on pricing, ordering and payment if you like the looks of them. Just let me know if you have any other questions.

The stands are $45USD shipped anywhere in the US. That includes the base (single color), lexan shield, 3 legs/knobs, and USPS priority mail shipping.

I have most colors in stock and usually ship within a few days of payment. Often same day or day after.

You can pick any color combination you like for the the stand/knobs. I have all the basic colors for both: (Red, Black, Blue, Green, White, Silver, Orange). I've got some exotic colors and finishes as well and the ability to customize the stand with multiple colors for an additional $10.

My email address is mevostandbytony [at] gmail.com if you would like to go ahead and send payment through to get an order in.

I use and prefer PayPal so I can set your shipping up through PayPal shipping. It's faster, easier, and more accurate than manually entering the addresses. I do have other electronic payment methods if you do not have PayPal.

When sending PayPal, please send as a regular PayPal payment (purchase protection) rather than Friends and Family. It is much easier for me to set up shipping this way.

Once payment is sent, please reply here with your color choice and Address for confirmation and Ill take care of the rest.

Thanks again!

Here are some photos he sent me:

Screenshot_20210919-223040_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210919-223053_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210919-223102_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210919-223112_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210919-223122_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210919-223225_Gallery.jpg

P.S. The various notches let you set the Mevo+ at the different angles required by the different applications: simulators often like 12°, the FlightScope apps like 16-18°, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

@Slowcelica has one. What do you think?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

They arrived today, and I've de-saturated (particularly the reds) a bit in the first image so that you can see the ridges that catch the Mevo+ stand, but the second image shows the intensity of the red pretty clearly:

mevo_base_1.jpgmevo_base_2.jpg

On 11/9/2021 at 7:53 PM, Slowcelica said:

The one draw back at least in mine was that the plexiglass glass fit really tight and was tough to get on.

You weren't kidding, and to be honest, this is a fairly decent negative here. I had to get out a hairdryer, put it on high, and blast the thing to try to soften the plastic a bit, and even then with quite a bit of force (I'm not a body builder but I'm not weak by any stretch), it barely went in. In fact, I thought I was on the verge of snapping the plexiglass a few times. This is what I managed to get:

mevo_base_3.jpg

Make no mistake - that plexiglass is in there. I can pick it up by the plexiglass and carry the base around. But as I see it, there's no reason for the channel to be this stout and this narrow. In my opinion, it should be wider so you could slide it down in there pretty easily and take it out. Even if it's so loose when a ball hit it that it could get knocked out a little, it would have already done its job by stopping the ball. Alternatively, keep it this tight, but do it in waves with three little bumps or something, not across the entire channel.

I blew up the image (without any extra sharpening or anything) and measured the widths of the channel and got these two images. The image size is the same in both, I just moved the "ruler" down.

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 6.25.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-12 at 6.25.51 PM.png

I've talked with Tony, and he is the one who recommended the heat gun or hairdryer, but 260 pixels won't easily go into 190 pixels regardless of how high your heat gun is turned up (unless you want to literally melt the plastic).

Plus, if the plexiglass was more easily removable, it'd be easier to store, because you could take the plexiglass out and store it flat. As it is now, I don't know that I'd get it back in without the use of a hairdryer again, and so I don't want to take them back out. And I don't think I can file it away because I don't think there's any files this narrow.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

They arrived today, and I've de-saturated (particularly the reds) a bit in the first image so that you can see the ridges that catch the Mevo+ stand, but the second image shows the intensity of the red pretty clearly:

You weren't kidding, and to be honest, this is a fairly decent negative here. I had to get out a hairdryer, put it on high, and blast the thing to try to soften the plastic a bit, and even then with quite a bit of force (I'm not a body builder but I'm not weak by any stretch), it barely went in. In fact, I thought I was on the verge of snapping the plexiglass a few times. This is what I managed to get:

mevo_base_3.jpg

And I don't think I can file it away because I don't think there's any files this narrow.

Sounds like a job for a scalpel/Exacto knife to shave a sliver of thickness off the bottom edge of the plexiglass

410BEE86-667C-4016-83B8-D57521CF3D82.jpeg

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Sounds like a job for a scalpel/Exacto knife to shave a sliver of thickness off the bottom edge of the plexiglass

I'd like to see you do it! I'm not even gonna try.

If I was to do anything it'd be to either file the base a little bit to widen the hole or maybe with a sanding dremel take a little off the plexiglass. But I don't think I'll do either.

On 11/12/2021 at 6:36 PM, iacas said:

mevo_base_3.jpg

Make no mistake - that plexiglass is in there. I can pick it up by the plexiglass and carry the base around. But as I see it, there's no reason for the channel to be this stout and this narrow. In my opinion, it should be wider so you could slide it down in there pretty easily and take it out. Even if it's so loose when a ball hit it that it could get knocked out a little, it would have already done its job by stopping the ball. Alternatively, keep it this tight, but do it in waves with three little bumps or something, not across the entire channel.

I blew up the image (without any extra sharpening or anything) and measured the widths of the channel and got these two images. The image size is the same in both, I just moved the "ruler" down.

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 6.25.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-12 at 6.25.51 PM.png

I've talked with Tony, and he is the one who recommended the heat gun or hairdryer, but 260 pixels won't easily go into 190 pixels regardless of how high your heat gun is turned up (unless you want to literally melt the plastic).

Plus, if the plexiglass was more easily removable, it'd be easier to store, because you could take the plexiglass out and store it flat. As it is now, I don't know that I'd get it back in without the use of a hairdryer again, and so I don't want to take them back out. And I don't think I can file it away because I don't think there's any files this narrow.

Ya once you get it in there it’s pretty much welded in there. Mine may have been a little wider because I brut forced it in, pretty much put my whole body weight on it and pushed it down.

• Administrator

Tony is sending another one (and I will send this one back if he wants to see it) because he hasn't ever seen one this tight.

Like you said it's VERY in there. It's also barely in there, and is quite a bit thicker than the width of the channel.

• Administrator

Great news!

alignmentstand.jpg

The tweaked ones slipped in pretty far, and this was done pretty easily. I just put one side in, then pushed down and then got the other side down. I almost did them one-handed, and the lexan didn't even bend a bunch so I know was really pushing down on the first batch.

The lexan doesn't feel noticeably different (thicker or thinner), so… I don't know.

But I'm glad these work so well!

• 3 weeks later...

It seems like the feet are upside down. Wouldn't you want the larger knob part to be what touches the ground?

:cleveland: Launcher HB driver (9 degree), Launcher HB 3 & 5 woods,  4H Launcher hybrids, CBX 5-GW, 54 & 58 degree wedges, :cleveland: RHO 35” :srixon: Z Star XV 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, vonbonds said:

It seems like the feet are upside down. Wouldn't you want the larger knob part to be what touches the ground?

They're not really a knob. You can glue them on, but the bottom is just the flathead side of a nylon screw, so it's big enough to provide enough lift and also not so flat/wide that it easily slides around.

The "knobs" are almost pointless. They're decorative, basically.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!