IGNORED

Who's Your Pick for the Stanley Cup?

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 5814 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Even last year they could have beaten the Ducks. They had Game 5 locked up when a horrible call against Datsyuk lead to a power play. A crazy shot deflects off Lidstrom's stick and over Dom's shoulder. Lidstrom might be the best stick handling defenseman in NHL history. A fluke bounce in the closing seconds and the game is in OT instead of a 3-2 series lead they are down 3-2. Granted they did not play well in OT or in Game 6 and the Ducks were worthy of their cup

That was definately a bad bounce... but I didn't see it the same as other years where the Wings didn't live up to their potential (the Edmonton loss or the Calgary loss). Bad bounces are part of hockey, but in other years they played below their ability, while last year I thought they played well, just couldn't quite do it with the injuries and as you pointed out... game 5 bounce.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Penguins.... Sid The Kid

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

That was definately a bad bounce... but I didn't see it the same as other years where the Wings didn't live up to their potential (the Edmonton loss or the Calgary loss). Bad bounces are part of hockey, but in other years they played below their ability, while last year I thought they played well, just couldn't quite do it with the injuries and as you pointed out... game 5 bounce.

You make your own breaks. For the past few years they have gotten flustered when a bad goal was let in or a questionable penalty was called. Put them up against a hot goalie and forget about it. I thought last year they did a good job of overcoming that. Until the Ducks series. This year they look like they have put that in the past and the young guys are now veterans. Datsyuk and Zetterberg don't vanish in the playoffs anymore.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Good job Avs.

"Eliminate All Compensations."

Bag: 2008 Warbird
Driver: R7 425 10.5 (s)
3 wood: R7 stIrons: RAC MB TP 2-PWWedges: SV 56*10, SV Black Satin 60*10Putter: Anser 4Balls: Black

Good job Avs.

you can't really blame them... they were outclassed and short staffed.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Good job Avs.

I was impressed by the class they showed in the 3rd. The game was obviously over well before that but they did not goon it up or take any cheap shots like too many teams do in those situations. As much as I hate the Avs. I think it's one of the best rivalries in all of sports and I hope they can rekindle it.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

The Avs should have never been swept with the amount of talent they had. I could do a better job coaching then Joe Quenneville. True they were injury plagued, but they have at least skated on par with the Red Wings.

At least we got swept by the future Stanley Cup Champions of '08.

"Eliminate All Compensations."

Bag: 2008 Warbird
Driver: R7 425 10.5 (s)
3 wood: R7 stIrons: RAC MB TP 2-PWWedges: SV 56*10, SV Black Satin 60*10Putter: Anser 4Balls: Black

I was impressed by the class they showed in the 3rd. The game was obviously over well before that but they did not goon it up or take any cheap shots like too many teams do in those situations. As much as I hate the Avs. I think it's one of the best rivalries in all of sports and I hope they can rekindle it.

Just for clarification... I didn't mean outclassed in a sense of tact and sportsmanship, I just meant that they are a weaker team than the Wings, especially considering the injuries to key players.

I just hope the third round starts pretty soon.

Way to go Penguins, way to go. I didn't see the game, but Lundquist (sp) figured to play well at some point. It's all good, Pens just wanted to close NY out at home.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Lundquist played a great game. The Pens didn't play too well, but they had their scoring chances, including a penalty shot and Lundquist just shut them down. I'm a huge Pens fan but you have to compliment a goalie when he comes up big. GO PENS!!

Congratulations Flyers fans. Good luck in the next round. Biron was stellar in the series. Though he had a rough series, I still think Carey Price will one day win a Vezina in the league. At 20, he was in a pressure cooker. On the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast, they were talking about how Martin Brodeur went through a similar situation in 1994; he turned out pretty good

I was happy with the Habs fans in the arena tonight; in the past they could get down on players quickly, but they stood by all the team tonight.

A Wings-Pens final would be good hockey to watch, but there's a lot of hockey to be played until then. I guess the silver lining for me is that I can DVR games and go golfing after work now instead of watching things live when the Habs were on

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

just purchase 2 tickets for Game 3 (1st home game at Wachovia) sect 220 row 5........representing the orange & black baby......

Let's Go Flyers......(clap clap clap clap clap).....Let's Go Flyers....(clap clap clap clap clap)........

even though we played the Pens tough during the regular season I still think they are the team to beat, but either way anything can happen and even should we lose this series I'm still thrilled after the terrible season last season.......

GoGolfing, here's to a great series with your boys, and look up you possibility have a great player in Price for years to come, you guys will be back again...soon..... great season for the Habs

Pens/Flyers would be a fun series....Pens have to get in first though....
Hopefully that whole issue will be resolved this afternoon!
GO PENS!!!

Pens/Flyers would be a fun series....Pens have to get in first though....

taking nothing away from the Rangers but it's only a matter of time before the pens finish them off......and today will be the day imho......can't state it more then I have already but the Pens are clearly the best team left (even over the Wings imho)

taking nothing away from the Rangers but it's only a matter of time before the pens finish them off......and today will be the day imho......can't state it more then I have already but the Pens are clearly the best team left (even over the Wings imho)

Yeah....I think beating the Pens at Mellon Arena is going to be a pretty tall task for the Rangers. considering

"The team has earned a point in 12-straight home games (10-0-2) and in 17 of the last 18 home games (14-1-3). They are 20-2-3 in their last 25 contests at Mellon Arena." I think the Pens/Wings matchup (if it happens) would be interesting. Great offensive firepower vs. a staunch defense.

I think the Pens/Wings matchup (if it happens) would be interesting. Great offensive firepower vs. a staunch defense.

2 explosive offenses for sure, but I honeslty think that the Stars or Sharks winner could very well beat up on the Wings with their size and type of play........(but what do I know I thought the Avs would beat the Wings in 6. )

2 explosive offenses for sure, but I honeslty think that the Stars or Sharks winner could very well beat up on the Wings with their size and type of play........(but what do I know I thought the Avs would beat the Wings in 6.

Hey, you never know.....there's already one #1 team out.

(actually, I'm not sure that's all that good considering my team now has to play the Flyers ).

Hey, you never know.....there's already one #1 team out.

not taking anything away from the Habs (sorry GoGolfing) but I never viewed them as a #1 even though they were, going into that series (as a Flyers fan) I wasn't worried about them like I was against the Caps w/AO and the way I will be against the Pens, I viewed them as a 1 person team with Carey Price......in my eyes the Pens were the #1 seeded team,(they are a complete team imho) and right now I think the Flyers are playing as a team as well but with a hot Goalie. honestly this time of season it doesn't matter your seeding, what matters is who's hot right now and playing their best......

Note: This thread is 5814 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!