IGNORED

Who's Your Pick for the Stanley Cup?

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 5815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

not taking anything away from the Habs (sorry GoGolfing) but I never viewed them as a #1 even though they were, going into that series (as a Flyers fan) I wasn't worried about them like I was against the Caps w/AO and the way I will be against the Pens, I viewed them as a 1 person team with Carey Price......in my eyes the Pens were the #1 seeded team,(they are a complete team imho) and right now I think the Flyers are playing as a team as well but with a hot Goalie.

So do you think the Pens took the low road at the end of the season to take the #2 seed (a la Senators coach Brian Murray's claim)? Just curious....

honestly this time of season it doesn't matter your seeding, what matters is who's hot right now and playing their best......

Good point!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
So do you think the Pens took the low road at the end of the season to take the #2 seed (a la Senators coach Brian Murray's claim)? Just curious....

I think they took the opportunity to rest some players and try some different combinations. What's it matter what seed you are? Who cares? You still have to beat three teams to get in.

I don't think they cared who they played in the first round. They said as much. Brian Murray should have worried more about not getting swept than shooting his mouth off.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think they took the opportunity to rest some players and try some different combinations. What's it matter what seed you are? Who cares? You still have to beat three teams to get in.

Agreed. I think it was best put

here : "If what happened in Philadelphia was the Penguins' idea of throwing a game -- a 2-0 defeat on the road, with one of those goals an empty-netter -- they really need to work on getting better at it."

I went the last game of the year up in Philly when they played on a Sunday afternoon game and Crosby and a few others were out.....I agreed with them resting Sidney though, cause what if the Flyers :(Hartnell, Downie, Upshall) would have taken him out?.......I do think they rested players but understand completely..... iacas: and as far as seeding goes, sure it matters to a point, home ice advantage can be huge......but as the Flyers have proven, it doesn't mean much......just get a split in games 1-2 and you'll be fine......losing the 1st game isn't that big a deal as people make it out to be imho, it's kinda like your tee shot, important but not as important as your 2nd shot......

• Administrator
and as far as seeding goes, sure it matters to a point, home ice advantage can be huge......but as the Flyers have proven, it doesn't mean much......just get a split in games 1-2 and you'll be fine......losing the 1st game isn't that big a deal as people make it out to be imho, it's kinda like your tee shot, important but not as important as your 2nd shot......

There's not much difference between the 1 and 2 seeds is all, particularly when the #1 doesn't make it to the conference finals.

It's rare that both the 1 and 2s make it to the finals, so I was considering that when I made my comments.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Missed game 5 for a movie, but won't miss the Pens dismantling of the Flyers in 6. Here's to a Wings-Pens final, as most of my family are Wings fans. Would be great to see the Pens get another banner, and award Super Mario for his dedication to keeping the Pens in Pittsburgh.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I hope Philly stomps Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh got so many calls in the series versus the Rangers, it was disgusting.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
I hope Philly stomps Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh got so many calls in the series versus the Rangers, it was disgusting.

Oh bull. Waa waa waa.

2 explosive offenses for sure, but I honeslty think that the Stars or Sharks winner could very well beat up on the Wings with their size and type of play........(but what do I know I thought the Avs would beat the Wings in 6.

Thats what they said about Nashville and Colorado too. The Wings may not be loaded with bruisers but they are tough and protect each other. They also have not been taking the stupid penalty for hitting back and most games were the agressor when it came to hitting. Franzen and Holmstrom do an awesome job in front of the net and McCarty can hold his own if we have to fight. We also have the two best defensive forwards in the game who happen to be 90+ point scorers. I'll take my chances with Dallas.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Thats what they said about Nashville and Colorado too. The Wings may not be loaded with bruisers but they are tough and protect each other. They also have not been taking the stupid penalty for hitting back and most games were the agressor when it came to hitting. Franzen and Holmstrom do an awesome job in front of the net and McCarty can hold his own if we have to fight. We also have the two best defensive forwards in the game who happen to be 90+ point scorers. I'll take my chances with Dallas.

The Wings will surely be tough, and I will give them edge. I am Stars fan, however, so............ GO STARS!!!!!!

The Wings will surely be tough, and I will give them edge. I am Stars fan, however, so............ GO STARS!!!!!!

The Stars have sure picked the right time to peak. I am a little worried about the extended break for the Wings. They do have some older players that could use it, but too often the team with a week off plays the team that is red hot and loses that first game.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Pens -1

man Timmo being out is a huge loss for us, but the Pens showed last night just how tough they are going to be....Melkin is a beast

man Timmo being out is a huge loss for us, but the Pens showed last night just how tough they are going to be....Melkin is a beast

Yeah....missing him certainly doesn't help. And that's really too bad for him...missing out on an opportunity like this.

Malkin is sick! He and Crosby have such great vision and skills. Fleury played well but I'd like to see him stay on his skates a little better when the other team is crowding the crease..... Was it me or was the color commentator for the game last night slightly annoying? Probably just me....

Penguins are not going to be pushed around this series like Montreal was. Philly has to be meaner and tougher if they are going on. Memo to the Flyers: Start fights in the first two periods rather than when the final horn sounds....

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
Both teams showed a bit of rust from the lull but I think this is going to be a hell of a series!!

I don't buy into that. It was five days. They're professional athletes. I think they were "feeling each other out" if anything. Rust? Eh. Again, five days.

Funny, I don't remember hearing his name much in eight regular-season games against the Pens. Oh well.

Was a good game. After the first period it looked like an 8-6 game or something.

I don't buy into that. It was five days. They're professional athletes. I think they were "feeling each other out" if anything. Rust? Eh. Again, five days.

hmm funny I heard John Stevens state numerous times how Timmo is his best player, not only D'man....hmmm..funny how listening allows you to hear.....

• Administrator
hmm funny I heard John Stevens state numerous times how Timmo is his best player, not only D'man....hmmm..funny how listening allows you to hear.....

I listened. If he's your best player, you're in for trouble. I also listened to all the regular-season games against the Penguins, and that's what I was talking about. "Funny how reading and paying attention leads to comprehension and understanding."

Let me put it another way: Timonen wasn't a factor in any of the Pens games. His name never came up during the coverage. And comparing him to Sergei Gonchar is a joke. Timonen played 80 games, scoring 8 goals and 36 assists. His +/- was EVEN and he had 29 powerplay points. Gonchar played in 78 games, and had 12 goals and 53 assists. He was a +13 and had 46 powerplay points. And the Flyers pay him, what, $8M? Ouch.

Note: This thread is 5815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!