IGNORED

Who's Your Pick for the Stanley Cup?

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 5809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

this series could easily be 3-0 Flyers right now.....

If you've watched the games, it could easily be 3-0 for the Habs right now if not for Biron. In the last 2 games the Habs have outshot them 70-34, with a fair number of posts. Biron has played great, but I'm not hitting the panic button just yet

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've watched the games, it could easily be 3-0 for the Habs right now if not for Biron. In the last 2 games the Habs have outshot them 70-34, with a fair number of posts. Biron has played great, but I'm not hitting the panic button just yet

yes I have actually thank you, and your correct it could be different but not 3-0 Habs.......maybe 2-1......but look for the Flyers to harrass your Golden Boy Price again seeing his glove hand is pretty weak right now....what's it broken?

your Golden Boy Price

He's 20 and a stud goalie; you wouldn't want him in your system

We'll see how he bounces back; 2 of the 3 last night were screen shots. I get a kick out of the Flyers after they score a goal; it looks like they all want to head to the showers together

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Flyers - Pens will be a good series. But I'd have to say Pittsburgh in 5. I think they are just too good.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

The Wings own the Stanley Cup. Pure domination.

100% correct!

I think the Pens would have something to say about that...even as a Flyers fan I still think the Pens are the best team in the NHL.......and the Stars may come in between the Wings and a SC showing as well......

How many points did the Pens rack up during the regular season... I thought it was quite a bit less than the Wings. Sure anything can happen in the playoffs, but the Wings and the West in general are the HEAVY favorite. Also, as far as the Stars stopping the Wings.... you may want to check the specs on Turco's record at the Joe... he's about 0-30.

I think the Wings defense is too good... they will shut down Sid and Malkin. Lindstrom is going to win yet another Norris and they have Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart, and Chelios. The Wings have a defense that is at least one and a half times better than the second best. As long as goaltending holds out they will win the cup.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Administrator
How many points did the Pens rack up during the regular season... I thought it was quite a bit less than the Wings. Sure anything can happen in the playoffs, but the Wings and the West in general are the HEAVY favorite.

Points earned in the regular season - who cares? The West has some good teams but it has a bunch of crappy teams, too, so obviously it's easier for some teams to earn more points. Points earned is a fairly pointless stat.

The Ducks are gone already. The Sharks are down 3-0. The "strength" of the West is lookingpretty weak if you ask me.
I think the Wings defense is too good... they will shut down Sid and Malkin.

You are aware that something like 17 or 18 of the 19 players that have started for the Pens have points, right?

The Wings have a defense that is at least one and a half times better than the second best. As long as goaltending holds out they will win the cup.

Oh, now you're just making things up, but okay. I'll let you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am a long time Stars fan, and was at the game last night, and I'm starting to believe they have it in them. The Wings will be a tough series for sure (I'm presuming we advance in the playoffs up 3-0 on the Sharks currently, but stranger things have happened) and Turco's record at the Joe has not been good, but I do believe we could win that series as long as we continue the team play we have going right now.

The Stars have typically sat on leads and it bites them in the butt. They have not been doing that in these playoffs and have been applying heavy pressure, particularly in the 3rd period. I really hope they keep it up.

Points earned in the regular season - who cares? The West has some good teams but it has a bunch of crappy teams, too, so obviously it's easier for some teams to earn more points. Points earned is a fairly pointless stat.

Yes, regular season stats mean absolutely nothing... there's just no way to really compare the two conferences anymore since the new schedule is so rediculous and division heavy. I just wanted to throw something out there... similar to when you were mentioning that the Pens had the most potent offense via their goal total during the regular season.

Anyway... in all seriousness, this is one of the most surprising second rounds I have seen. As you can see from my picks I did think that Stars, Pens, and Wings would all advance, but I never expected all three to jump ahead 3-0. Imagine 4 sweeps in one round (probably won't happen, but if it did). As far as the Ducks being gone, I'm not real surprised... they just didn't have the drive to win this year (at least that's what it looked like to me). The Sharks surprised me a bit... first in struggling against Calgary. Now I think they are just out of gas... especially after loosing that one in overtime last night.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Yes, regular season stats mean absolutely nothing... there's just no way to really compare the two conferences anymore since the new schedule is so rediculous and division heavy. I just wanted to throw something out there... similar to when you were mentioning that the Pens had the most potent offense via their goal total during the regular season.

I believe you mean his mention of Ottawa's potent offense....and his point there was how the Pens goalies played well vs. that potent offense....as shown below:

No mention of Pittsburghs goal total as they were 6th in the conference and about 15 behind the #1 team in the conference.
I don't know why the ESPN stats are different. The page I linked to (you know, at nhl.com) clearly shows Ottawa had more total goals - 258 to 257 - than Montreal in addition to more 5-on-5 goals.

I don't recall a mention of the Pens having the most potent offense as you say....not from iacas anyway.

I believe you mean his mention of Ottawa's potent offense....and his point there was how the Pens goalies played well vs. that potent offense....as shown below:

yeah... my mistake. I just woke up so maybe I'm not thinking straight yet (but I must be since I know the Wings will down the Pens

). Man... I can't wait to go play golf at about 12:00 or 1:00.

I just woke up so maybe I'm not thinking straight yet (but I must be since I know the Wings will down the Pens

Whatever!! lol

Man... I can't wait to go play golf at about 12:00 or 1:00.

I don't know.....I think you should go to work or something!

Have fun golfing Big_M!! Hit 'em well.

• Administrator
Imagine 4 sweeps in one round (probably won't happen, but if it did).

Flyers series is 2-1, so yeah, it can't happen. Would have been interesting. I wonder if they'd have moved the schedule up... do they do that kind of thing? Or would every team have like a week and a half off?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Flyers series is 2-1, so yeah, it can't happen. Would have been interesting. I wonder if they'd have moved the schedule up... do they do that kind of thing? Or would every team have like a week and a half off?

that's the second thing I've said that didn't make sense... I know the Flyers series is 2-1, I've even watched parts of it... I meant 3 sweeps

what is wrong with me this morning? I hope I start thinking more clearly on the course, and while I'm finishing my take-home exam the next couple days (last exam ever for law school ). I was wondering the same thing about the time off... I would almost rather see the Stars-Wings series start after a short break if they both close out early. I know that if all were done, they would start early... but if West but not East???

what's that I hear?.....oh that's right...

Let's Go Flyers.......... ...Let's Go Flyers........3-1 baby

Look what I ran into today.....

I see you are in Colorado. Were they bringing it to show the Avs fans what won't be coming back to them.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I am impressed with the Pens and Flyers. I saw the Pens play a few times this year and they are very talented. If they can keep that group together, they will be a force in the East for years to come. Philly has surprised me this year. I didn't expect much from them and they are beating a very good Montreal team. I was kind of hoping for a Detroit vs. Montreal or NY final. Just for the Original 6 thing. Dallas looks very good too. I was impressed by their 1st round against the Ducks but did not expect them to jump out 3-0 on San Jose. Even with the loss last night they should finish it off soon. Who am I missing? Oh yeah...The Wings. They don't look like Wings teams from the past few years. In recent years they would dominate a game for 59 minutes and be up 2-1. Then they would give up a bad late goal and lose in OT. This team seems way more composed and businesslike. They overcame a hot goalie and a late collapse in game 3, as well as a last minute goal in game 6 against Nashville. They have basically dominated Colorado. Osgood has backed up what he did all year by winning 5 straight and being solid in net. He made huge saves in the last seconds of games 1 and 3. They have two guys, Datsyuk and Zetterberg that might be the best two way forwards in hockey and a guy, Lidstrom, that is arguably the best defenseman in the last 20 years. They are also getting scoring from everyone including a rising star in Franzen.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Who am I missing? Oh yeah...The Wings. They don't look like Wings teams from the past few years. In recent years they would dominate a game for 59 minutes and be up 2-1. Then they would give up a bad late goal and lose in OT. This team seems way more composed and businesslike. They overcame a hot goalie and a late collapse in game 3, as well as a last minute goal in game 6 against Nashville. They have basically dominated Colorado. Osgood has backed up what he did all year by winning 5 straight and being solid in net. He made huge saves in the last seconds of games 1 and 3. They have two guys, Datsyuk and Zetterberg that might be the best two way forwards in hockey and a guy, Lidstrom, that is arguably the best defenseman in the last 20 years. They are also getting scoring from everyone including a rising star in Franzen.

Bingo Bango... as Mickey would say. I sure wish we didn't have to watch the rest of the games on the national telecast. I agree the younger guys on the Wings are getting used to the playoffs. Last year I actually thought they played great and it was just injuries and a great Ducks team that did them in, not untimely mistakes. Part of me says Dallas looks good, while the other part says the Wings always have Dallas' number... guess we'll see soon enough. Too bad I'll be moved to NC by the time they have the parade downtown... oh well, at least I've managed to go to a couple in the past.

Bingo Bango... as Mickey would say. I sure wish we didn't have to watch the rest of the games on the national telecast. I agree the younger guys on the Wings are getting used to the playoffs. Last year I actually thought they played great and it was just injuries and a great Ducks team that did them in, not untimely mistakes. Part of me says Dallas looks good, while the other part says the Wings always have Dallas' number... guess we'll see soon enough. Too bad I'll be moved to NC by the time they have the parade downtown... oh well, at least I've managed to go to a couple in the past.

Even last year they could have beaten the Ducks. They had Game 5 locked up when a horrible call against Datsyuk lead to a power play. A crazy shot deflects off Lidstrom's stick and over Dom's shoulder. Lidstrom might be the best stick handling defenseman in NHL history. A fluke bounce in the closing seconds and the game is in OT instead of a 3-2 series lead they are down 3-2. Granted they did not play well in OT or in Game 6 and the Ducks were worthy of their cup

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!