IGNORED

New Tommy Armour 845 Tungsten

rocket23
Note: This thread is 854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I bought a set for myself marked down, plus a coupon...made it an easy choice ...so I thought. Upon opening and inspection. It seems the chinese regime does not share my passion for equipment being set up correctly.Every club, 5-AW 7 clubs in all....cost 250.00$.  Every grip has excess tape on the shaft, and every grip was installed mis aligned with the club head face....Right now I am in the process of spinning the heads off and aligning the club face with the grips ....A task one shouldn't be doing on clubs originally priced at 499.99

Edited by rocket23

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

5,6,7,8,9,pw,S,gap,60 cobra ltdx 

sabertooth putter

The lofts of the 845’s. The new clubs are not engraved with the degrees like before. Another mark against a once good club for the price. 3FB72008-84D3-48C3-92EC-55BBD0155D21.thumb.jpeg.7f7117883e324873221db7c1cc636cfb.jpeg

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

That loft on that 5 is is stronger than my 4 iron!  Hopefully you can get out despite the time of year.

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;    Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, mohearn said:

That loft on that 5 is is stronger than my 4 iron!  Hopefully you can get out despite the time of year.

not likely ...most courses up here are closed for the season.......err closed for the weather.....

but yes one of the good things with these clubs are the different degrees to help higher handicappers.......the theory being a longer shot with a club would help with lower scores.

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

I have 3 titleist woods to regrip before I move on realigning the 845's.

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

I sent this review to golf galaxy one other vendor for these clubs.......which was rejected and not published, because it did not ''fulfill their review policies''........wow.

[quote]I bought a set listed at 499.99, 60% off at 240.00$ So I figure a bargain right?! Wrong these are cheaply made clubs from china, messy glue where the grip and shaft meet, grips not aligned with the club face these clubs are literally massed produced and slapped together with zero appreciation for how a club should be put together, not too mention the price they sell them for as to what they shell out for this garbage....[/quote]

Edited by rocket23

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

28 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Sometimes it's just better to pay full price, and get the real deal (60% off can be a red flag). Look closely at the vendor.  Who did you buy yours from?

Only 2 vendors bought the “rights” for tommy armour dicks sporting goods and golf galaxy.The wiki makes it look like an American company. But I doubt there is any production done here in the states. 

Dicks sporting goods to answer the question. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

3 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

Only 2 vendors bought the “rights” for tommy armour dicks sporting goods and golf galaxy.

Dick’s Sporting Goods owns Golf Galaxy, so only one company is licensed to produce and sell these clubs.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

Dick’s Sporting Goods owns Golf Galaxy, so only one company is licensed to produce and sell these clubs.

Right you are. Thanks. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

Hopefully Dick's or GG will let you return the clubs for a full refund.

Naw I’m spinning the heads and re epoxying them inline with the grips. Only thing in my way would be the shaft spline but I’m not sweating it. 

I have 2 left to finish the work. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

6 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

Dicks sporting goods to answer the question. 

Why not just return them? You're not going not be happy playing and thinking about 'em, right?

3 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

Naw I’m spinning the heads and re epoxying them inline with the grips. Only thing in my way would be the shaft spline but I’m not sweating it. 

I have 2 left to finish the work. 

Quick work! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;    Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema

24 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

That's not going to make them any less counterfeit.   

Not saying they are counterfeit. But they’re better now. There’s a lot of china product in our bags. But at least now these are the way they should be. Not haphazardly glued together. 

28 minutes ago, mohearn said:

Why not just return them? You're not going not be happy playing and thinking about 'em, right?

Quick work! 

Thanks one club every 24 hours. Epoxy and glass beads. And time. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

1 minute ago, rocket23 said:

There’s a lot of china product in our bags.

Yes, a lot of our clubs are made in China but assembled in the U.S.   Not sure if that's a good thing or not.  At least the assembler has the option of saying, "These are not up to spec."

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Yes, a lot of our clubs are made in China but assembled in the U.S.   Not sure if that's a good thing or not.  At least the assembler has the option of saying, "These are not up to spec."

Good point. I hadn’t thought of that. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

so a few pix with the last club. this one shows how bad the grip is aligned

IMG-0129.thumb.jpg.ecd85b8291bd2686e510f39cb910dcef.jpg

and now fixed

IMG-0125.thumb.jpg.4da3ec8c79d07b75aa81f80351559f8f.jpg

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

Note: This thread is 854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!