IGNORED

Another Flag Question

Zippo
Note: This thread is 796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A couple of courses in my area have a nearly hole sized disc attached to the bottom of the flagstick. You pull the stick gently and the ball comes up for the ride. So yes; I do pull the stick to remove my ball. Just try to penalize me! ... And get off my lawn!

On 2/21/2022 at 4:58 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

Man, I remember playing with my old man and because he used a blade-ish putter he would dip the toe of his putter into the hole and twirl it up to and then pull up to get the ball out. Half the time, he'd make a gauge 1/4 to 1/3 the circumference of the hole. I cringed the first two times I saw him do it. Then, I told him "I'll get the ball out for you." After that round I got him one of those do-hickeys to put on the end of his putter to pick the ball out of the hole. 

My father does the same thing and it drives me crazy! Plus he does it with my Scotty Cameron Newport 2 I let him borrow, that he now thinks he owns. Not only does it screw up the hole, my putter is a mess as well! I tried to get him one of those "do-hickeys" you mentioned but he refuses to use it. 🙄 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, NM Golf said:

My father does the same thing and it drives me crazy! Plus he does it with my Scotty Cameron Newport 2 I let him borrow, that he now thinks he owns. Not only does it screw up the hole, my putter is a mess as well! I tried to get him one of those "do-hickeys" you mentioned but he refuses to use it. 🙄 

I feel your pain brother. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, NM Golf said:

Somebody gave me one of those thingies you attach to the putter end to pull the ball out of the hole. But, since I've got the Arrcos sender on the end of the putter, I can't use it.

Note: This thread is 796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!