IGNORED

is marihuana a performance enhancer for your golf?

ganjagolfer
Note: This thread is 5858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And no, weed is illegal in Canada and rightly so. Can you imagine if weed was legalized and then all of a sudden there were nurses/doctors/police officers/judges/etc.. etc... smoking it on their breaks? Wow, that would be bad.

Yeah, and can you imagine if booze was legal and all the sudden nurses/doctors/police offices/judges/etc.. were knocking back 4 or 5 martinis on their breaks?

oh, wait...

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because something was made at one time by "mother nature" doesn't mean that it is safe to eat/smoke/sniff/drink/etc...

Seriously? Why wouldn't you ban alcohol then since there is the potential for nurses/doctors/police officers/judges/etc.. etc... to be drinking on their breaks?

Let's think about it logically. Marijuana is FAR less harmful than alcohol on the human body. There is some arguments that say that marijuana doesn't even kill brain cells at all. Is that true? I don't know. I believe there is actually an article in the medical journal that states it as a fact. Marijuana is not any more harmful to the body than a cigarette, a beer, or a quarter pounder, if it is done in moderation of course. Let's face it. The only reason marijuana isn't legal is because the governement knows they will have a hard time trying to regulate it. If the government isn't making money off of it, it can't be good right? And for the record, I don't smoke. I do think it should be legal though.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Yeah, and can you imagine if booze was legal and all the sudden nurses/doctors/police offices/judges/etc.. were knocking back 4 or 5 martinis on their breaks?

beat me too it :)

In the
AMP Cart Bag
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Seriously? Why wouldn't you ban alcohol then since there is the potential for nurses/doctors/police officers/judges/etc.. etc... to be drinking on their breaks?

Thank you T.J.K, anything can kill you legal or illegal.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

Drinking alcohol and smoking are 2 different things. People who do not understand always try to relate alcohol and bring it in as a bad thing. You know, a beer a day is actually good for you, I don't know the reasoning behind that but that is coming from my family doctor. People don't go outside in the cold and wind because the want to sip from their flask while no one watches them... but people do go outside and smoke with others, and right now it is only a cigarette but if given the opportunity that may turn into a joint.... but wait... I guess what I was arguing in my earlier post doesn't really make much sense because the people that I listed there are usually smart enough to know that marijuana can hurt you and does have negative side effects.

You guys who think that it won't hurt you and that it's such a great thing can go ahead and keep smoking.. use as much as you want... will look good on you when you get cancer and eat your words... Or when you jump in your car and drive while your high and run over some kid in a cross walk. Or skip out on going to the mall to buy your parents a birthday present because you were high and forgot, or that you spent their present money on pot. Idiots.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Your not making any sense man, everything you said that can happen after smoking weed, can happen after drinking alcohol. You can be drunk and hit some kid on the road, give you cancer of the liver, etc. So what exactly are you arguing?

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

Your not making any sense man, everything you said that can happen after smoking weed, can happen after drinking alcohol. You can be drunk and hit some kid on the road, give you cancer of the liver, etc. So what exactly are you arguing?

How bout this: Why would you want to add something else to the world that creates a negative impact?

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Titleist ProV1 Ball

I can understand the feelings here about illegal drugs. But I have a question..what about prescription drugs?

What about them? Prescriptions are prescriptions. They are prescribed for a reason by a medical doctor. Nothing really to talk about as far as those go.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Titleist ProV1 Ball

I never said there wasn't additives in these plants.

I dont smoke anymore but it might aswell be legal, B.C. is a large exporter of marijuana. People come from all over to smoke are bud. We have smoke shops in Vancouver, where you can go in and light up, and no cops will bother you.

In my highschool days, i was busted with 3.5 grams of marijuana between me and 2 of my buddies. The cop took the weed and gave me a 24 hour liscense suspension under suspicion of being under the influence. That was about 6 years ago. And things have changed a bit, you're aloud to keep an 1/8 on you for recreational purpose's. Although smoking in public is not legal. B.C. has one of the highest number of grow ops per capita in the world. Its pretty odd to gro up where 75% of people you know smoke the occasional joint and over half of their parents smoke aswell.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

What about them? Prescriptions are prescriptions. They are prescribed for a reason by a medical doctor. Nothing really to talk about as far as those go.

Prescription drugs are a huge problem. Kids are pocketing their ADHD drugs like Rittalin and Adderal then selling them to other kids to get high. Same thing with pain killers like Vicodin and Oxycontin. I'm guessing little Johnny did not have Vicodin prescribed to him, but maybe mom or dad did. There are reasons that you can't get multiple refills or have your script called in for some meds. They are controlled substances.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Drinking alcohol and smoking are 2 different things. People who do not understand always try to relate alcohol and bring it in as a bad thing. You know, a beer a day is actually good for you, I don't know the reasoning behind that but that is coming from my family doctor. People don't go outside in the cold and wind because the want to sip from their flask while no one watches them... but people do go outside and smoke with others, and right now it is only a cigarette but if given the opportunity that may turn into a joint.... but wait... I guess what I was arguing in my earlier post doesn't really make much sense because the people that I listed there are usually smart enough to know that marijuana can hurt you and does have negative side effects.

Unfortunately, you can't look at this argument logically, and then call others names about it.

Obviously you don't know any alcoholics cause they drink throughout the day while they are doing their jobs. If marijuana was regulated like alcohol, how would it be any different? And yes, one beer, or one glass of wine is good for you. It all goes back to moderation. There are plenty of people who drink to much and do many stupid things like drive. That doesn't mean we ban it to everyone. People have to take responsibility for their actions with alcohol. Why should it be any different with marijuana. I don't think anyone thinks marijuana should be legal and sold at any store like cigarettes. It would need to be harder to get in some way.

In the
AMP Cart Bag

Let's think about it logically. Marijuana is FAR less harmful than alcohol on the human body. There is some arguments that say that marijuana doesn't even kill brain cells at all. Is that true? I don't know. I believe there is actually an article in the medical journal that states it as a fact.

What?

THC(Tetrahydrocannabinol) the active ingredient in marijuana, in very water insoluble and lipid or fat soluble(mean it can an does dissolve in fats and fatty tissue). A healthy humans greatest amount of fatty tissue is found in the brain. I personally, find it disconcerting having THC molecules embedded in my brain(perhaps for life). While futher inquiry should be taken at the long term effects of the human body's fatty tissue harboring THC, my gut feeling is that it isn't good. The active ingredients in Beer(alcohol) and Cigarette(Nicotine) do not pose the same water insoluble and lipid(fat) soluble effects.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

How bout this: Why would you want to add something else to the world that creates a negative impact?

Now there's an assumption!

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

They are already. Just different drugs... painkillers, alcohol, tobacco, etc...

Thank you for making sense.

The "War on Drugs" creates crime and does nothing for the afflicted. Seriously anti-drug folks don't get it.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I can understand the feelings here about illegal drugs. But I have a question..what about prescription drugs?

Some doctors in the states will prescribe marijuana as well...just putting it out there...

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

For a thread started just a few days ago, this has received a lot of posts. Interesting.

As for the question of whether marijuanna might somehow improve my performance: I've never played having smoked the substance. I do know that when I take medicinal drugs, my performance is not enhanced. I also know that on the very few occassions I have had alcohol on the course, my performance was certainly not enhanced. I further know that my time on the course or, even, on the practice range is limited and, therefore, precious and I struggle to improve. Consequently, I am probably won't consider experimenting with some Delta Daze in order to answer Ganja's question.

Now, as to whether or not it might enhance pleasure or performance in other areas of one's life, well..............................................................

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Note: This thread is 5858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!