IGNORED

Who do you hate the most on tour?

BASHERBAKER69
Note: This thread is 3925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Several of the volunteers here at The Memorial have all named the same guy: Bubba Watson. "Biggest jerk out here, and the complete opposite of guys like Vijay Singh" one guy said.

V.J. carries himself better then anyone on tour. Like everyone who is in the public eye he has maybe said a thing or two he shouldn't have but who hasn't. He is a gracious loser and winner and a genuine sincere guy. I wish him nothing but the best everytime he plays and admire his work ethic and passion for the game. He is a true professional.

I wouldn't say "hate" but Tiger's caddy has a serious attitude problem. In fact, so does Tiger.

As someone said before golf is about entertainment, not letting out a string of words that would make even me proud while on camera (he leads the tour in fines for dropping the F-bomb on live TV). Everyone gets mad at themselves about the game and we all have the same problem, but keep a lid on it. After all you're on national TV.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I agree that TW and his caddie might be seen to have an attitude problem, but lets not forget that 'Steve' has a very difficult job to do in ensuring that Tiger can play amongst the chaos. Having such a protective caddie is part of the reason why Tiger has been so successful in recent times. But having said that, he does seem to be a bit heavy handed in his disciplining of spectators and the media. They should not forget that without the media on the course, Tiger would not be earning what he his and golf would not be so popular as it is today.

• Administrator
As someone said before golf is about entertainment

So now "entertaining" is only "behaving properly, and often like a robot"? I find it "entertaining" when a pro has a temper tantrum.

Besides, golf for Tiger is not about entertainment. It's about winning.
not letting out a string of words that would make even me proud while on camera (he leads the tour in fines for dropping the F-bomb on live TV).

That's a total guess, and has been said by many others before, he's on TV more than anyone else. My experience with Ian Poulter shows that every pro can be an ass under the right circumstances, and I've taken pictures of Tiger, and he sure as heck didn't act that way.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wouldn't say "hate" but Tiger's caddy has a serious attitude problem. In fact, so does Tiger.

In fairness, his attitude stems from inappropriate behavior. As it does for a lot of pros. Taking pics during his swing is just wrong and his outburst is reactive. Look what happened two weeks ago. Rod Pampling is putting for a second place check, fedex points, improving his world ranking, etc. What happens? As he's going through his putt some idiot screams "Way to go, Phil." Is that appropriate?

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

First of all I don't hate anyone. That's a big harsh. However, I'm not a fan of Ben Crane. And this isn't entirely fair as the guy has picked up his pace of play but he was so annoying to watch. Also, I plugged him into my fantasy golf lineup a few weeks ago and he withdrew right before his tee time

Second guy who comes to mind is Bubba Watson. Him not allowing any of the TV guys (Maltbie being one that comes to mind) get anywhere near him on the weekend at I think it was the US Open. Plus he just comes across as a jerk.

I think Ian Poulter may now get some honorable mention after a recent thread or two

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Hate is way to strong a word but the pros I can't stomach are:

Ames-just comes off like a jerk to me
Sabbatini-I loved his talk of going after Tiger but he lost me leaving Tiger's tournament early with cash in hand

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

I don't hate any of them but I can't ever find myself rooting for Hefty, err Mickleson. Just don't dig the guy is all.

Andrew

• 5 years later...
For me it's Gary Player...who wants to see that in Sports illustrated? But that's not why. I bought a driver from his company. Returned the club. Never got my money back, wrote continuously to the company and later it went out of business. That SOB owes me $168.00. Plus he's an egotistical a hole. Makes me sick every time I see him. Plus he's an ass that had to make sure he beat Jacks record of playing in the most majors even though he should have bowed out gracefully like Jack did.

Brave perspective. Did you really have to dig up a five-year old thread for that?
  • Upvote 1

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by golf_junkie27

I don't hate any player but I do hate Joe Schmoe, the fan, who constantly yells "Get in the hole." ...

Next to "in the hole" man, a close second was alleged comedian Matt Griesser in those stupid Sign Boy ads. I quit wearing Footjoys after a couple of seasons of those ads.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
None

You've never watched his

Playing Lessons with the Pros , have you? JJ is a pretty "aw, shucks" down-home kind of good guy.

I know JJ well from him being a cousin of my best friend growing up. He's pretty damn "aw-shucks" alright and a genuinely nice, generous guy.

Edited to add: I didn't realize this thread was so damn old.

"Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness."
William Wordsworth

Gear:
Callaway FT-S Driver Nike VR Blades/wedges TM Ghøst Putter.

I don't hate anyone they just seem arrogant or just get on my nerves for various reasons.

Sergio

Zach Johnson

Johnny Miller, and I know he's not actually playing anymore but he is a very annoying golf analyst.

I don't really care for DL3. The guy just bothers me with his little rich boy uppity attitude. Plus he walks like he has a stick up his butt or something. He has never really done anything except for one PGA (argueably the weakest major). A major underacheiver who seems to dominate at Harbour Town (the week after the Masters). Something about the guy that just irritates me.

Same here. And I don't like his face. Its stupid.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by saturday

Same here. And I don't like his face. Its stupid.

I couldn't agree more. DL-1/3d is a bore.

Note: This thread is 3925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!