IGNORED

Left- vs. Right-Handed Driver Adapter

Note: This thread is 751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I had purchased my driver a few years back, it came with a "regular" flex shaft and it was not fitted (I didn't know better back then).

Over the course of time my swing-speed seems to have increased by a bit too much for the shaft (and add in some bad strikes over the years) and eventually my driver shaft snapped a little while ago. Not a big issue, as I just went on ebay and managed to get the same type of shaft, just in stiff, that already included the Mizuno adapter for my driver head.

Something that I did not notice prior to the purchase was that the adapter on the purchased shaft was a left-handed adapter instead of a right handed one. While the head fits perfectly, of course the angles are then completely off in regards to their markings.

While I have found a setting (by trial and error) that seems to fit me, I wondered if there was any possibility to figure out what exact angle I am using now?

So basically is there a way to say "8.5 degrees on LH equals to 11.5 degree up on the RH adapter" or similar?

Or would it be best to just go to a fitter and have them swap out the adapters (I still have the broken shaft with the RH adapter)?

cheers Chris

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, cdh79 said:

When I had purchased my driver a few years back, it came with a "regular" flex shaft and it was not fitted (I didn't know better back then).

Over the course of time my swing-speed seems to have increased by a bit too much for the shaft (and add in some bad strikes over the years) and eventually my driver shaft snapped a little while ago. Not a big issue, as I just went on ebay and managed to get the same type of shaft, just in stiff, that already included the Mizuno adapter for my driver head.

Something that I did not notice prior to the purchase was that the adapter on the purchased shaft was a left-handed adapter instead of a right handed one. While the head fits perfectly, of course the angles are then completely off in regards to their markings.

While I have found a setting (by trial and error) that seems to fit me, I wondered if there was any possibility to figure out what exact angle I am using now?

So basically is there a way to say "8.5 degrees on LH equals to 11.5 degree up on the RH adapter" or similar?

Or would it be best to just go to a fitter and have them swap out the adapters (I still have the broken shaft with the RH adapter)?

Goede vraag, Jonge.

While I don't actually know the answer. I'm sure somebody here will be able to tell us for sure. 

Here's my guess. I would assume the lie angle would be the same, but the loft would be the opposite. So, one degree up would really be one degree down; One degree down would be one degree up and so forth. The standard setting would still be the standard setting, however. Meanwhile the draw setting would still be the draw setting and the neutral setting still the neutral setting as those lie angels would still be the same no matter which side of the ball you stand on. That's what seems to make sense in my head. There are club fitters on this site who can probably tell you for sure. @Adam C is probably the guy to ask.

Veel geluk, Jonge.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Left- vs. Right-Handed Driver Adapter
5 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Goede vraag, Jonge.

While I don't actually know the answer. I'm sure somebody here will be able to tell us for sure. 

Here's my guess. I would assume the lie angle would be the same, but the loft would be the opposite. So, one degree up would really be one degree down; One degree down would be one degree up and so forth. The standard setting would still be the standard setting, however. Meanwhile the draw setting would still be the draw setting and the neutral setting still the neutral setting as those lie angels would still be the same no matter which side of the ball you stand on. That's what seems to make sense in my head. There are club fitters on this site who can probably tell you for sure. @Adam C is probably the guy to ask.

Veel geluk, Jonge.

Yup. You've got it right. Lie is lie, no change there. Loft you just need to reverse in your head so higher is lower and vise versa. Mizuno uses a 2 degree sleeve essentially, so lowest loft setting on a 9.5 degree head will be 11.5 etc etc.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Note: This thread is 751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!