IGNORED

Who do you WANT to win the Masters?

The Gill
Note: This thread is 5869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Jim Furyk. Great Guy, solid player, and you gotta love the swing

In My Bag:
Driver-G10 10.5 pro launch blue
3 wood-Burner TP 14.5
2i-hibore hybrid 19 stiff
irons-J33bWedges-:54 vokeyFEEL wedge company 60putter- white hot xg #1ball-pro v1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger by one or two, I really just want a good final round shootout
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Phil, cos he's a gntleman, or Gary Player. Just anyone but the Tiger cub- his dominance is not good for the game.

Tiger's dominance of the game is so good for golf! Here's a short list:

-emphasis on fitness -huge increase in prize $$ -recognizable face of golf -Gilette commercials, HELLO! I want him to win. BUT if not Tiger I hope for someone younger than 30 or older than 44.

Zach Johnson of course. He's not looking too bad so far either.

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

My first thought was Ben Crenshaw because he's always been my favorite golfer. He truly has a passion for the game of golf. But of the players of today's tour, I would like to see Steve Stricker win. I like his demeanor.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

gfunk-13, i would have to question whether Tiger's dominance is actually good for the game. As good as TW is, i don't think that winning event after event is good for golf.

I believe that it creates the Sampras Effect- people know what's going to happen because the main contender is consistently so much better than his opponents as TW has no real rivals to challenge him on a regular basis. Whenever TW does not win, there is an international inquiry in to it, and for many of us golf fans, it is a real turn off and some of us tune out.

I use Sampras because Federer has many challengers now in Roddick, Nadal, Djokovic, Davydenko et cetera. Similarly, TW in his sport, golf, has no one who is really at his level.

Many of us want to see competition, thrills and spills and controversy not just another parade.

I'd love to see Romero win it, after his 'so close yet..' I met him in a pub in Carnoustie after his round, still in his red addias top and brown golfing slacks - He was quite tipsy to say the least and his caddy with a green Guinness Hat on, both great friendly people.He didn't speak much English but his Caddy did and they were very nice to smile for a photo and have a drink with us

If not Romero, I'd go for Casey (seems a good guy off the course), The Goose, Kelly or Adam Scott.

It would be cool to see Zach repeat. No doubt.

If not that then someone like Romero that is just waiting for a tournament like this to make a name for themselves. Romero would be cool because I don't know if he grew up buying into all of the hype that goes with the Masters.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Fred Couples (but his score card looks like bad back time again).

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I am not agianist anyone winning.

I just think Tiger should win the Masters and complete the season grand slam,
then beat Jack's majors record, then we can get back to normal.

Just a thought.

BTW, these are just the rambling toughts of an aging golfer.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

gfunk-13, i would have to question whether Tiger's dominance is actually good for the game. As good as TW is, i don't think that winning event after event is good for golf.

Found this comical, Tiger has played 4 out of 16 events so that leaves plenty of events for the Brian Gays, Johnson Wagners, DJ Trahans, and Greg Krafts to win. Personally I didn't watch any of these events and I would bet that the numbers for these events were significantly lower than when Tiger is playing. Good TV numbers are GOOD for golf. I see people all the time who don't play or watch golf, but will when Tiger is playing. The prize money is through the roof now compaired to the pre-Tiger era, which probably every Tour pro would say is GOOD for golf. Tiger is rewriting golf history and there is a huge following of people that think this is great for golf. He has also raised the bar for competition on Tour now the guys have to work harder than ever if they want to win, which is another thing that is good for golf. Federer and Sampras are equally comparable, they both dominated thier sport and only had a handful of guys that could challenge them from time to time.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I'm always in favor of a young guy winning it for the first time. For example Zack Johnson was pretty cool. That being said, I would like to see Justin Rose finally win this thing. Or Luke Donald. If and older guy has to win though I wouldn't mind seeing Ernie or Goosen. Especially Ernie. He's paid his dues and I would like to see him finally get that jacket.

Hi-Bore XLS Tour Driver
Steelhead III: 3 Wood
Bobby Jones Jesse Ortiz Hybrid
i3+: 3-9 Irons
Vokey Black Nickel: PW, 52, 56, 60 Bettinardi A-02 Putter NXT Tour

Stewart Cink. He's from Ga and carries himself well on and off the course. Snedeker would be a young gun I would pull for. Course Im a Phil fan first.

Snedeker would be cool too. I like his style. I don't know what that really means but I dig the guy.

Hi-Bore XLS Tour Driver
Steelhead III: 3 Wood
Bobby Jones Jesse Ortiz Hybrid
i3+: 3-9 Irons
Vokey Black Nickel: PW, 52, 56, 60 Bettinardi A-02 Putter NXT Tour

Update Immelman is 7 under in round 2...steve flesch just shot 67 in round 2 as well and is in the clubhouse at 5 under

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

• Administrator
Update Immelman is 7 under in round 2...steve flesch just shot 67 in round 2 as well and is in the clubhouse at 5 under

I thought you'd agreed to leave. Why are you back now? We didn't even get a full 24 hours without you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!