IGNORED

What do YOU think of ESPN Masters coverage?

g-funk13
Note: This thread is 5890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Jim Nantz is boring and is making Nick Faldo seem boring as well. I can'r stand the light background music as well. So obvious and dull. I do appreciate that they've run the coverage back to back today. I was more than a bit put off that they didn't yesterday. When is ESPN's contract over?

Yearly. This is their first year. They've probably done a better job than USA.

Lucky for me, I have AT&T; Uverse TV.

That's online and on DirecTV too, you know... And online you can get the "Interview" channel as well as Masters Extra as well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Today's coverage was on CBS, and I have to say I think it stinks. You have Mickelson who is very much in contention, and Goosen who is making birdies to move up the leadboard. They show Mickelson for a few shots off and on (more often saying he did something that they are not going to show us), and only mentioned Goosen at the opening of the telecast. What do they waste time showing?! Every second of Woods picking his nose. What awful coverage decisions by CBS.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

Today's coverage was on CBS, and I have to say I think it stinks. You have Mickelson who is very much in contention, and Goosen who is making birdies to move up the leadboard. They show Mickelson for a few shots off and on (more often saying he did something that they are not going to show us), and only mentioned Goosen at the opening of the telecast. What do they waste time showing?! Every second of Woods picking his nose. What awful coverage decisions by CBS.

This is nothing new. Woods is a polarizing figure, more so by leaps and bounds over Goosen. I have seen plenty of airtime for Immelman, Snedeker, Casey, Mickelson, etc. I feel the expectation is Woods will make a grand charge, or at least close the gap for an exciting Sunday.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
This is nothing new. Woods is a polarizing figure, more so by leaps and bounds over Goosen. I have seen plenty of airtime for Immelman, Snedeker, Casey, Mickelson, etc. I feel the expectation is Woods will make a grand charge, or at least close the gap for an exciting Sunday.

And he is. I agree - we're seeing other players (including Phil) as well. Tiger started the day only T13, so if they show 10-15 players, he's gonna be one of them. He's had a lot of opportunities as well, and is moving up the board. Woods has won here four times, after all - he knows a thing or two about playing this course.

But yeah, I agree and think they're showing plenty of the other players.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Already mentioned this on another thread, but I loved the ambient noise (the birds chirping, sligh wind gusts, etc) ESPN's crew picked up compared to CBS...made me feel like I was there :)

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I actually loved the coverage. They could have used a some Johnny Miller in there, but the camera work was superb.

I prefered the CBS coverage though. The 3d view of the holes and shot shape camera angles were fun to see. Overall both networkds did a great job.

Note: This thread is 5890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!