IGNORED

How to make PGA pros have more fun on the course?

under_par
Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why is it that golf pros both on PGA and LPGA seems so proper and polite? Wy can't golf be more like happy gilmore? I think the pros need to have more fun and get the crowd involve more. examples:
- talk more smack on the course with each other.
- throw T-shirts, balls, etc. in the crowd each time they make a birddie or eagle.
- Wear shorts? How come I never seen a PGA event where they never wear shorts and it could be 120 outside?
- of there is an event on Holloween then they should dress up and play.

What are some ideas you guys can think of?

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!
Life is too short not to tried everything out there

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

Why is it that golf pros both on PGA and LPGA seems so proper and polite? Wy can't golf be more like happy gilmore? I think the pros need to have more fun and get the crowd involve more. examples:

The game has a history of being proper and polite and many PGA and LPGA pros have respect for the people who came before them and made it possible for them to do what they do for a living. Some players do taunt each other but it is not with in ear shot of the fans most of the time. Players like Phil Mickelson do give golf balls to young kids after they make birdies and eages (as long as they have more golf balls in their bag to continue playing with). Shorts are not allowed on the PGA Tour.

Golf has a history and legacy. If you want disrespectful, rude, and violent competition go to a boxing match or an (american) football game. Golf doesn't need to attract people who are rude and lack respect for the game and the people that play it. When you're playing I'm sure you want to play to the best of your ability, and in an effort to do that you want to focus and concentrate. If someone is being noisy, and disrespectful while you are trying to focus I'm sure you will not have an enjoyable time worth remembering. Its bad enough that there are idiots out there yelling things like "GO IN THE HOLE!" and "You DA Man!".

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

• Administrator
Why is it that golf pros both on PGA and LPGA seems so proper and polite?

Quite honestly, I think more than any other reason, the biggest reason is this:

Their sports psychologists don't tell them to yak it up, goof off, and have a little fun, so they don't. Frankly, it's one of the reasons I like Tiger Woods. You know when he's excited. You know when he's angry. Some other tour pros - you can't tell if they're gunning for 59 or barely breaking 80. Aside from the rare moments, you never see them get excited for doing something nifty like holing an 80 foot putt for eagle. It's obnoxious. The first guy who can tastefully show some flair and has a little game will get a ton of fans, a ton of TV time, and thus get some lucrative endorsement deals. If someone wants to try that advice out and it works, send a 15% agent's cut to me care of The Sand Trap. Email me for the address.
- Wear shorts? How come I never seen a PGA event where they never wear shorts and it could be 120 outside?

I don't have a problem with that rule. (It's a PGA Tour rule/policy - no shorts.)

- of there is an event on Holloween then they should dress up and play.

PGA Tour season ends earlier than that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I totally agree with Avid Golfer- golf is a gentlemans game..thats why its attractive to people and remains special. If you want to be rude, uncouth or scruffy, play something else at weekends. You have to respect the traditions and customs of the game.

If I spelled out my plan it would be deleted.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!