IGNORED

Did Tiger "throw" the Masters?

SubPar
Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It just proves what everyone should have figured out by now he's only human and can have a bad couple of days just like you and I.The media has him so high on a pedastile when he dont win we get threads just like this one,the only thing I did not like about the outcome of the tournament is an AMERICAN did'nt win it,not prejudice just patriotic........just shows you that there are good golfers all over the world huh.

Did you saw him "crawl" out of the bunker like a old man on the i think 2nd last par 3 on sunday where he missed another one of these short puts?

Yes, I did and remarked to my wife that he looked as if all was not well.

But throw the Masters? Don't be daft. It's THE tournament he most wants to win. And he's been talking so much about the 'perfect season' and the Grand Slam. No, he didn't throw it - the idea is absurd. His putting has not been up to his normal standards this year - remember his display in the Accenture 1st round? It was appalling. I don;t know if he's changed his putting stroke but it strikes me that he's gone to an 'opening and closing door' style - and I don't care how good you are, that isn't going to be as reliable as straight-back-straight-through. It may be he's always done the door thing but I don't recall having seen it before. But I wonder if he is unwell?

........just shows you that there are good golfers all over the world huh.

Pleased you've noticed, and no sarcasm intended.

But if in doubt - just have a look at the top 50 of the OGWR and the higher reaches of the PGA moneylist. Immelman's Masters victory has pitched him up to the top of the European Order of Merit (yes, he's a European Tour player...) as well as to 13th on the TOUR rankings.

I really dont think that this is a satisfing ambition for him to be "better than one guy" especially when the field passed him downwards and not the other way round him climbing the leader board up.

The field didn't pass him downwards anymore than he failed to climb it. In a major, especially on a day when almost no one shot under par, staying at or around par

is climbing up the leaderboard. What if he won a major without breaking par for a round, the way Geoff Ogilvy did in 2006?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would like to officially go on record to say that this is THE dumbest post I have ever seen in my life. That's all I have.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Tiger is alot of things in golf, but the Masters and the meaning behind it will forever be bigger than Tiger Woods. He would win this tourney every single chance he got. Even the idea that this is a possibility is crazy. And yes he looked questionable while crawling out of the bunker, most do while walking up a steep bunker bank....

Also, Nike made Tiger Woods. Last I checked he did not make Nike...

. And yes he looked questionable while crawling out of the bunker, most do while walking up a steep bunker bank....

Fair point: I need crampons, a rope and a pal to pull me out.

But it wasn't just while clambering out of the bunker. There was a stiffness about him for much of the round - the earlier part, especially. Or so it seemed to me. Regarding Nike - it was known for running shoes before Tiger. If they'd come to the market with a range of clubs and balls, it would have taken them a long time to get established ahead of Callaway, Taylor Made, Mizuno, Wilson, MacGregor, even Cobra. So I suggest the point is moot as to who made whom.

who ever started this is a idiot why would he play so well in sub tournaments well not sub but jsut normal tournaments on the tour but whent he 1st major comes and prob the favourite major he would just throw it give me break ur an idiot he also said his main goals are the majors.

he's human, he has bad rounds every now and then. and if tiger does win the next 4 majors, there is always will be people staking their claim at beating tiger, it is such a great game that there will always be passionate people wanting to play and be the first to beat him. e.g. me(but there is a fair chance this won't happen)

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I had one of those odd conspiratorial thoughts this morning... did the PGA beg Tiger the throw the Masters? "Look, it hurts the game if you win them all!" Did anyone see Elin at the course... maybe they had her in a warehouse somewhere threatening to cut off a finger if he wins.

This is exactly what folks suggested when he came 5th at the WGC at Doral:

"oh, he lost it on purpose so he can relive all the pressure and focus on The Masters / Majors". I'm afraid it (and moreso, Woods' mentality) doesn't work like that.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I frankly hate to provide this post with any credibility by responding, however, I will say this: to suggest that anyone would cheat or lie about their performance ( and that is what the word "throw" suggests ), is to question that person's character and integrity. Calling into question whether or not somebody cheated or subverted even the spirit of a game in which honesty is so tightly woven into its fabric is not something one should do lightly or in jest or for general entertainment.

Further, to defame someone's character on mere speculation in the form of the written word is nothing short of libel. I find such action repugnant.

I have seen no evidence, nor has the individual that started this thread offered any proof, that Tiger Woods has ever, or in the instance of the Masters Tournament, even contemplated the act of not playing to the best of his abilities.

This type of idle speculation is something I find genuinely
offensive, inconsiderate and small minded.

On the basis that the title and spirit of this thread constitutes libel, I would respectfully suggest to Erik that this thread be closed. This thread is beneath the general quality of what one finds on this website.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!