IGNORED

Did Tiger "throw" the Masters?

SubPar
Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had one of those odd conspiratorial thoughts this morning... did the PGA beg Tiger the throw the Masters? "Look, it hurts the game if you win them all!" Did anyone see Elin at the course... maybe they had her in a warehouse somewhere threatening to cut off a finger if he wins.

I don't think it is possible, but he could not have looked more like a boxer laying down in the 10th round. Like the Navaho in the soutwest... when you take a man's sheep, leave him enough males and females the rebuild his flock... so you can raid them again. If you take them all, there won't be any for you in the future.

The situation was tailor made for a Woods comeback on Sunday. The field was coming back to him. Even with all the problems he had with ball striking and putting last week, you would not expect him to miss three short putts on Sunday at Augusta. Those three putts, plus the three putt, cost him another major.

When was the last time Woods played four rounds anywhere without at least one 66 or 67? If he had not shot 71 on Friday he would have had three even par rounds!

What accounts for his lack of Tiger-like focus?

SubPar

I think thats kinda ridiculous..I didnt watch the entire final round but even if Woods did take advantage of the oppertunities he did have, he still wouldnt have beat Immelman. He controled that tournament from beginning to end.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• Administrator
I had one of those odd conspiratorial thoughts this morning... did the PGA beg Tiger the throw the Masters?

The PGA is the Professional Golfers Association. The PGA Tour is something else entirely. Also, neither has much standing at Augusta National.

That being said, I think your thought is outlandish, and even this small amount of discussion gives your "thought" more credit than it's worth.
When was the last time Woods played four rounds anywhere without at least one 66 or 67? If he had not shot 71 on Friday he would have had three even par rounds!

Tiger shot 68 on Saturday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think thats kinda ridiculous..I didnt watch the entire final round but even if Woods did take advantage of the oppertunities he did have, he still wouldnt have beat Immelman. He controled that tournament from beginning to end.

A guy who regularly makes 15-25 footers on the 72nd hole to win, misses several 4-5 foot putts on Sunday at a major?

If Tiger had made two of those putts, you think Immelman would have not felt a little pressure coming home? It would have changed everything. SubPar

This is why I can not stand Tiger fans. When he wins, he's "the greatest ever!". When he loses, his game was not on, and whoever won got lucky. Everyone missed short putts. Flesch? Sneadeker(spelling). If anything, TIGER got lucky to finish 2nd with the way he played. Sorry, Immelman crushed the competition the first three rounds. He shot a 75 on Sunday and still won by 3! Because he played great the first 3 days, he could take it easy and play conservatively on Sunday and walk (literally ) to his victory. Tiger had the worry in his eyes, not immelman. Tiger came into Sunday 6 strokes back from the leader, and in 5th. He did not win because he was not the best in the field, sorry.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

Did you saw him "crawl" out of the bunker like a old man on the i think 2nd last par 3 on sunday where he missed another one of these short puts?

He was mentally finished at this point - it wasnt much fun to watch him the whole week since there wasnt much success in what he was doing. And if this adds up over days and you never can break through that wall of frustration, it will get to you no matter how mentally though you are, and your game will suffer even more.

He did throw the masters indeed but simply by playing not tiger like (for whatever reasons there might be) - he had the chances, he blew them, and as he played he really didnt deserve to win it.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Did you saw him "crawl" out of the bunker like a old man on the i think 2nd last par 3 on sunday where he missed another one of these short puts?

I noticed that and thought it was a bit odd.

I just think it was missing putt after putt after putt that got to the him. He made pretty much nothing (except on 11) on Sunday. Personally I find it quite frustrating when I putt myself in birdie position time after time and come away empty. So no, I don't think he threw the master. Just had a bad putting day.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

it wasnt much fun to watch him the whole week since there wasnt much success in what he was doing.

Holy hell, guys! The man did better than everyone else, except for one guy!

In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

Holy hell, guys! The man did better than everyone else, except for one guy!

I really dont think that this is a satisfing ambition for him to be "better than one guy" especially when the field passed him downwards and not the other way round him climbing the leader board up.

How would you feel in his spot? I would be anything else than proud at this outcome..

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I'm not reading your original statement.
The title tells me enough.

IMHO, that's ridiculous.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

if it had been rigged phill mickelson would have won because the pga tour is allways trying to make a phill vs. tiger sittuation to keep intrest up.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

theres no way Tiger threw this for Trevor- i just think TW had a bad week. I don't think he'll win another major this year now.

what are u talking about tiger is deffinetly going to win atleast one major this year. i think that he will win the us open and the pga this year

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I'm not reading your original statement.

Congrats. You didn't read my comments and you still got the point. Unlike so many other people who are so quick to react or pass judgement, they miss the obvious.

It is not possible to believe he really laid it down. But we expect more from our Gods. I don't expect him to be weak or weary or unable to start his putts on-line . His lack of ability to mount a charge just made the final day lack the drama it could have had. Frankly, I don't care that he didn't win and it is probably better for the game that he did not. I just expected him to make it more interesting. SubPar

Simply put, laughable.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!