IGNORED

My Swing (Karlos)

Karlos

I've been Playing Golf for: Age of 10 through 18, now 29
My current handicap index or average score is: 6
My typical ball flight is: High and to the left of target
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Hitting too much ground

Hello! I have been playing Golf for a long time, up until I was 18yo. I then had quite a long break, and now, after 11 years of playing very seldom (once or twice a year), I would like to get into a better shape and technique again.

For now, my main issue is very poor contact (hitting a lot into the ground, not specifically before the ball). I also noticed that my divot marks point slightly to the left of the target, indicating an outside-to-inside swing? Anyway, right now I feel quite uncomfortable hitting the ball (uncertainty in my swing), but I expect it to get better with more practice. As of now, I don't have a "typical ball flight".

Here are some videos of me hitting DTL (5 swings) and Face on (4 swings), all slow-motion.

Videos: 

Any ideas/improvements regarding my swing/technique are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Karlos

• Like 1

For the down the line video, have the camera line up closer to your toe line. It’s easier to see the difference club positions with the camera aimed along that line.

• Informative 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Your elbow goes behind you when you rotate your shoulder very internally in transition.

It's not bad at the top and then you just twist it down/in.

01.jpg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It’s a good-looking swing; listen to the TST guys here, they are wonderful.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Your elbow goes behind you when you rotate your shoulder very internally in transition.

It's not bad at the top and then you just twist it down/in.

01.jpg

Thanks for the analysis! So if I understand correctly, you mean that my right elbow during downswing goes too much to the inside (left) and I should keep it more down/together? Similar to this position? 
image.png.3bcd0f8c3d7df7dcb3018f85d01d243a.png

6 hours ago, Karlos said:

Thanks for the analysis! So if I understand correctly, you mean that my right elbow during downswing goes too much to the inside (left) and I should keep it more down/together? Similar to this position? 

01.jpg

With the image on the left. Imagine your hands more directly above your right shoulder, instead of to the left of your right shoulder. In that image, your left arm would not be covering your right shoulder. Keep the hands more out in front of your chest. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

You move your right arm like you're putting a trash can lid on. You don't have to move your shoulder externally in the transition/downswing, but you generally can't move it too much internally.

Shoulder-Mobility-Assessment.jpg

• Informative 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! So I have been away for a few days, but as soon as I came back, I wanted to try and utilize all the suggestions here.

I was mostly focusing on my right arm (elbow) and the camera angle should be a little bit better for the DTL sequence. When analyzing the videos myself, I can see a little bit of improvement (at least I hope so lol) with the thing said, but again I am not quite 100% sure I understood what should I focus on exactly (meaning, the feeling, or exact movement of some body part to focus on).

For the shots, I was mostly hitting pushes, sometimes draw/pull. The shots were quite low compared to the usual.

Here are the videos:

DTL:

Head On:

Thanks for your time!
Karlos

• Administrator

Cool if you want to use this to document your progress, but if you want help… post in other forums and in other topics, please.

Generally speaking, members (and myself) are more than happy to help… people they know a bit better because they see them posting, replying, commenting outside of their own Member Swing topic.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Cool if you want to use this to document your progress, but if you want help… post in other forums and in other topics, please.

Yeah, I understand the rules. As I said I was away for a few days and this was the first thing I did when I got back - I was really looking forward to getting back to you guys 🙂

• Administrator
Just now, Karlos said:

Yeah, I understand the rules. As I said I was away for a few days and this was the first thing I did when I got back - I was really looking forward to getting back to you guys 🙂

Yeah, I know. Not an issue at all, yet.

Your right forearm still goes from vertical to horizontal too much (internal rotation) in transition.

You probably won't fix it by just making it go "external."