IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was sorry to see Courtney go too (from a viewer ship point...for obvious reasons) but I really don't think she's that good. Reason being, I'm sick of hearing about "Kevin" (husband/caddie). My God...you can't line up a putt on your own? I remember hearing her make that comment in a previous episode. You don't know what club to hit or how to play a shot?

Amen. She said, "I could have really used Kevin's help." Is Kevin is going to tell you not to chunk it and leave it 70 yards short? Would the outcome really have been any different? No. Either you can make solid contact, or you can't. No caddie is going to change that.

I am kinda glad Courtney is gone. She's nice enough, but it would suck if someone like her won this thing because I don't think she'd do much damage on any tour. As for her looks, I think the huge, fake boobs thing is about a decade late; but whatever floats your boat.... I'd like to see Kim, Lori, and Christina battle it out in a 36 hole, two day, stroke play competition on the Royal course one day, and the Kai course the next for all the marbles. That's the only way I see to help ensure that the best player wins.

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 Tour 9.5*; Grafalloy PL Red
FW Wood: X 17*; Stock shaft
Hybrid: X 21*; Fujikura BanzaiIrons: X-18 Pro Series; S300Wedges: X forged 56* & 60*balls; tees; like $20 in change; chapstick; bugspray; a bunch of wrappers and such.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen. She said, "I could have really used Kevin's help." Is Kevin is going to tell you not to chunk it and leave it 70 yards short? Would the outcome really have been any different? No. Either you can make solid contact, or you can't. No caddie is going to change that.

I can't remember who hit the shot, but it was a 100 yard shot and she knocked it pretty close and Stina said to the effect "wow, she doesn't have much experience, she should be afraid to hit that shot!"

I love the Big Break and part of it is because it can be ridiculous, but if any golfer is afraid to hit a 100 yard shot then they are just not meant to play golf for a living. 3JACK

As for her looks, I think the huge, fake boobs thing is about a decade late; but whatever floats your boat....

Fake boobs??? Even with a bra, those things were almost hanging down to her waist line. She's be a good cover girl for National Geographic though.

I can't remember who hit the shot, but it was a 100 yard shot and she knocked it pretty close and Stina said to the effect "wow, she doesn't have much experience, she should be afraid to hit that shot!"

100 yds is an arkward distance for a lot of players though, me included. Its not quite a 56, but my 52 is too much and i end up having to choke it or massage it in some way. Id almost rather hit a full 100 yd shot from the rough than the fairway. I would imagine it is magnified for professionals, it must be just like a delicate pitch shot to them..

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

it sucks that courtney is gone. i think susan is the weakest player there. i know her short game is strong but i dont think she is better than courtney.

I think Susan is one of the strongest remaining contestants. Most of the elimination challenges have been a pathetic display of the inability of the ladies to get up and down...so her short game skills put her at an automatic advantage in those. Also, her full swing looks really sound and she is able to consistently repeat it.

That is what did Courtney in - under pressure she just couldn't perform with that swing of hers. As someone already said in this thread, her extreme inside takeaway is really hard to compensate for in the short game. I struggled with that for a while and it is a really inconsistent way to play golf.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I love Christina! I hope either she or Susan wins!

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

Courtney probably uses that severe inside takeaway to not bump into her...huge...tracts of land. But yes, it is difficult to cut a looped swing short which explains her problems from 100 in.

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

Fake boobs??? Even with a bra, those things were almost hanging down to her waist line. She's be a good cover girl for National Geographic though.

OK, bad fake boobs then. I could be wrong, but I've never seen ones like that on a rail thin girl unless she had a little "help".

In the Bag:

Hybrid: X 21*; Fujikura BanzaiIrons: X-18 Pro Series; S300Wedges: X forged 56* & 60*balls; tees; like $20 in change; chapstick; bugspray; a bunch of wrappers and such.

OK, bad fake boobs then. I could be wrong, but I've never seen ones like that on a rail thin girl unless she had a little "help".

I have. A girl I knew in college was about 5'5 110 pds and had a DD cup size. It is possible my friend...god have mercy...

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

what night is this on? I keep forgetting and have missed the past 4 weeks.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

Ok, let's say they are real. They still look ridiculous, and she still makes me want to scream at her childhood teachers when she opens her mouth.

In the Bag:

It definetly seems like a lot of fun to play in some of the challenges, particularly the breaking glass challenge!

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

It was a shame two of the most..."Talented" girls were in the elimination challenge. I think they are real....No idea how she swings around those whoppers. She did quite well, all things considered.

Glad Sam made it, my favorite, ...along with that little firecracker Christina.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

100 yds is an arkward distance for a lot of players though, me included. Its not quite a 56, but my 52 is too much and i end up having to choke it or massage it in some way. Id almost rather hit a full 100 yd shot from the rough than the fairway. I would imagine it is magnified for professionals, it must be just like a delicate pitch shot to them..

Bah.

It's not like it was into a green covered with bunkers and water along with a shallow green. If you want to play on a tour, that should be pretty much a shot that comes second nature to the player. I'm not saying that they should automatically knock it stiff, but if you want to play on either the LPGA or PGA tour, you should hit a reasonably decent shot. 3JACK

As for her looks, I think the huge, fake boobs thing is about a decade late; but whatever floats your boat....

I have. A girl I knew in college was about 5'5 110 pds and had a DD cup size. It is possible my friend...god have mercy...

I dont think they are fake, who knows though. It was just a matter of time until she got the boot. Not surprising.

Ok, let's say they are real. They still look ridiculous, and she still makes me want to scream at her childhood teachers when she opens her mouth.

This is a golf forum, guys... don't want to sound ornery, and certainly am not opposed to what you are saying, but let's try to stay on topic...

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Note: This thread is 5726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!