IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

oh come on kim won fair and square i could see if she won by a fluke of lucky shot she won by 3 up..... sophie had her chance but couldent take the pressure...... the better woman won and i dig it...... i would let kim beat my ass all over the fairway and not be ashamed at all

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh come on kim won fair and square i could see if she won by a fluke of lucky shot she won by 3 up..... sophie had her chance but couldent take the pressure...... the better woman won and i dig it...... i would let kim beat my ass all over the fairway and not be ashamed at all

Uhhh, I don't think he was saying that Kim didn't win "fair and square" or that it was a fluke.

More evidence that length is intimidating in match play. Sophie could have relaxed in a full field and not really cared if Kim was blasting it by her by those distances. But head to head it's too much mental wear and tear, and extremely difficult to avoid errors when the opposition has fundamental advantage hole after hole.

It reminds me of the old match races in horse racing, when trainers knew stretch runners had no chance given the way the race would unfold, and they had to emphasize speed going into those races.

I have no idea why the American Ryder Cup captains haven't stacked the field with bombers with their captain's picks. You're almost guaranteed a few cheap holes and that's massive. We saw it with J.B. Holmes against Tiger this year.

wasent implying that he was

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

Well it's all over, and Stina never learned how to pronounce "Ka'anapali".

Although that never annoyed me quite as much as Lori did, it was a damn close second.

Bill

Well it's all over, and Stina never learned how to pronounce "Ka'anapali".

Everytime I heard her [try] to say it I was like, C'mon, Magee can get it right, why can't you?!

I thought for sure that Sophie was going to win. But am very happy for Kim that she won!

My chix stix:

R7 Burner
Burner Woods and Hybrids
R7 CGB Max IronsKoa Wood

I felt that two very good players made it to the finals (one with distance, the other with accuracy, both without chips on their shoulders or massive egos) and it was easy to cheer for both of them.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

That was by far the worst episode, had to fight to stay awake.

Let's see, Kim has been putting those greens for how many weeks now?

Have fun with a bottom 5 finish in the LPGA event.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I was on vacation last week when Lori choked like a big dog but watched both shows last night. I am so glad it turned out to be Sophie and Kim. Kim just came on big time the last three shows. Sophie's short game was her only hope and it just wasn't there. Oh well, maybe she will do a nude calendar next.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

I was surprised at how poorly they did on and around the greens. Lots of missed opportunities. Also, I was dissapointed they broadcasted so few of the holes -- it's not like theres any other important programing they would be cutting off if they ran a longer episode for the finale. I would have enjoyed watching Kim on all 18! Anyone else raise an eyebrow when Sophie said something like, "there's no strategy in golf"?

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

I am hoping Kim gets an endorsement deal so that she has to wear a hat and get rid of those obnoxious head bands.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I just watched the finale on Tivo. Was fun to watch. I've not read all 58 pages of this thread yet, but has it bothered anyone else how they shamelessly plug skycaddie?

I love how Stina and the other guy will be standing nowhere near the players, then they look at the skycaddie in their hands and say "SkyCaddie says 135 yards to the green".

I'm no expert, but I don't think thats the way it works.

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

Not a well played match. It was obvious Kim would win as she was always smiling when they interviewed her through out the show. I can't see her doing much with her one exemption or the futures tour.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Not a well played match. It was obvious Kim would win as she was always smiling when they interviewed her through out the show. I can't see her doing much with her one exemption or the futures tour.

Its one exemption to a LPGA event and all entry fees waived to the '09 futures Tour.

ps: my bad, i read that slightly wrong - but that sure is a lot of chance to put something together I would hope

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I was just disappointed that they cut away right as Sophie was stripping her sweater off.

I hear that man. That was not cool

What's in my Datrek MSU Dawgs bag -

Driver - Predator Ti 9.5* Stiff
3 Wood - Predator Ti
5 Wood - Predator TiHybrids - 3DX DC Ironwood 18*/21*Irons - 3DX Red ComboWedges - 588 49*, Raw 56*Putter - Rossa Classic Imola 8Ball - Gamer

I can't see her doing much with her one exemption or the futures tour.

She's been doing quite well on the futures tour... #10 on their money list last week.

She's been doing quite well on the futures tour... #10 on their money list last week.

Thats surprising. She didn't look that impressive to me other than her long drives and nice legs.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Note: This thread is 5709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!