IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Easy on Lori. Rember that TV adds like 100 lbs...Oh wait it's 10 pounds. Cookies and pies add the other 90. What a bitch. I was hoping she would choke in the imunity challenge. Unfortunately that would have put Christina in the elimination challenge too. I keep trying to morph Christina's looks with Courtney's assets.

How clutch was Susan in the challenges. That wedge she hit on the first one was stiff and her drive that got them immunity was perfect. I was a little surprised, but she has some game. As long as she doesn't talk she is fine.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or are Anthony (from last season) and Lori related? They both have the same attitude problems and they even kind of look alike. They both had that "I can't believe I'm in the elimination challenge when I'm this good" attitude.

I agree, Christina & Lori seem to take everything to heart and wear their emotions on their sleeves.......look for an entertaining series from them 2......and by the way, Tina is hot....that pink outfit on her was....

• Administrator
Yeah concerning the human Weeble Wobble I about cracked up when she chunked her 8 iron on the pressure shot, especially how she's been spouting off on how she's the best there.

Indeed - I found that to be good turn-around. And she missed it, too - she wrote it off as if it "happens," but she's the first to jump on everyone else when they screw up.

Sorry, but from 120 yards, she was 40 yards short. That's pathetic.
On another girl: is it just me or is Liz like the reverse of Natalie Gulbis? By that I mean Liz does nothing for me looks wise when she's on the course, but in her interviews she's hot as can be. Gulbis is the exact opposite; she looks much better in golf attire.

Agreed... but I like how she looks just fine in golf attire too. I think she's got a chance to go far - she has some credentials and seems to have a pretty level head.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey whats up with the gypsi girl? Doesn't that long hair thing distract her when swinging?

yep...she has got a few screws loose...obvioulsy self confidence issues, can't make the big time, so lets just have some weird hair stuff going on to be a "rebel"....conforming to non-conformity.

She can leave the show ASAP. Now if the one with the big hands gets kicked off....my interest will wain, but I will still watch.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I'm watching it. I like Samantha cause she seems so nice and innocent. She also has that cute British accent. I absolutly hate Lori and Adrianne. They both think they are to good for they show and kinda bitter and bitchy. It's really funny watching Lori walk.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

I find myself liking about half the people on this one.

I'd like to see how far Cirbie makes it.

But I'd like to see either Kim or Susan win it. (The former, as she'd have a good chance of making it on tour because of being able to hit a long ball, and the latter, if only because I'm a fan. )

I hate Lori. I think we all do.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I wanted to like Lori, because she is from my hometown. However, she made that impossible by opening up her mouth.

Liz gets my vote for contestant who I would most like to be paired with.

Can't lie - I am hooked. It is fun to watch people in a high stress situation try to cope and play golf at the same time.

Samantha Head is a refreshing addition... I hope she does well but her confidence seems to waver at times.

Samantha should read children's books-on-tape. I could listen to that voice all day long.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

I love this show. I bought the dvd release of an older series last year and ran through it in a weekend, was totally hooked.

1. I love seeing the player's have to hit shots under pressure. It helps to give some perspective and alter expectations for myself on the course.
2. I love seeing what type of shots the players are making. It helps to give some ideas on what to practice.
3. I just love watching golf in general.

Also, I am slowly becomming a huge fan of women's golf. They are playing courses at 6500+ yards. They hit 7 irons 150. A straight 400 yd hole is a birdie opportunity for them. In other words, the ladies on the LPGA would be in the running for club champion at most courses.

And the drama, while I don't care about it much, keeps my girl interested when I'm watching.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

In other words, the ladies on the LPGA would be in the running for club champion at most courses.

are you serious? They would kick 95% of the club champs butts.

I personally think Lorena O. could be a top 100 on the PGA tour, she can knock it a good 280 plus, and is used to winning. In other words, I think she could keep a PGA tour card for many years.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Samantha should read children's books-on-tape. I could listen to that voice all day long.

LOL - You are so right with this one! I could listen to her forever.

In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I am trying to get my wife into watching it but she just cannot get into it. She didn't think the women were as hot as I did, no shocker there. She couldn't stand Lori and she did not think much of Courtney either.

Really, I think my wife just hates cleaning the drool marks on the screen the next day.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I am trying to get my wife into watching it but she just cannot get into it. She didn't think the women were as hot as I did, no shocker there. She couldn't stand Lori and she did not think much of Courtney either.

Perhaps the reason your wife doesn't like it... is that every time she looks over at you, you are staring wide-eyed and fantasy filled into the TV thinking about all these good looking young ladies. I remember watching the movie "The Break-up" with my wife... they show a good portion of Jennifer Aniston's assets as she walks from the shower... well I didn't see the look on my face, but I'm sure you could tell I was really oogling ... and that's when my wife grabbed the remote, hit pause and said "you have NEVER looked at me like THAT." Usually she doesn't really mind when I check out other women... but something about the look on my face in that instance . Maybe you have that same look while watching Big Break... drooling on the TV and all.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

are you serious? They would kick 95% of the club champs butts.

I totally agree with your first statement. But the 5%, they would be in the running (the occassional course with a phenominal amature in their ranks).

2 things I would love to see involving women's golf (but I know would never happen): 1. At some of the LPGA venues, pick a couple local courses at random and invite their club champions to compete. Watch the best players in the area get their asses handed to them by the ladies, would really change the way men think about women's golf. 2. I would love to see some LPGA players compete on the senior tour (not on the senior tour, but in some of the events). I don't know what the results would be, but I think it would be an interesting competition.

What's in the bag
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

• Administrator
2. I would love to see some LPGA players compete on the senior tour (not on the senior tour, but in some of the events). I don't know what the results would be, but I think it would be an interesting competition.

To be honest, I think the local club champs (in the scratch division) would fairly easily make the cut on LPGA events.

They'd never likely win or even necessarily "compete," but c'mon. The drop-off between the top players and the gals making the cut is huge. -8 might be the lead going into the weekend, but unlike on the PGA Tour where the cut comes at -1, the cut on the LPGA Tour usually seems to come at +6. My two home courses could host the LPGA Tour virtually any day of the week from mid-May to mid-September, and not even from the furthest back tees. The LPGA Tour doesn't exactly play the sternest tests in golf. They're shorter than most club champ courses, the pins are generally less tucked. The rough isn't exactly grown up to be nasty and thick. A guy's length alone on a 6400-yard course would give him a few shots in hand to play with each round against the field. Quite frankly, I think that if a scratch golfer had all the time to play that the LPGA ladies had to play, he'd earn a fairly good living on the LPGA Tour. He might not win anything, but he'd make almost every cut and probably finish 30th to 50th fairly consistently. He'd not only keep his LPGA Tour card, but do so comfortably. Compare that to the gap between the men on the PGA Tour versus a scratch golfer. The gap there is HUGE. The top gals on the LPGA Tour are great. The scratch golfer/club champ's ability to compete isn't just measured against them, though - it's measured against the other 120 gals in the field. And against a lot of them, I think he's got a very good chance.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Iacas, I think it would be very interesting to see how club champs on local courses would compare to the LPGA. The ladies are playing 6500-6800 yd courses, they aren't looking at 5700 yd executive courses, and they are dropping more birdies than bogeys at a decent pace.

You would have to play around even par at a decent length course to make the cut in an LPGA event. I'm not saying that a local club champ cannot do it, I think it would be very interesting to see how the competition would shake up.

What's in the bag

Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!