IGNORED

Z Factor - Best Training Aid Ever

Note: This thread is 5205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think I am more impressed that George Lopez has a 11 handicap.......saw it on the testimonial page....lol

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one of the dumbest things I've heard today. Admittedly, it's only 8:30am, but I think it'll hold up...

I figured you would attack me on this, without thinking about it throughly. A good putting stroke, is a repeatable one. You do not need to spend $300 dollars to create a repeatable putting stroke.

Also, distance control or lag is far more vital in golf, then line. It really hard to miss a flat putt 2 or more feet wide, but it is not hard to hit it two or more feet short, or long. Even if you can hit it straight every time, you still have to read the green.

"Eliminate All Compensations."

Bag: 2008 Warbird
Driver: R7 425 10.5 (s)
3 wood: R7 stIrons: RAC MB TP 2-PWWedges: SV 56*10, SV Black Satin 60*10Putter: Anser 4Balls: Black

iacus,

I am new here so forgive me. But your review seems more like an infomercial then a journalistic piece. Do you have a stake in this aid?

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

...just wouldn't feel right paying 300 for something that is actually so simple. Two bendable rails with magnets, and some numbers, I feel like I could rig something up like this with two metal clothes hangers and somehow attach a magnet to each...total cost being like $20 at best. I mean, to each his own...but $300 is definitely the wrong price range for this product.

Hi-Bore 9.5° w/ UST pro-force v2 Stiff
Halo 1i 16°
Halo 3i 22°
735.cm 4-PW
Vokey 52.8, Vokey Spin-Milled 56.10, 60.4 Sophia 32" or Studio Design 1 34"

...just wouldn't feel right paying 300 for something that is actually so simple. Two bendable rails with magnets, and some numbers, I feel like I could rig something up like this with two metal clothes hangers and somehow attach a magnet to each...total cost being like $20 at best. I mean, to each his own...but $300 is definitely the wrong price range for this product.

With all due respect, I'm not so sure it's that easy. Plus, I'll give credit to the designers of the product as it does look very professional. I would love to try one before I considered it.

In my bag:

2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

• Administrator
24 putts today . Yeah, the thing works.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 16, you hit your GIR, putted only once, yet shot a bogey?

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

• Administrator
Sorry, did not mean to upset you, but when you compare £50 to £150 ish (assumed cost at current exchange rates) then the £50 model that 'only' encourages a straight back and straight through putting stroke looks more inviting.

Okay, how about I sell you a hamburger for $5. It'll help your putting as much as that £50 device. Again, there's a reason almost nobody putts square-to-square.

I'm not upset. It costs less... and does a whole lot less, too.
Think of it this way, if Cameron or somebody came out with a $299 putter that gave you a perfectly repeatable putting stroke and shaved 2 strokes off every round instantly, they would fly off shelves. Why not something that does it with your current putter?

That's a good way to put it.

I figured you would attack me on this, without thinking about it throughly. A good putting stroke, is a repeatable one. You do not need to spend $300 dollars to create a repeatable putting stroke.

You weren't "attacked." This device will help you build a repeatable putting stroke. That's pretty much the stated purpose - to build a perfect putting stroke. A perfect one, I agree, is one that repeats.

Also, distance control or lag is far more vital in golf, then line.

I've yet to see a training aid that can help you get distance control. This doesn't do it, and nothing else does either. That's up to the golfer. Experience, practice, and a little bit of an innate sense of touch play a role there.

But I don't think it's "far more vital." If you mess up either, you're going to miss the putt. The margin of error on line, however, is incredibly small. My speed's always been pretty good. And again, you can't build a training aid for speed. But you can for line, and line is important just as speed is, and this training aid does the best possible.
It really hard to miss a flat putt 2 or more feet wide, but it is not hard to hit it two or more feet short, or long. Even if you can hit it straight every time, you still have to read the green.

Missing by two inches is the same as missing by two feet. It's still a miss. On a ten foot putt, if you miss your line by > 1°, you have

no chance of making the putt at all. Who cares how close your miss is - it's still a miss. Speed will keep your second putt closer, but the Z Factor is about making more of your first putts (and, heck, more of your second putts too).
I am new here so forgive me. But your review seems more like an infomercial then a journalistic piece. Do you have a stake in this aid?

Here's our

review policy . Should we ever review anything we have a part in (say, my Scorecard software) we'll come out and say so. I'm simply tired of seeing people spend $400 on a driver they're not going to hit any better than their previous one when there are better products - like the Z Factor - out there. I'm not a big fan of training aids, but this one has excited me. I'm just sharing that excitement here.
On 16, you hit your GIR, putted only once, yet shot a bogey?

I keep stats for the second ball, except the score. Note the two penalty strokes (lost ball - pull-hooked it basically OB). Except the score, of course - that's kept "normally."

So yeah, par four, GIR, one putt, +2 penalty strokes = 5.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

have a part in (say, my Scorecard software) we'll come out and say so.

Fair enough, I was just curious.

In my bag:

Someone mentioned earlier about being able to read the greens and this product not really helping that aspect. I encounter more 3-7 foot, straight, flat, par putts than I do "makeable" 25-35 footers that break. If I could sink 90% of those 3-7 footers I would be a scratch golfer. Having a consistent stroke will help your putting game, whether its a 50 foot double breaker, or a simple 2 foot straight putt.

I am going to wait a little until I can try one or hear more about this, but it def. deserves a shot.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Someone mentioned earlier about being able to read the greens and this product not really helping that aspect. I encounter more 3-7 foot, straight, flat, par putts than I do "makeable" 25-35 footers that break. If I could sink 90% of those 3-7 footers I would be a scratch golfer. Having a consistent stroke will help your putting game, whether its a 50 foot double breaker, or a simple 2 foot straight putt.

I absolutely agree with your statement and would like to elaborate.

Getting a putt start out true, and roll true is paramount to becoming a good putter. Just because you get farther away doesn't make it any less important. There will always be an element of luck in golf, but if this guy is trying to say that having a solid putting stroke is not important outside a certain range, I say that is an absurd argument.

In my bag:

haha where was this?

Here ya go, he is at the very bottom......

http://perfectputtingmachine.com/testimonials.html

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

• 4 weeks later...
Greetings,

After reading the reviews here I've ordered the Z Factor. Being brand new to golf I thought this might help learn the proper way of putting. My first lesson with the PGA pro is going to focus on hitting the ball with irons and woods, but my second will be on short game and putting.

I'll let you know what this true beginner thinks of the perfect putting machine after it arrives and I practice with it.

Iacas are you still using this or has it become another training aid that you forget about after a couple of weeks? I am a fan of the theory of training aids but nothing beats practise, how do you guys think Nicklaus learned to hole clutch putts? no such thing as a Z Factor in his day.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

• Administrator
Iacas are you still using this or has it become another training aid that you forget about after a couple of weeks? I am a fan of the theory of training aids but nothing beats practise, how do you guys think Nicklaus learned to hole clutch putts? no such thing as a Z Factor in his day.

Yes, I'm still using it. I'm using it almost every day. One of my putters has the little metal squares stuck to them and has for several weeks now. My putting has remained very good - I'm starting the ball online almost every time now. My misses are simply a matter of speed or the read now, never about mis-hitting the putt off-line.

Not sure what the heck Nicklaus has to do with anything.

Yes, I'm still using it. I'm using it almost every day. One of my putters has the little metal squares stuck to them and has for several weeks now. My putting has remained very good - I'm starting the ball online almost every time now. My misses are simply a matter of speed or the read now, never about mis-hitting the putt off-line.

My point about Nicklaus was that he had no access to training aids like this, and still putted well and that practise was key. I might get one of these when I go to college next year.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

• Administrator
My point about Nicklaus was that he had no access to training aids like this, and still putted well and that practise was key.

Nicklaus had training aids. They may not have been as sophisticated as some that we have today, but he had training aids.

And even if he didn't, that's got little to do with the fact that we DO have them now and not taking advantage of the good ones would be stupid.

Note: This thread is 5205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!