IGNORED

How come the LPGA is more wide open?

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 5869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How come im seeing a new lpga player win or be in contention in a tournament almost every other week? Were not talking relative unknowns.. just flat out unknown.. and they're usually asian.

Also, very rarely do you see an LPGA playoff or close scoring. Someone always blows out the field.

Explanations?

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

How come im seeing a new lpga player win or be in contention in a tournament almost every other week? Were not talking relative unknowns.. just flat out unknown.. and they're usually asian.

Close Scoring - I just checked last years stats: only 8 times was the lead >2 shots. Take our Ochoa and you're down to 3. There were 7 playoffs last year. I'd call that close scoring.

This year, Ochoa has ran away with a couple of events, sure. She's only one ahead at the moment though, and has come from behind to lead going into the final round.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I think you've just been watching the tournaments that Lorena Ochoa is playing in. That's understandable, because I've never seen anyone else on a CBS/NBC tournament (but then again, I don't watch often enough, so this isn't a good sample).

That having been said, I caught the last hour of today's, and I wouldn't say that Yani Tseng or Teresa Lu are complete unknowns.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

and your point? when is the last time you have seen a "new" LPGA player win or be in contention? Win. not in a 2 months. Who are they unknow too? They are all unknow too me I do not follow the LPGA. Is Johnson Wagner unknown JB Holmes unknown? you get the point. Unknown is a relative term. As far as "usually asian" your have a problem with a Choi, NA or Kim being in contention on the PGA?

IowaChop WITB
Driver:
Hyper X 9*
Fairway Metals:
Big Bertha (2004) 15*, 19*Hybrid:Big Bertha Heavenwood 23*Irons: 4-6 710 CB, 7-PW 710 MBWedges:655TM Fluid Forged Wedge (55/11*) CG 12 DSG 60/3*Putter: Tour Platinum 7801Ball: TP Black LDP
"Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll...

I think you've just been watching the tournaments that Lorena Ochoa is playing in. That's understandable, because I've never seen anyone else on a CBS/NBC tournament (but then again, I don't watch often enough, so this isn't a good sample).

Yeah, Ochoa's won some blowouts

very recently, but that's not a long-term LPGA trend. And Tseng was certainly well-known to me. Huge amateur career (won a North-South final vs Pressel and a Publinx from Wie, both were defending champs at the time) and she's won as a pro on the Asian tour already.

and your point? when is the last time you have seen a "new" LPGA player win or be in contention? Win. not in a 2 months. Who are they unknow too? They are all unknow too me I do not follow the LPGA. Is Johnson Wagner unknown JB Holmes unknown? you get the point. Unknown is a relative term. As far as "usually asian" your have a problem with a Choi, NA or Kim being in contention on the PGA?

*cough* Birdie Kim *cough* sorry its either that or Ochoa blowing out the field. I cant remember the last time i saw a playoff in LPGA golf. Given that i cant watch events that arent televised.. i dont know what happens in them. LPGA asians and PGA asians are 2 different things. The PGA has little in comparison and they are all distinctive because of that. I never stated i had any problem with asians so i dont know why the hell you're bringing that up. I guess i should've been more specific when i said wide open. You've got LPGA pros coming from the Futures tour and all over the world. Alot of them are unknowns because its easier to get an LPGA card because there is less competition.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

*cough* Birdie Kim *cough* sorry its either that or Ochoa blowing out the field. I cant remember the last time i saw a playoff in LPGA golf. Given that i cant watch events that arent televised..

There's this thing called the Internet. Oh,wait, this *is* the Internet!

Some folks even read newspapers.
LPGA asians and PGA asians are 2 different things.

The former are female and the latter are male. Apart from that they're the same: all play pro golf and come from various countries in Asia.

The PGA has little in comparison and they are all distinctive because of that. I never stated i had any problem with asians so i dont know why the hell you're bringing that up. I guess i should've been more specific when i said wide open. You've got LPGA pros coming from the Futures tour and all over the world. Alot of them are unknowns because its easier to get an LPGA card because there is less competition.

Why does that make them unknown? If there are fewer of them (is that what you mean by "less competition"), it's easier to know who they are, right?

Note: This thread is 5869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!