IGNORED

2022 U.S. Amateur

Sandy Lie

4 minutes ago, Sandy Lie said:

Anyone watching?  I like watching these events and the NCAA’s as well.  Match play is great to watch.

Is it on now?  I'd love to watch, a young man from my home club is now 2 up with 7 to play, I'd love to see it live.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

I’m watching a recording of the Round of 32. Not sure if they are televising the Round of 16?

Wait, Round of 16 is tomorrow at 11:00 on Peacock, then at 12:00 on the Golf Channel.

Edited by Sandy Lie

1 hour ago, Sandy Lie said:

I’m watching a recording of the Round of 32. Not sure if they are televising the Round of 16?

Wait, Round of 16 is tomorrow at 11:00 on Peacock, then at 12:00 on the Golf Channel.

No, the 16 is over, tomorrow is the round of 8, tee times starting at 930, semifinals begin at 200.  Ill have to record the telecast, I think I'm playing tomorrow.  My young friend won again this afternoon, really impressive play against some really good players.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

• iacas changed the title to 2022 U.S. Amateur
  • Administrator

I changed the title. Two things.

• Please include the year, as this event occurs every year, so…
  • It's not the Men's U.S. Amateur. It's open to anyone, of any gender.

The U.S. Women's Amateur, on the other hands, is not. And includes the word "Women's."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I changed the title. Two things.

• Please include the year, as this event occurs every year, so…
  • It's not the Men's U.S. Amateur. It's open to anyone, of any gender.

The U.S. Women's Amateur, on the other hands, is not. And includes the word "Women's."

Slow day?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Sandy Lie said:

Slow day?

Not sure what you mean. No, pretty busy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

No, the 16 is over, tomorrow is the round of 8, tee times starting at 930, semifinals begin at 200.  Ill have to record the telecast, I think I'm playing tomorrow.  My young friend won again this afternoon, really impressive play against some really good players.

Right. But they are televising it in the morning.  I don’t know why they do that? I suspect it’s the PGA.

Anyway, who are you watching/rooting for?

41 minutes ago, Sandy Lie said:

Right. But they are televising it in the morning.  I don’t know why they do that? I suspect it’s the PGA.

Anyway, who are you watching/rooting for?

Alex Price plays at my home club, his dad is on the bag.  I've known his mom and dad for more than 25 years, great people, and Alex is a really nice kid.  Alex is the only Div III player still playing, a real underdog.  

• Like 1

Dave

the past couple of weeks, I've been watching a lot of the NCAA's and Amateur Tournaments on the golf channel and i like watching them because even though they are "amateur's" they are so damn good!!!!!!!!   but even they do make some mistakes, but their fixes are good too!!       

I think a lot of it, for me anyways, is even though my golf game sucks!!  I'm always trying to learn from everyone!  even if they are on TV.  

But it also makes me think our game of golf has a damn good future because of these people

• Like 1

It is what it is

One of the strangest moments on Sunday was Ben Carr going for the green on the 13th after Bennett went OB.

I couldn’t believe Wilcox didn’t stop and talk to Carr after Bennett was lying 4 in the rough just off the green.

While not a Tin Cup moment, it sure would have been the time for the caddie to implore a wedge-wedge layup and win the hole.

John

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed this more than the BMW. Cantlay’s bunker shot on 18 was impressive. But my goodness he’s a bore. I was pulling for Carr, still a great fight to come back from down 5 to the 36th hole.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

33 minutes ago, 70sSanO said:

One of the strangest moments on Sunday was Ben Carr going for the green on the 13th after Bennett went OB.

I couldn’t believe Wilcox didn’t stop and talk to Carr after Bennett was lying 4 in the rough just off the green.

While not a Tin Cup moment, it sure would have been the time for the caddie to implore a wedge-wedge layup and win the hole.

John

Felt the same way. A big wow moment for a missed opportunity!