IGNORED

Classification of Player by Handicap

sonicblue
Note: This thread is 5858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think I'd be in the higher end of 5-10. I really worked on my greenside manner and my putting has been pretty good as of late. I am leaving my "team golf" aspirations behind though. I'm playing somewhere around NYC this weekend so I'll really put my skills to the test.

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I'd be in the 5-10 in some categories, and 10-20 in others (Such as putting). But there's no column for blowup holes.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator
Personally I think it is mildy insulting and wildy inaccurate.

I think, as others have said, you simply have to lighten up a little bit.

I, for one am in the mid to high 20's handicap range and yet I generally hit 85 to 90 percent of my fairways (not long, to say the least - 180 to 210yds) and once I get to the green I rarely 3 putt.

So you're an exception. Get over it?

Your wild generalizations are insulting. That's what we have a problem with. I know my deficiencies as a golfer, and I don't need you to belittle my game. When you were a high handicapper did you appreciate low handicappers insulting you?

Ditto what I said above.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think after my round today ill have to catagorize myself in the 10-20 range

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I think, as others have said, you simply have to lighten up a little bit.

I will, if you will

Ok, I apologize for being a whiner and have untwisted my panties.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

If anyone has ever had a 4-putt it means you 3-putted in a hula hoop. I don't know any players out there, not even Tiger Woods, that have never 4-putted.

It's just the vocabulary used for the high handicap category is much funnier.

In The Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°, Fujikura RE*AX 65g Stiff
Hybrid: CLK 17°, Exsar HS2 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60, Project X 6.0, 3i / MP-32, Project X 6.0, 4i-PWWedges: MP-T Black Ni, 51.06 / 56.13 / 60.08Putter: Studio Style Newport 2, 34" / 340gBall: e5+

That's the problem with the Internet. Would you crack on a complete stranger's game on the course? No, you wouldn't (unless they were walking and you were driving by in your car :D )

As for telling folks to lighten up: I laugh at myself all the time. (It keeps me from crying). I think I just perceived the chart as laughing AT golfers with a high handicap rather than WITH us. Perhaps I was overreacting. It's just the teacher in me. Beginners of any activity don't do well when others emphasize their flaws without offering advice on how to fix said flaws.

Driver: WRX G5 9* Fujikura Speeder 757
3-wood: G2 WRX 14*
Hybrid: G5 19*
Hibore Hybrid 3i 22*
Irons: G5 4-PW Wedges: Tour-W Black Nickel 52/12 & 58/08Putter: Milled NC #5Bag: Bagboy RevolverBall: ProV1XShoes: Adidas Tour 360 II

That's the problem with the Internet. Would you crack on a complete stranger's game on the course? No, you wouldn't (unless they were walking and you were driving by in your car :D )

Agreed, internet speak can be hard to interpret, but that's where I try to give the benefit unless I REALLY know otherwise. And, to answer your question, after 9 holes with anyone, strangers alike, yes, I'd take a friendly jab at anyone. I consider the people on here closer than that random stranger, though, because you know the people here are lovers of the game and trying to improve. Again, I believe part and parcel of that is, you better learn to laugh at yourself a little. No hard feelings, yah?

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

No hard feelings - it's ok. I know you didn't mean anything by it.

Hibore Hybrid 3i 22*
Irons: G5 4-PW Wedges: Tour-W Black Nickel 52/12 & 58/08Putter: Milled NC #5Bag: Bagboy RevolverBall: ProV1XShoes: Adidas Tour 360 II

• Administrator
That's the problem with the Internet. Would you crack on a complete stranger's game on the course?

No, that's YOUR problem. You're choosing to see this as someone "cracking" on you.

Perhaps I was overreacting. It's just the teacher in me. Beginners of any activity don't do well when others emphasize their flaws without offering advice on how to fix said flaws.

My wife's a teacher. My mom's a teacher. I've taught college classes.

C'mon, dude, teachers get generalized charts like this all the time. They may not share them all with their students, but the whole act of grading is basically no different than the chart that he's produced. Heck, the chart has more help on "how to fix the flaws." Just look one level above and see how much you have to improve to get to the next level. Without knowing YOUR specifics, of course nobody can help you. But the chart could help you to HELP YOURSELF. Instead, you chose to get offended at a chart. A chart you could have also chosen to ignore. Sorry, but you go visit a pro and tell him you're a 25 and you want to become a 15, and he's going to form a chart very similar to the one posted in his mind, and work with you on all of those things. He'll know the specifics, of course, which you've not shared here with us, but the chart's fairly valid and pretty accurate. There are exceptions to every rule. Maybe you're one. If you are, that's yet another reason not to get so upset about it. P.S. As for "laughing at" vs. "laughing with" and "making fun of," again, how do you make fun of a scratch golfer as someone else put it?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

P.S. As for "laughing at" vs. "laughing with" and "making fun of," again, how do you make fun of a scratch golfer as someone else put it?

I'm sure I could find a bunch of things to make fun of

Hibore Hybrid 3i 22*

Just look one level above and see how much you have to improve to get to the next level.

That's pretty much what I did with it....and it nailed what I feel I need to address next.

That's pretty much what I did with it....and it nailed what I feel I need to address next.

That's pretty cool to hear. Not sure whether you already knew it and I just got it right, or the chart actually helped you figure it out. Either way, thanks!

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Note: This thread is 5858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!