IGNORED

Fairway Woods

micha

7 hours ago, micha said:

i use a 11 and 13 wood with better results than irons has anybody used 15 through 21 woods?

@micha I honestly can say I didn't know those existed.  Sorry.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just bought a seven, never owned anything shorter than a 4wood before.  Saw Gary Player hit a 9wood in a match, and thought-hmm I guess I'll try a seven. It's in the mail.  I have no trouble hitting long irons, with a decent lie. Can't trust my driver to keep them in the short grass yet-hence the seven.

What I have discovered about shopping second-hand fairway woods is that stiff shafts aren't common, but that regular and senior shafts dominate the 5w and below field of candidates. I got a regular and hope I don't hate it for being noodley. I've not swung regular shafts since I was a 16. 

This ain't no Party, this ain't no Disco...

I play a 5,  sometimes a 7 &  9 when the wind is down or the greens are hard. 9's are quite versatile. Problem is I like my 4 & 5 irons too much to bag the 7 & 9 in lieu of them every round.  9 woods are amazingly versatile. Never tried to hit an 11 or even more lofted wood, I hit the 6 I on down high and spinny when I need..

Edited by Esox

Hit my 9 wood to 3' from 186 yards yesterday. The resulting bird sealed the match for us. Never could have stuck an uphill 5 iron like that towering  9 wood stuck. 

• Like 1

I hit a sweet layup shot Friday with my 7. I then duffed the pitch, but hey--golf.  I'm glad it's in the bag. 

This ain't no Party, this ain't no Disco...