IGNORED

Pat vs. Phil?

Bucki1968

I have seen a couple articles that relate to this but haven't heard (or read) anything else. Has anyone else gotten any more information on the "Feud"? Am I late to the party?

Screenshot-2022-11-16-at-11.01.06-1000x6

Rumors have been swirling about a feud between two of LIV Golf’s most polarizing players. Related: Pat Perez reveals his ‘hatred’ of Phil Mickelson after Lefty committed ‘unforgivable’ act According to Pat Perez, Phil...

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, chspeed said:

Pat Perez? Who cares?

Could you say "Phil Mickelson, who cares?" too? Because it does involve both.

And I don't really care but I understand why some do. And it might be "interesting" without "caring" much.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

Could you say "Phil Mickelson, who cares?" too? Because it does involve both.

And I don't really care but I understand why some do. And it might be "interesting" without "caring" much.

Yes, didn't come out right. I was just saying that if this was a feud with Dustin Johnson or someone more newsworthy, it might be a bigger story. Thus OP didn't see much about this until now, even though the story was published a few weeks ago.

I stumbled across the Son of a Butch Podcast that had a very animated Pat Perez getting softball questions from his coach, Claude Harmon. Not knowing their relationship I thought it was a quirky interview in which Perez makes his case for LIV golf. Whatever. Then he goes out of his way to describe his hate (his word) for Mickelson without really talking about what happened. I mean he is really going out of his way to tell you how he feels. I was left thinking, why would you take on Phil since Phil is the LIV megastar and could probably just have you ended on LIV. He also goes out of his way to blow up a caddy that he got into it with on the PGA Tour and trashes the tour and how LIV banned the guy. Just a strange interview where Perez really comes across that he's got something to prove (according to him he did prove himself by shooting 70 on Sunday at Doral). 

A few days go by and I see a couple of things online in passing and someone is talking about the Pull Hook Golf Podcast (Nov 16) where they highlight the caddy story that Pat made such a big deal about. I go for my 3 miler this morning and skip to the caddy story and these guys just start dishing. Anyway, I don't really know who the bigger train wreck is between PP or PM, but I do know that there is so much more to this story. These Pull Hook guys hit and hit hard. The episode is straight up Tour Soap Opera. 

Edited by TourSpoon
Clarification

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator

So what’s that story?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

So what’s that story?

Let's just say that the Pull Hook guys lay out a pattern of behavior for Pat Perez and his wife that is unflattering starting with a long-time friend, Si Woo Kim, Kim's caddy, and then Phil. It is unreal and just off the chain. It starts about minute 50 or so in the podcast. 

Edited by TourSpoon
Clarification

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator

Okay, don't tell us then.

I'm not gonna listen to a podcast just to hear it, but you don't seem to want to share it, so…

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Okay, don't tell us then.

I'm not gonna listen to a podcast just to hear it, but you don't seem to want to share it, so…

Fine, I can give you a tamed down version. These guys let it rip on the podcast. The Phil drama is about Pat's wife and Phil getting a little too friendly when they shared a house for some tournament and Pat had a practice round. They theorize that there was drinking, some flirtatious behavior, and a picture taken. Pat found out about it weeks later and freaked. Now the freak-out behavior is interesting because like the saga of the other stories referenced (long-time friend, Kim's match, and Kim's caddy) the freak-outs go a certain way all at the behest of the wife and her direct involvement running the show. Real Soap Opera stuff. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

Fine, I can give you a tamed down version. These guys let it rip on the podcast. The Phil drama is about Pat's wife and Phil getting a little too friendly when they shared a house for some tournament and Pat had a practice round. They theorize that there was drinking, some flirtatious behavior, and a picture taken. Pat found out about it weeks later and freaked. Now the freak-out behavior is interesting because like the saga of the other stories referenced (long-time friend, Kim's match, and Kim's caddy) the freak-outs go a certain way all at the behest of the wife and her direct involvement running the show. Real Soap Opera stuff. 

I meant the caddie story, actually. 🙂 But thanks.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I meant the caddie story, actually. 🙂 But thanks.

The caddie story is actually born from the Si Woo match when he was drumming Perez 3 up after nine. Perez's wife was out of hand during the match heckling Si Woo. It came down to a missed Si Woo four footer and a push and no hand-shake. Si Woo's caddy had some choice words with Perez's caddie about the wife and was overheard. The next thing that comes out is that Perez is missing money from his wallet and he spends the next 3 years making the guys life miserable trying to get him thrown off the Tour. You can't make this stuff up! 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

The caddie story is actually born from the Si Woo match when he was drumming Perez 3 up after nine. Perez's wife was out of hand during the match heckling Si Woo. It came down to a missed Si Woo four footer and a push and no hand-shake. Si Woo's caddy had some choice words with Perez's caddie about the wife and was overheard. The next thing that comes out is that Perez is missing money from his wallet and he spends the next 3 years making the guys life miserable trying to get him thrown off the Tour. You can't make this stuff up! 

Oh brother.

Thank you for typing that out.

Pat's one thing. His wife seems to be a whole other level.

Oh well. Pat's with LIV, so… I think about him even less than the little we had to think of him before.

19 minutes ago, iacas said:

Oh brother.

Thank you for typing that out.

Pat's one thing. His wife seems to be a whole other level.

Oh well. Pat's with LIV, so… I think about him even less than the little we had to think of him before.

Yep, Soap Opera. It was something to listen to during my workout and to be fair, was pretty entertaining with the "You can't make this crap up" factor. 

I read somewhere where Alan Shipnick knew this story but didn't put it in the book. I guess he couldn't get it verified from a reliable source. It sounds to me like PP has pretty much verified it. You would think it would be uncomfortable playing on the LIV tour together? 

My bag:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

I read somewhere where Alan Shipnick knew this story but didn't put it in the book. I guess he couldn't get it verified from a reliable source. It sounds to me like PP has pretty much verified it. You would think it would be uncomfortable playing on the LIV tour together? 

I think for $10M or whatever he can put up with a lot.

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

Um ... Sounds like they're in high school? 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Drama at its best imho.....PP seems like a high energy type guy and down for anything sort of say, stories like these (let's just say it doesn't surprise me)  

According to the podcast, PP getting 10 million up front is BS. That was just put out there to entice other players to join LIV. I had never listened to that podcast before, but I think I will start listening to it more often. I'm not sure how reliable some of the sources are, but it sounds like they have some insight into the tour. The whole story about PP and the caddie was pretty funny/ridiculous. The comments made about Pat Perez's character are pretty funny. I'm not trying to "plug" the podcast but it's worth a listen. 

My bag: