IGNORED

Bo the Golfer's Golf Journey

Bo the Golfer

32 minutes ago, Bo the Golfer said:

I received a call a little while ago that my mom has passed. While I'm obviously very sad, I'm glad that she is no longer in pain and can be with my dad again. I'm so happy for seeing her last week and her being aware enough to talk a little. I'll miss her so much. 

Sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, Bo the Golfer said:

I received a call a little while ago that my mom has passed. While I'm obviously very sad, I'm glad that she is no longer in pain and can be with my dad again. I'm so happy for seeing her last week and her being aware enough to talk a little. I'll miss her so much. 

Sorry for your loss. We talked about how you just wanted her to go peacefully given the likelihood of the outcome so I hope that she wasn't in pain too long is some consolation.

We don't really have a good emoji response for this, so please don't take the "thumbs up" as anything but condolences and a reminder of the many good memories you have of your mom.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Sorry for your loss. We talked about how you just wanted her to go peacefully given the likelihood of the outcome so I hope that she wasn't in pain too long is some consolation.

We don't really have a good emoji response for this, so please don't take the "thumbs up" as anything but condolences and a reminder of the many good memories you have of your mom.

We did and I believe she did. She was surrounded by loved ones and is with my dad now so I'll hold on to that. Thank you. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Went to the dome today to hit some balls. No video as with my mental state still being what it is I forgot my tripod. Really concentrating on keeping my backswing short and my head in the shot. I wish I had the tripod because it felt like a half swing with a slight pause and fire through. I will say on a good many shots it felt like pure center contact so I will keep drilling to ingrain this feel. 

Fitness journey is going well. As of this morning I am down to 243. I reset my goal to 235 from 240 but maybe 230 is the number. We shall see. 

BO THE GOLFER

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

So it's been a bit but i had to take some time to mourn my mom and some other stuff going on. I have been doing pretty well fitness wise. I broke through 240 and weighed in at 238.6. Feeling really good. I wouldn't say I'm super tough on myself with what I put in my body but I do log everything on My Fitness Pal and on the majority of days I'm under calories and pretty right on with macros (still need to be better with protein). 

I went to a grass range this morning and dummy me forgot to charge my phone so I didn't get video. I went with a half swing feeling and oh my that worked well. I get feel isn't real so I'll try to get back and see what it looks like on video. Strikes felt very pure overall and distance did not seem to suffer despite a fairly strong crosswind. I'm hoping it looks as good as it felt. 

• Thumbs Up 1

BO THE GOLFER

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been a bit but things have been busy on my end. I have had a couple of range sessions lately and the first wasn't great but the last went really well. I started concentrating on just getting my shoulder behind the ball and it has made a world of difference. I think prior I had been thinking way too much over the ball but once I get my grip and setup done it's just one thought. My strikes were much more pure and distance despite a strong wind was very good. 

I weighed in yesterday at 235. This journey started 2 years ago in May when I stepped on the scale and had 321 staring back at me. My knees feel so much better and feel stronger than I have in years. Not sure what weight I'll land on and try to maintain but I'm really pleased with the progress. 

• Thumbs Up 2

BO THE GOLFER

On 4/16/2024 at 10:41 AM, Bo the Golfer said:

... I weighed in yesterday at 235. This journey started 2 years ago in May when I stepped on the scale and had 321 staring back at me... 

Almost 90 pounds, that is impressive. Well done.

• Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

Interesting day at the range today. Seemed to have zero swing (or many depending on how you look at it) and was hitting every poor shot imaginable. Finally decided to just mimic my short swings I do with my practice club for the majority of my 5 minute daily practices. That did the trick. It felt as if my backswing ended just past hip high. I felt so connected and was getting great compression on shots. Distance may have suffered a bit but if shots end up as playable as these would have been I'll take the trade off. 

BO THE GOLFER

Went to the range today and was cursing myself when I got there as I realized I forgot my phone. I added an earlier wrist hinge to the short backswing I was using last time practicing and ball strikes were really good for the most part. I'm heading back to Boston Thursday to see friends and family and have a couple of rounds planned so I'm hoping to keep this feeling. 

Yesterday morning I weighed in at 232. My goal had been 230 but maybe now it's 220. I'll have to think about that. I feel so much better without the extra 90 lbs. from 2 years ago. Still a softl slightly less protruding belly so it might be time to go hard on eating better. Work in progress. 

BO THE GOLFER