IGNORED

Car Shopping Time!

saevel25

23 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Now that winter tires are on, I’m ready for a very mild Ohio Winter. 🤣

You don’t really want to drive on your summers when the temperature gets below 45°F anyway. In NJ I swap my tires around mid-April and mid-November.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, billchao said:

You don’t really want to drive on your summers when the temperature gets below 45°F anyway. In NJ I swap my tires around mid-April and mid-November.

Yeah, that’s why I was searching last Saturday from the dealership at place to get the winter tires put on, lol. driving on them today. I can definitely notice much better traction on the cold pavement.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

32 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Yeah, that’s why I was searching last Saturday from the dealership at place to get the winter tires put on, lol. driving on them today. I can definitely notice much better traction on the cold pavement.

Yea sometimes when it gets cold out before I swap my tires I have to remind myself not to drive like a dummy.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Since you're looking at the Ioniq 5N, may I throw the Kia EV6 GT in the ring. The N line and GT share a platform. i think the EV6 has slightly less HP and a slightly longer range. But seems similar and worth checking out both. I ended up not being able to justify the EV6 and got the 2023 Niro EV early last year. But I really love that car and have a friend with the EV6 that I lust after whenever I see him. And that he loves. Given your range of price points I'd consider both!

One word of caution, my 2023 Niro EV has an absolutely obnoxiously loud reverse beep. It sounds like I'm reversing an 18-wheeler, not a hatchback that regulations say shouldn't be totally silent. Since they share a platform it's probably worth being sure to check that reverse sound in test drive for either brand!

The electric is SO fun to drive. I'm all in on the constant torque curve.

Edited by mdl

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

50 minutes ago, mdl said:

Since you're looking at the Ioniq 5N, may I throw the Kia EV6 GT in the ring.

Thanks for the offers, but a car was purchases. Hyundai Elantra N 😉

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, mdl said:

Since you're looking at the Ioniq 5N, may I throw the Kia EV6 GT in the ring.

Probably should have kept reading there @mdl.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Thanks for the offers, but a car was purchases. Hyundai Elantra N 😉

Ha whoops. Shows me for not reading through 😆 New car looks beautiful and the performance adjustment capabilities sound super fun!!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚