IGNORED

Is Anything as Good as the Original Diamana Blueboard Shaft?

I use the Diamani Blueboard 63 stiff in my driver and 3 wood. I hit my driver around 210 and with a tight little draw have hit many 230-260 yard drives. I'm 68 and I consider myself a short hitter and my handicap is low. I just shot a 76 and a 74 and not from senior tees.
I'm always told by fitters I need a regular flex. With a nice smooth shaft like the original Diamana, I hit the ball much straighter and as long, if not longer than a regular flex. I do use a regular flex in my 9,7,5, and 3 woods in the Diamana Redboard and every shaft is tipped appropriately. I hit these shafts more consistently than anything I have tried. I've hit some of the newer $200-$300 and they aren't better. Maybe the newest Fujikura is good, but the early ones aren't nearly as good as the original Diamana. I've used these shafts since the first came out and they are as good now as they were when new. My driver is the Ping G400max and my fairway woods are the original Cobra SZ heads and they are amazing. I can't imagine I can hit a ball any better than with these woods with these Redboard shafts. 

Shafts are very player specific.

What is a "good" shaft for you won't necessarily be a "good" shaft for me.

For example, the Ventus Blue TR 7-X is the most optimal shaft for me and my driver, but that doesn't mean it's better or worse than the shaft you use.

It sounds like you've found the best fit for you, no need to change it up if it's working.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ideally go for a fitting and if any shaft is better consider getting it.  And better isn't just about length.  It involves dispersion and ideally a consistent shot shape, though you might choose to shape it both ways

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I went for a fitting last spring and we tried all the newest Diamanas to find something that worked as well as my ~5 year old Diamana shaft. Couldn't beat it, so we wound up buying another one on ebay and putting that in a new driver. Supposedly the main thing for a shaft to do is allow you to find the middle of the face regularly. With mine I was hitting them all within maybe a half inch of the center. With the other ones they were moving all around the place. 

I think if you're happy with your current shaft, then you'd be crazy to change it. I might even be inclined to see if I could find a couple of spares.

On 3/17/2024 at 12:02 PM, Richard Patterson said:

I use the Diamani Blueboard 63 stiff in my driver and 3 wood. I hit my driver around 210 and with a tight little draw have hit many 230-260 yard drives. I'm 68 and I consider myself a short hitter and my handicap is low. I just shot a 76 and a 74 and not from senior tees.
I'm always told by fitters I need a regular flex. With a nice smooth shaft like the original Diamana, I hit the ball much straighter and as long, if not longer than a regular flex. I do use a regular flex in my 9,7,5, and 3 woods in the Diamana Redboard and every shaft is tipped appropriately. I hit these shafts more consistently than anything I have tried. I've hit some of the newer $200-$300 and they aren't better. Maybe the newest Fujikura is good, but the early ones aren't nearly as good as the original Diamana. I've used these shafts since the first came out and they are as good now as they were when new. My driver is the Ping G400max and my fairway woods are the original Cobra SZ heads and they are amazing. I can't imagine I can hit a ball any better than with these woods with these Redboard shafts. 

You may be able to find a regular flex Blueboard on the second hand market. I’m little more than half your age so I swing a shaft that launches pretty low so I don’t have a lot of experience with Regular flex (other than when I try to hit it I miss way to the left). 

There are other shafts, such as the newer Ping Alta that I’ve heard good things about. And one that no one talks about. The Jupiter shaft. You can get this shaft for a $100 with a grip and your Ping adapter installed. I was talking to the golf manager at Dick’s Sporting Goods here and he has one in his driver and has nothing but good things to say about it. I thought about getting one for my Paradym Triple Diamond to play it a little shorter, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”