IGNORED

Snell Golf 2024 Prime Lineup Now Available

From: https://www.snellgolf.com/pages/the-2024-prime-lineup

April 20, 2024 - Announcing  today a new golf ball lineup offering “Performance for All”. Continuing our fundamental belief that urethane golf ball cover technology helps all golfers by improving performance in the scoring areas. The new lineup focuses on offering urethane technology at an affordable price, while optimizing the golf ball performance based on player swing speed, or a more frequently known data point, 7-iron distance. 

Snell Golf has released a brand new premium golf ball lineup for a broad range of swing speeds. It hasn't been that long since they launched the MTB Prime and Prime X, but due to some issues with the cover they decided to go back to the drawing board. I expected them to replace the two premium offerings, so it came as a surprise to me that they have added a third. And on top of that, the balls themselves seem to more different than previous offerings. They now offer a 2-piece urethane ball as well as a 4-piece urethane ball. All of Snell Golf's urethane balls in the past have been 3-piece.

Snell 2024 Prime Lineup.png

The price for each starts at $24.99 for the Prime 2.0, $32.99 for the Prime 3.0, and $34.99 for the Prime 4.0. As always, there are discounts for buying in bulk. Snell Golf has stated that some orders may process immediately while others may take as long as 5/1 to process, which is expected from a release such as this. Looking through their website, I see that the Prime 2.0 and 3.0 are available right now in white and both models will be available in yellow on 5/1. The Prime 4.0 will be available on 5/1 with yellow available on 6/1.

Most people know I'm a big fan of Snell Golf and have been using their balls for years. I will be ordering five dozen Prime 4.0s though I have a pretty good stockpile of MTB Primes on my shelf.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

snellprime234.jpg

Is it just me or do the dimples look hexagonal?

snellprime234closeup.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Is it just me or do the dimples look hexagonal?

I didn't even notice that, but yes, they do.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Saw the announcement in my email today as well….had picked up some of the deeply discounted MTB Prime and Prime+ balls recently….looking forward to reading how the new balls test out. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Ordered the 3.0's this A.M.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Played 18 holes with the same Prime 3.0. No scuffs! 

• Thumbs Up 2

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

How dare you make me pay $2 more per dozen!!! 😛 

I'll be getting some of these in a few months, lol 🙂 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

13 hours ago, snapfade said:

Played 18 holes with the same Prime 3.0. No scuffs! 

That’s good to hear. I had to retire my MTB Prime halfway through my round yesterday because I noticed it was scuffed up. I didn’t hit a cartpath or a tree or anything.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Y'all are soft. Balatas would last a hole or two. 😄 

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets