IGNORED

Awkward Grip

The shaft of my Titleist driver was cracked and in need of replacement.
Walked into my local golf shop to see what they could do. I was surprised to find a Ventus Fujikura already set up for a Titleist and with the grips I use.

I used to have a Ventus Fujikura on my Burner, so no need to get fitted. $99 and out the door I went.

Maybe it was the heat or I was rushing but I did not notice the grip was on awkwardly and to the side.
Anytime I have griped, or had clubs griped the "Golf Pride" is straight down the middle and I use it as a grip alignment.

When I was out in the back yard hitting into my net, my kid was telling me to not "over think it" and not let it get into my head.
However, this grip and club are totally different than all my other clubs. I think subconsciously this may bother me. Heck as soon as I hit a bad drive you know I will blame the grip!

Do I have an honest complaint?
Should I just go with it (after all it is a brand new grip)
Would you regrip?

image.png.e999fdfac8c500767c20004402e7f111.png

image.png.ff6ae9c1433c87a793913d3752be1ddd.png

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know different hosel settings will move the grip orientation around, but that seems a bit extreme. This wouldn’t bother me as I grip my club based on the clubface and not the alignment of the grip, but if it bothers you then just replace it.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I like the grip logo to be facing the ground. I know for some grips this could change the feel due to texture of the grip not being uniform. 

2 hours ago, Elmer said:

Do I have an honest complaint?
Should I just go with it (after all it is a brand new grip)
Would you regrip?

Complaint? To whom? I mean, if you change the setting on the club it probably would be facing the correct way. I think you need to chalk it up as just not being detailed enough when you are getting a new shaft for the club. 

A new grip will cost you probably what, $15-$20 including install? If it really is going to bother you, go get it re-gripped.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

A new grip will cost you probably what, $15-$20 including install? If it really is going to bother you, go get it re-gripped.

I can usually snag a Golf Pride Multi-Compound for $12 or $13 and install myself.

I think you talked me into it!

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

36 minutes ago, Elmer said:

I can usually snag a Golf Pride Multi-Compound for $12 or $13 and install myself.

I think you talked me into it!

And…do you breathe in or out on your back swing? 🥴

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

One of the guys in my group was complaining about his grip alignment when we played the other day too.  I had no clue what he was talking about.  I guess if it bothers you, change it. 

John

12 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

And…do you breathe in or out on your back swing? 🥴

Neither,

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride