IGNORED

Percentage of Fairways Hit?

MrSandman
Note: This thread is 5861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For those of you shooting in the 70's (or better) on a consistent basis, what is your percentage of fairways hit? Do you expect to hit 75%, or are you satisfied with 50%?

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Im close enough, I hit 52% of fairways, but I actually want to be around 55-60 this year
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

not many, probably around 40%

edit - I shot 2 over in matchplay on sunday and I hit 6 fairways out of 14

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

If you would like to add your GIR% as well, that would also be interesting.

When you miss a fairway, what do you think your GIR% is as opposed to your GIR% from the fairway?

What's in the bag
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

in the same round I hit 3 greens on the front 9 and 5 greens on the back 9 so 8 greens over all, my ball striking wasnt brilliant but my short game was solid

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

37% GIR for me, with 52% fairways it really shows im having alot of trouble hitting the green on my second shot. It's an accuracy problem I see.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I'm shooting around 80 most of the time and I'm currently hitting around 57% of fairways. I just added a great 3wood to my bag and I'm hitting it well. I expect that number to rise.

i said 70% in some other thread a while back, but the past month ive been 50%. a big decline and i see my handicap going up because of it unless i can figure it out. i usually have good confidence off the tee, but lately, nada.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

another question while we are at it:

when you miss the fairway, how often are you able to make par or better? How often do you make bogey?

What's in the bag

i can make par if i miss the fairway, im a decent scrambler, as long as trees and other obstacles arent an interference that would make me hit a shot that im not used to.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

• Administrator
another question while we are at it:

Are you just adding stats that Scorecard gives you??

I think most people aren't really going to know this stuff off-hand. They might be able to approximate, but I doubt they'll be horribly accurate there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Scorecard tells me 28.57% fairways, and 9.26 GIR
I get GIR 16.67% of the time after hitting a fairway, 0% from the left rough(I never go left) and 12.0% from the right rough.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

0% today.

My used-to-be-accurate driver became the SLICE ADDER OF DEATH.

Total casualties = 6 balls, a raven, a squirrel and someone's garden gnome in 9 holes.

Gotta hit the range for at least 2 days to try to smooth it out. Freaking swing changes always get me all wonky.
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

i hit 50% on average lately...hope to improve tho!

In my Xtreme II carry bag:

Mizuno Driver
MacGregor 3Wood
Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 3i CG Gold Graphite Irons (4-PW) 52* CG14 wedge Vokey 56* Sand Wedge Vokey 60* Lob Wedge 33" Newport

I only miss a fairway or two per round.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I'm not a big fan of the "Fairways hit" stat, because I don't think it is that important to be in the fairway. I am actually in the fairway a decent amount, but the key (for me anyway) is to know where you can miss the fairway and get away with it on courses you play frequently (the only time I concentrate on fairways as a necessary thing is on new courses). It just always seemed to matter more to me about GIR and up and downs, not fairways, because you can miss a fairway by 1 foot and still have a great look at the green or even have "semi-rough" on some of the nicer courses that don't count as a fairway, but it doesn't affect your next shot enough to make you worry about it normally.

Just my two cents.

In The Bag:
905R UST V2 Stiff
906F2 UST V2 Stiff
3DX dc 17* Stiff
2300 IM 4-PW Stiff CG 12 Black Pearl 52*, 56*, 60* C67 Pro V1x

I'm not a big fan of the "Fairways hit" stat, because I don't think it is that important to be in the fairway. I am actually in the fairway a decent amount, but the key (for me anyway) is to know where you can miss the fairway and get away with it on courses you play frequently (the only time I concentrate on fairways as a necessary thing is on new courses). It just always seemed to matter more to me about GIR and up and downs, not fairways, because you can miss a fairway by 1 foot and still have a great look at the green or even have "semi-rough" on some of the nicer courses that don't count as a fairway, but it doesn't affect your next shot enough to make you worry about it normally.

True, true. There's some guy on the pro tour...named after a large predatory jungle cat or something....is only hitting fairways 58.93%. Fairly good at the short game though

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I hit 54% of my fairways, and 72% greens last rounds. My iron play is usually really good, but I did not feel confident over any putt.

"Eliminate All Compensations."

Bag: 2008 Warbird
Driver: R7 425 10.5 (s)
3 wood: R7 stIrons: RAC MB TP 2-PWWedges: SV 56*10, SV Black Satin 60*10Putter: Anser 4Balls: Black

Note: This thread is 5861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!