IGNORED

new callaway tour ix anybody had experience with them

Note: This thread is 5823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hx tours were good these any better

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

these balls are fantastic! i have a special way of marking them as well and it makes them look even better.

but in all seriousness, the ball has seriously good distance, extreme durability and is good around the greens. not as good around the greens as a v1 but more distance in my opinion.

Someone gave me one to try out. It was nice, but I found it a little hard, but I felt that way about the HX Tour too. I like the feel of the Pro v better.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

These balls don't get check on chip shots like the v1's do but they are deeper, and still spin enough. Personally I like the hx tour 56 more than the tour ix.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

These balls don't get check on chip shots like the v1's do but they are deeper, and still spin enough. Personally I like the hx tour 56 more than the tour ix.

Preach on brother. I bought a sleeve for use at a tournament. They were ok but not as good in my opinion as my HX 56's. Luckily the Callaway rep was at my local pro shop the other day and made me a good deal on some 56's so at least I have some for a little while.

I guess the tour i's are supposed to be more like the 56. We'll have to see how they play when they come out.

All fires eventually go out!

HiBore 10.5 Standard Shaft Stiff

MP-60 4-PW Dynamic Gold 300 MP-T 51,56,60 V-Foil HX Tour 56 (guess I'll be changing soon)

I love the new Tour ix balls. I never tried the HX 56s, but I got a free sleeve and since switched from Pro V1. Overall, I get 8-10 yards farther than the Pro-V1, and about as far as the v1x. The main reason why I switched was durability. They are as slightly harder than v1s (and I mean very slightly), but a lob wedge won't destroy them like they do the Titleist balls, and they check up on the green just fine.

I am a Titleist loyalist, so its hard for me to accept this, but I think Callaway has a winner with these balls.

During practice I hit a Tour ix, prov1, and D2 feel off the tee with my driver and they fell 20 yards apart - longest:Tour ix, ten yards back was the prov1, and ten yards back was the D2. Tour ix and prov1 would stop the quickest with a lob wedge - not a lot of difference there. Tour ix showed wear before the prov1 and the D2 was by far the toughest skin. Tour ix did back up when it landed on the green after being hit by a 4 iron. I reserve the ix for situations where there is wide open space as losing a few would make the round much more expensive.

During practice I hit a Tour ix, prov1, and D2 feel off the tee with my driver and they fell 20 yards apart - longest:Tour ix, ten yards back was the prov1, and ten yards back was the D2. Tour ix and prov1 would stop the quickest with a lob wedge - not a lot of difference there. Tour ix showed wear before the prov1 and the D2 was by far the toughest skin. Tour ix did back up when it landed on the green after being hit by a 4 iron. I reserve the ix for situations where there is wide open space as losing a few would make the round much more expensive.

Your a 20 capper and you can back up a 4 iron???

Great ball. I usually play the "distance" ball out of the tour balls (like Pro V1X instead of Pro V1) because I don't really get that much backspin on short shorts. Compared to the HX tour, the iX went a couple yards farther. I also found it to be a little more durable than the HX Tour. Good distance and feel. Might not be too soft but I play forged blades and my putter has an insert so the impact is soft anyway.

Your a 20 capper and you can back up a 4 iron???

Ok....I'm going to forget about buying any new sticks and just run to the pro shop and buy a couple dozen of these balls. I couldn't back up a 4-iron even with a whistle and a leash!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Callaway!!!!!
Caddyshack, I did so I can but I can't do anything consistently and that's why I'm sitting at 20.

Dangitman.....you had to go and bust my bubble with this response. For a minute there I was under the illusion that my golf game was gonna be saved by this ball. Now you've brought me back down to earth....realizing that I'm cursed to hit my couple of super shots and numerous ugly shots per round.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I have been playing the Tour ix for 3 rounds now and have found them to be an improvement over the HX tour. They seem to be more durable and maybe a few yards longer. I have gone a round and a half with the last one I have played and it still has some life left in it.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone interested in trading pro v1's for some HX tours? I like the callaways and have boxes of brand new, unused pro v1's

"You only live twice, this might be your second time."

907D2 8.5degree, UST V2 Stiff
F50 3wood
19degree rescue 3-pw Burner TP 56degree zip wedge, low bounce c56 putterI have PROV1's for sale, contact me!

Note: This thread is 5823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!