IGNORED

The Best Round of My Life

DJYoshi
Note: This thread is 5854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So a lot of you guys probably shoot this on the regular, but I feel that for my 2nd year, it's an accomplishment.
Last year was my 1st real serious year about golf. Sure I knew how to hold a club and swing it before last year... but I never really cared to go out on a course until my dad strung me along 1 day when I was at my parents' house just catching up.
Fast forward to 13 months after I seriously picked up the game, I shot the best round of my life.
It's just a municipal course - Francis Byrne in NJ if you'd like to google it.
But, I'm happy. I shot a 79 there last year & haven't been able to crack 80 since then..until yesterday.
I went out with 4 over (after a birdie start..but had an eagle attempt at the 1st). I came in at 2 over on the back (rolled 2 putts past the cup about 6" and 1 birdie putt didn't drop)...

So a 76 is my official best round (it's only a par 70 course).

Reflecting on this awesome day when I shoot a 76 in the morning, and the Mets DESTROY the Dodgers after 2 terrible games of the series, I realized,
swinging easier really does produce a faster swing speed & more distance & better accuracy...I swung at 75% the entire time (except for the 1st drive where i wanted to crank it to get on in 2).
It came to me that I really need to become a better putter (I gave up 4 strokes b/c of poor putts).
How do you guys stay so damn accurate & consistent? I was unconscious during most of the round trying not to think how well i was doing.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

......I realized, swinging easier really does produce a faster swing speed & more distance & better accuracy...I swung at 75% the entire time (except for the 1st drive where i wanted to crank it to get on in 2).

Huh? First you say swinging easier produces a faster swing speed, more distance, and better accuracy, and then you follow that by saying on the 1st drive you wanted to crank it to get on in 2? A little contradictory, don't you think?

Congrats on the low score, though.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Huh? First you say swinging easier produces a faster swing speed, more distance, and better accuracy, and then you follow that by saying on the 1st drive you wanted to crank it to get on in 2? A little contradictory, don't you think?

i did say EXCEPT before driving the 1st hole. it's really the only hole you have to crank your 1st drive to get on in 2...well except for the hardest hole on the course - #12. it was like 440 yesterday all uphill.

DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Outstanding round.

Congradulations.

Smooth swings that find their mark!!!!!
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Congrats, should be a confidence booster for you.

Shot 78 today and not too happy with myself, was a real easy course and I fell apart.

It'll come soon when you dont like a 79.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

you must have a lot of talent; i've been serious since last summer and my low is a 90 on an easy course (par 72 but 69/119 rating).

Driver: Callaway X460 Tour
3 Wood: Callaway X
Hybrid: Adams A3
Irons: X20 Tour 4-PW
Wedges: X-Forged 50, 54 & 58

Feels good doens't it! In the future, always remember you have done that. It makes it easier to do it, or beat it, again.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!