IGNORED

A few ideas for the PGA Tour

Backspin
Note: This thread is 5838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's a few ideas to toughen up/change the PGA Tour.

1) Replace sand bunkers with long grass bunkers. Sand is simple, long and whispy grass isn't.

2) Change the driver length to a maximum of 44".

3) Cut the club count to 12.

4) No caddies. Carry it on your own, think on your own. Kidding here...

5) Putt it out. Stop marking two footers, put it in.

6) Have uneven tee boxes like we deal with at the Muni's!!! Kidding here...again. Not really.

7) Change the slow play rule. Instead of penalizing the group, yank the guy who is slow. Change to time limit as well. They take way too long.

8) Limit corporate logo's!!! Is this NASCAR??? Eventually there will be logo's painted on the greens..."Tiger is aiming at the first 'P' in Pepsi, it should break about 2 feet the 'E'"...

9) Ditch the belly/long putter. The driver length is limited, why not the other clubs?

10) Have beer cart girls. :)

What say you?

My draw is your cut.

My bag-
Driver- Callaway X460 Tour. 9.5 degree, Fujikura stiff.
3-Wood- Taylor Made V-SteelUtility- Nickent 3DX 17 degreeIrons (3-PW) Ping S59'sWedges Cleveland 900 series 58 degree, Titleist Vokey 54 degree SWPutter- Scotty Cameron Circa #2Ball- Taylor Made Tour Red

Lets also have People allowed to swim in the water hazards with their tubes and party in the sand bunkers.

I'd like to keep it the way it is, but you have quite the imagination there.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

You know I was just about to find a JB Holmes thread to complain about this guy. I just watched him line up a 2 foot putt with his caddy for about 20 seconds. Just knock it in. No to mention the 7 practice swings the took, and the fact that he backed off his first putt on the hole twice. He three-putted, but the way. Ridiculous!

There is an article in this week's GolfWorld on just this issue. It has seriously gotten out of control on the PGA tour. The article mentioned that on the LPGA tour a player will get a two-stroke penalty for a shot taking over 30 seconds. (Happened to Angela Park this season). I'm a bit of a methodical putter myself, but will definitely work on my routine to shorten it.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Slow play is the single worst thing happening in golf right now. It starts on the PGA tour, and is repeated on courses all over by people trying to imitate what they see on TV. Everyone who watches alot of golf knows who the slow players are, and it is unbelievable that the rules are not enforced.

Phil M took 2 1/2 minutes on 17 yesterday. Granted he did end up sticking it close but come on that is a long time..
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Back in Lord Byron's day they 'eyed up' yardages. From what I've read they didn't take as long as today's pros do. Could you imagine how long they would take if they had to guess yardage by sight alone? We'd still be watching Master's Sunday...

My draw is your cut.

My bag-
Driver- Callaway X460 Tour. 9.5 degree, Fujikura stiff.
3-Wood- Taylor Made V-SteelUtility- Nickent 3DX 17 degreeIrons (3-PW) Ping S59'sWedges Cleveland 900 series 58 degree, Titleist Vokey 54 degree SWPutter- Scotty Cameron Circa #2Ball- Taylor Made Tour Red

I wouldn't mind seeing the big leagers play on some unmanicured courses every now and again...though I suppose they do run into their fair share of rub.

I would definitely get a kick out of some "carry your own" events on Tour. It would change the leader dynamic considerably, though number one would still be number one. I played HS golf in Hawaii, and there are some pretty mountainous courses there, and contrary to popular belief, it can get miserably hot there on occasion. Most of the resort courses are designed with carts in mind, so 1/2 hikes between green and tee are not uncommon. Walking, much less carrying your sticks and playing, 18 holes was a physical/endurance challenge. At least once a week, instead of playing, or hitting the range, the coach had the players all weight down their bags and "go for a walk", which meant a 5 mile run with an overwieght bag on our shoulder. It sucked, of course, but a large part of our success as a team was having the endurance to play well on the back nine, while many other teams were "out of gas".... I know the PGA Tour would never do this, but I think it would be great to watch, and see who would emerge from the lower part of the rankings to be a serious contender if everyone had to haul their own sticks... [QUOTE=Backspin;137999] 7) Change the slow play rule. Instead of penalizing the group, yank the guy who is slow. Change to time limit as well. They take way too long. QUOTE] Amen. It's gotten waaaaay out of hand, IMO. I can't even stand on the tee on a par 3 anymore, stare in disbelief as each the group in front marks, lifts, cleans, and places their 3rd putts for their double bogey 'saves' and comment "What do they think, they are on tour?" anymore....the guys on tour take even longer...

In My Bag:

Driver: Si3 380
3 & 4 Woods: Eye-o-matic Persimmons (yes...Persimmons)
Irons: 3-PW R7 TP S300Wedges: Karsten II 57* SW, Vokey 54.10 and 58.08 Spin Milled Oil CanPutter: White Hot SabertoothBall: Pro V1x"That's the easiest shot in golf....a short chip into the sand."

I'm totally into replacing perfect bunkers with grass. We have two grass bunkers at our course and they are penal (well, so are the bunkers because they rarely have sand).

I would suggest that just like in boxing they have the HOTT ladies carry around in the ring a "Round Sign" in their bikini's...I think they should have the same on tour but carrying around the leader board signs......

Leave the sand traps, just don't rake or maintain them.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!