IGNORED

Toughest Putt You've Hit

DJYoshi
Note: This thread is 5851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Great shots or poor shots onto the green are memorable for the outcome after... (in my eyes). What was the toughest putt that you've nailed & what made it so hard?

For me, it was a nasty double breaking putt for an eagle 3. I was about 35 feet away on top of 1 hill. I had to hit it enough left and strong enough to get down the hill to go left to right, but go back up a 2nd smaller hump that it would turn from that right to left.
I didn't make the eagle, but I was left with a birdie tap in.

Yesterday I had possibly the greatest par put.
a little 20 footer breaking down hard from left to right... I was going against the grain and had to aim it left enough to get up the hill but soft enough to let the hill carry it down to the cup... i was just trying to get it close to have a bogey putt, but it went right into the center of the cup. I did get carried away and gave a fist pump.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Downhill left to right, about 15 feet on the 18th for par to beat my best friend for the first time and break 80, also for the first time. Since he has now passed away, since I am not tournament worthy I doubt I will ever make a better putt under what was for me a lot of pressure.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Two eagle putts that I made were both pretty easy. Both were short par 4s that I drove, 240 yards or so, both were slight breaks to the right. The only problem was that my hands were shaking. When you're not accustomed to being in this position, the excitement can get to you.

(Yes, I let out a yell on both and I did apologize )

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Two eagle putts that I made were both pretty easy. Both were short par 4s that I drove, 240 yards or so, both were slight breaks to the right. The only problem was that my hands were shaking. When you're not accustomed to being in this position, the excitement can get to you.

There were a few, but the most memorable were the following: About 10 years ago I hit a 15 foot down hill, double breaker for eagle. It was my thrid eagle, but the first one I ever made with a putt. Last year I had a 10 foot, left to right breaker. It was down hill/side hill. That alone didn't make it tough, but it was on the last hole and I needed it for par and to win my match by 1. It was also for my best 9 ever (+1). Drained it. Two years ago, we were on the 17th at our Father's day scramble. We needed birdie, for a 2 shot lead. That would have locked it up because the max score a team could take is bogey. We had 35 feet, over a mound to a pin that made it tough to stop it close. I was putting 4th and my teammates had butchered it. Their best effort was still 6 feet away. It's a good thing the cup got in the way or the putt might still be rolling. We ended up winning by one shot.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Mine was actually a bogey putt. I sent my tee shot to search for the Loch Ness Monster on a par 3. After dropping, I put my third shot below the hole on the wrong side of a mound on a snot-slick green. I had about a 15 foot horseshoe putt that went up the hill, over the mound and turned back toward the hole--dead center!

I gave it a good fist-pump & received hi-5s from two of my foursome, but what made it most memorable was that the third guy (a single who had joined us) makes a snide remark about me being "excitable". We kindly encouraged him to play ahead of us & catch up with the rest of the guys on Tour. -LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

There's a green on our course has a sizeable "burried elephant" mound on the right side of the green. On top of that our course is in the foothills so there is a "valley break" to our greens. And on this green it pulls against the mound. Well on a few occasions I have drained this carazy 35 footer uphill over and against the mound breaker. The uphill part is about 3 feet of uphill too. And I've done it in a match against my "rival" coworker to win a hole off him. I love hving that putt. I know it perfectly.

Mine was actually a bogey putt. I sent my tee shot to search for the Loch Ness Monster on a par 3. After dropping, I put my third shot below the hole on the wrong side of a mound on a snot-slick green. I had about a 15 foot horseshoe putt that went up the hill, over the mound and turned back toward the hole--dead center!

That's a good story. Screw that third guy!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Best putt Ive ever made was on the third hole of the old 9 hole course that used to be by my house. It was from probly 30ish feet away, downhill and had a pretty nasty break to it. I made a confident stroke and sank that baby. I dont remember if it was for par or what, but I should mention...I was 10 years old at the time.

I dont know whether its good or bad that the best putt Ive ever made was done at the age of 10...

Driver - Nike Sumo2 5900 10.5
Hybrids (1,2,3) - Nickent Genex 3DX
Irons (4-PW) - Wilson Staff Di5
Wedges (52*,56*) - Wilson Staff TW7
Putter - Odyssey White Hot XG #9

The 20 footer (or so) I hit, yesterday..haha. A severe down/sidehill left to right breaker. The hole was at least 5 feet below the ball. I started the ball waay out to the left (at least 10 feet) and I probably took no more than a 5 inch stroke at the ball. The ball took the ridge I aimed at, rolled back into the other direction practically, and boomeranged into the hole for par. It was the best job of reading a putt i have ever done. I would have been happy with the result even if it didnt go in. What made me so happy with the putt was that if I didnt hit my spot exactly, it would have caught the other side of the ridge and rolled off the green in the other direction. I judged it just right, or maybe I got lucky. Who knows. But I know I made that putt! WHOOOHA!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

About 15 years ago and I had only been playing for a couple of years. I was playing with my Dad in his group who play $2 a side for skins. 200+ yard par 3 into the wind. I was back left of a huge green and the pin was front right. I just hit it and hoped. It took so long just to get to the hole one of the other guys walked around the hole, put is ball down, picked up his mark, and was about to address his ball when mine went in. Best part was that it was the only skin on the side and I walked away with $24 after the round.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

It was like a 30 footer uphill for eagle, and it had like 4 feet of break. The coolest thing was that it was in a high school match

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

I remember two. Those when I was starting to play golf. The thoughest was in the 18 green I was like 8 meters from the hole. Downhill, and I remeber that my caddie ask me, "where you will play it?" and I aswered that maybe a club to the right, he laughed an told me play it like if the hole where here, but when I see were I was pointing I was showing my back to the hole. I stroke the ball nice, and started were my caddie told me and start breaking right and goes in... it was amazing.

And the second one I was like 10 meters from the hole, but the green has to deck's I was on the upper deck and the hole in the lower, fast green, break like 3 meters to the right, my caddie told me were to point, I stroke it nice, strat taking the break and goes into the hole. An awesome putt too.

Regards

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

It was a 40 footer from just off the green on a wildly undulating 130 yd par 3. I was playing by myself and I was about to tee off when I noticed some kids from the neighborhood putting and chipping on the green. It reminded me of when I was a kid and loved to do that. They cleared the green as I was about to hit. I hit a good shot that rolled back off the green. When I walked up to my ball the kids were still there waiting to watch me make the putt.
It was about 40 feet. I looked at the hole and probably had the only straight putt there was on the green. I lined up and hit it perfectly with the flag still in. I drilled the flag stick and the ball dropped in the cup for birdie. One of the kids just looked at me and said "Nice putt Mister". LOL. It was great!
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Note: This thread is 5851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!