IGNORED

1 plane or 2 plane swing

Note: This thread is 5825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Which do you guys think is better and why?

What's in the bag

Driver: 9.5* 905R w/ Proforce UST V2 (X)
3w: UST Proforce FW stiff 15*
Hybrid: 585H 19* Aldila "by you" xIrons: CG1 3-PW s300 dynamic goldWedges: 53*/58* Putter: Mid SurBall: whatever I feel like buying that day

I think both are good and effective.

The one plane swing (the one method Jim Hardy promotes) is easier on your lower back as the downswing isn't driven by torqued hips. Some think the OP swing is easier as there are fewer movements such as not having to maintain swing tempo and triangular connection. More athleticism is required for this swing style though, as the golfer needs to place a lot of emphasis on aggressive rotation in the downswing.

The two plane, classic swing is much more common and instruction is widely available.

I have just started the one plane swing by Jim Hardy. I will say that this is the first time in 5 years that I have been free of back pain . I also shot the lowest round in several years this last time out. there is still a lot of work to do but am seeing lots of progress in my game to the better. Thier are not any pros in my area teaching the one plane as far as I know so have to do everything from the Hardy DVD's. Good luck in your search.

Bill G.

I think the one plane swing is awesome. It is awesome to watch a skilled one-planer pull off a shot. I tried really hard at it for a while but I just got mentally all messed up. I went back to a natural swing which I think is more of a two-plane swing, though I haven't set up a video camera to be sure. My swing keys are to keep my head still and swing around it, keep my arms close to my chest (head cover drill) and keep my head down and knees bent when swinging through the ball.

I just picked up Hardy's book and am reading through it. I think I've been doing a 2-plane swing but will investigate the 1-plane and see if I like it. If it looks like the 1-plane is for me, I'll get his DVD too.

This post is the first I've heard of the 1-plane vs. 2-plan swing and I enjoy learning about them. It explains a lot of the different techniques people teach. It seems that some of the basic techniques are the same for both swings (which is the point I'm at in my training). Is your experience different?

I tried the one plane swing to start this year and hit the ball great at the range. My first couple of times on the course were a disaster though so I retreated back to my old swing. I like the concept of the one plane swing but through trial and much error don't feel it's for me.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Which do you guys think is better and why?

I think the one plane swing is easier to pull off with less practice or focus upon mechanics (for a recreational player, like myself). It is also easier for a person with a wider frame.

I like the LAWs of the Golf Swing over the one/two plane theory - it fits more people's body types. Not everyone was created like Tiger Woods. http://www.mikeadamsgolf.com/aboutlaws.htm

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

I prefer one plane. Just comes to me more naturally and I find that I hit the ball much more consistently without having to re-route the club on the downswing. The main problem I run into since switching is an inside takeaway if I get sloppy.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Note: This thread is 5825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!