IGNORED

Top Gear, the best show on TV

Ben
Note: This thread is 4756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently saw the episode when The Stig's real identity was revealed. Sure enough, well, I won't ruin it for those haven't seen it. I'll just say, he is the perfect guy for the job. Anyone else catch that show?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

This season is pretty great! Just saw the episode with the 4 door Porsche. The crazy race was the Porsche vs a letter getting mailed. The letter won. Good stuff. Usain Bolt was the guest driver, he gave a good interview and a face time!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

the episode where they attempt to destroy a Toyota Hilux is the best one by far, the African expedition is a close second.

4DX Evolver 10.5 Stiff UST V2
Big Bertha Steelhead Plus 3wood
mp-32 3-pw tt x100's
xtour 56/52deg
feel golf 60 deg lob wedge dual force rossie blade I golf balls

Love that show. Ya just can't beat British humor. The 3 guys are so diffrent from one another, but they really make the show work. Jeremy, Hampster and Capt. Slow.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I recently saw the episode when The Stig's real identity was revealed. Sure enough, well, I won't ruin it for those haven't seen it. I'll just say, he is the perfect guy for the job. Anyone else catch that show?

It was a joke. The person you saw really isn't the Stig, and they made that pretty obvious, or at least I thought they did...

My mother's partner is a paramedic at numerous race events and does stand by at Dunsfold Park for Top Gear occasionally. He knows the true identity of the current Stig. In fact a good Google will give you plenty of evidence pointing you to who it really is. Perry McCarthy was the original but killed off when he revealed himself somehow.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Now I'm sad and disappointed :/

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

It was a joke. The person you saw really isn't the Stig, and they made that pretty obvious, or at least I thought they did...

In fact, you've probably seen him on the show sans Stig regalia several times.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I concur that it is the best show on TV. My wife also loves it, and she isn't a car person at all. I came home from work the other night and found her not only watching the show but also setting up the DVR to catch other episodes.

For those who love the show you also should check out Top Gear magazine. The trio all write entertaining columns, and the whole rest of the magazine has a similar style and flavor as the show. I think it is the best car magazine around as well, and is on the shelves at larger stores like Barnes & Noble.

Speaking of the magazine, why is it that all of the US car magazines seem to be such a pale comparison to the UK mags? One issue of Car or Top Gear magazine has more content than Road & Track, Car & Driver, Automobile, and Motor Trend combined. I've found the same with other magazines about my special interests, including golf, boating, and diving. It's almost like the US mags are a cheap light beer, while the UK ones are more like a nice pint of Guiness.

I agree. Great show, especially in HD. I'm a huge car buff. On a related note, I flipped through the latest issue of Top Gear Magazine (English publication) and I saw an article on the Rocket Sports Racing Jaguar GT2 team. The main driver and owner of RSR, Paul Gentilozzi, is a friend of my family's and my uncle is a manager for the team. http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/jaguar-xk2-jungle

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

• 1 year later...

Here goes the thread reincarnation of the day. I love this show! So freakin' awesome! When I'm at hope I watch it on BBC America all the time, but right now I don't get it, so I've been watching it on Amazon. $1 per episode is a great deal! I haven't seen all of the episodes, but easily the best one ever is the Vietnam special. It might not have been about cars but the bikes, the sceneries, the guys, the ending. It was great.

Anyone else a Top Gear fan?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Still a fan here!

Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I absolutely cant stand Top Gear.  Most of the cars they feature are lame and their love of British cars makes me want to puke.  I actually like the American version of Top Gear, but the BBC version is horrible.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

I absolutely cant stand Top Gear.  Most of the cars they feature are lame and their love of British cars makes me want to puke.  I actually like the American version of Top Gear, but the BBC version is horrible.

WHAT??!!?? Not liking Top Gear is not possible

In fact every time someone says they don't like BBC Top Gear, A kitten dies.  Think about what you just did...

Great show--very entertaining.  One of my favorites is the Bolivia/South America episode where they take AWD vehicles from the Amazon, then over the Andes, to the coast of Bolivia.  The only programs I record are golf and Top Gear.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by uttexas

Great show--very entertaining.  One of my favorites is the South America episode where they take AWD vehicles from the Amazon, then over the Andes, to the coast of Chile.  The only programs I record are golf and Top Gear.

Yeah that's probably my second favorite, behind the Vietnam Special and ahead of the America Special (the one where they get rocks thrown at them by idiots).

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

I think you may be the first, and only, person to prefer US Top Gear over the BBC one.

Not sure what makes you think they love British cars over anything else, in part because there are hardly any left! If you are referring to the classic British sports car challenge (Series 15, episode 6 - thanks Wikipedia!) then that was utterly tongue in cheek and they were mocking them throughout.

Note: This thread is 4756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!