IGNORED

Golf Ettiquete

Hoovedawg
Note: This thread is 5829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You have to ask yourself "How often do I hit the ball 230 yards from this lie?" If that answer is hardly and never, then go ahead and hit. You have to honestly assess your skills.

Personally, I'm tired of watching guys you know have zero chance of reaching the green, waiting. Everyone has played with these guys and it's frustrating to watch. You also know full well that if this person does reach the green, it's rare. Why? Because he starts celebrating like he's won the US Open.

This is when marshalls really need to do their job. Again, though, the golfer has to be honest with himself. Etiquette involves honesty.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

What bothers me, which im kind of the same thing, is when I'm in the fairway, out about 300-330 yards from the tee, and the group behind ours is waiting to tee off, and we've seen their tee shots go about 240-250.

It bothers me that they wait to hit when there's no chance in hell they're going to catch us.

If they hit me on the fly from where I'm standing then bravo to them, go get your PGA card.

But my opinion on this matter is to wait, I don't like when I'm putting and I hear a ball hit 10 yards from the green, makes everyone feel rushed subconciously and that leads to worse scores. Might as well wait 2-3 minutes for the group to clear the green.

In my Grom Stand Bag:

Driver: Launcher 400
Hybrid: Idea a30s Boxer 2i
Irons: MP-60's 4-PWWedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.12Wedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 60.4Putter: I-Series Anser 4Ball: Prov1

To me it's not worth the one time you bean someone. I may hit a green 230yds out once in five or six, but I'm waiting no matter who I piss off.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Hardly and never are two entirely different things. Funny thing is yesterday I went out and played 18 with another solo golfer. My first five drives were block left for 110 yards into the woods, shallow pop-up to the left 170 yards, nice 200 yard fade to the right on a dog leg right, a 120 yard slice into trees on the right and a par 3. All this time we were talking about driving distance and I said a good drive for me is 200 yards. We get to #6 402 yard par 4 with a 20'+ elevated tee to the fairway below. He teed off and went his 175 yard or so. The group in front of us was at the 150 yard tree markers. He told me to swing away since I would never hit them. I ignored him and waited for them to finish their shots and get beyond that. I than hit one of those 3% shots that landed right where they were when the other player I was playing with "instructed" me to hit because I had no chance of making the 150 trees. All carry, no roll. Getting beaned by a golf ball on the fly is probably at best unpleasant. Worse case scenario is an ambulance is carting someone off.
If you even think you can hit into someone, wait. In the litigious society we live in yelling "Fore" when you hit a shot into the group in front of you may not wash with the courts. We assume responsibility for going on the course but hitting when you can plainly see the group in front of you (and even if you can't but know they are in the vicinity) and they might be in your line of fire is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
On #15 we both experienced getting hit into by the twosome behind us. Fortunately it was roll but I think the player I played with learned a bit of a lesson in never assuming.

nothing wrong with what you are doing. i will wait for anything 215 and in, because i could hit the 3- wood of my life. if i'm further then that, i'll lay up with a 9 iron to give me that 90-100 yard shot.

however, if i'm 225 out and the group on the green is plum-bobbing a 3 footer for 8, i'll hit my shot-the best it will do is roll to the front of the green. there would be no way it could hit them. but the sound of the ball landing will scare them into playing faster

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Note: This thread is 5829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!