IGNORED

Pick your favorite players irons!

JYB
Note: This thread is 5627 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which is your favorite? Specify which in post.

• Titleist AP2's
    • Mizuno MP-57's
    • Bridgestone J36 Blades
    • Callaway X Forged
    • Nike CCi Forged
    • Taylor Made r7's
    • Ping i10's
    • Cleveland CG1 Black Pearls
    • Cobra Pro CB's
    • OTHER Ping
    • OTHER Titleist
    • OTHER Mizuno
    • OTHER Bridgestone
    • OTHER Callaway
    • OTHER Nike
    • OTHER Taylor Made
    • OTHER Cleveland
    • OTHER Cobra

• Administrator
I think so...they are forged and basically have the same specs as my

Jay has moved on to the AP2, and word is Steve is as well. He's had them in the bag a few times now but is just tweaking the specs before he fully moves to them.

I personally wouldn't call the 755s "player's irons," but I can see why others would.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always loved the Titleist 695mb's. They look amazing and feel perfect when hit good.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

I personally wouldn't call the 755s "player's irons," but I can see why others would.

Interesting...what is your rational for this...so then would say the same thing about Mizuno MP-60's seeing that they are both forged and they have basically the same specs???

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

• Administrator
So then would say the same thing about Mizuno MP-60's seeing that they are both forged and they have basically the same specs???

No they don't. The lofts aren't even the same, the lies aren't the same, the toplines are different thicknesses, one's a full cavity back with an aluminum insert bar and the other is a half cavity back... The specs aren't the same unless by that you mean that pretty much all irons have the same specs, in which case I guess even the biggest Callaway shovel is also a player's iron too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I play the old cobra fps but i really like the nike ccis

In the Sasquatch Tour Standbag
Driver: Hibore (10.5deg, Reg)
3 wood:Burner(22 deg, Reg)
4I-GW:FP Irons(Stiff)
Wedge:Satin Black( 60 deg, Stiff)Putter: 2 Ball BladeBall:HX Hot or ProV1xLowest score to date: 77 @ Pembroke Country Club

I don't care much for the top line on the MP-57's, That's why I'll stick with my irons.

A guy I play alot with at my home club has the MP-57's and I hit them just as good as the 67's. I just like a thinner top line.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Ping S59. I just recently switched to these and I love 'em. I'm still not good enough to hit them to their full potential (most of the time) but they are definitely helping me improve my iron play. Even my mishits fly straighter than a cavity back and on those rare occasions when I actually hit the sweet spot the feeling is unbelievable. Nice and straight with a good, soft landing that stops on a dime.

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

Wilson Staff FG-51 irons are my pick. I don't use them as my primary irons anymore because I wanted to try a more forgiving set. But if you're a good ball striker, they will really work the ball well and the soft forged steel has a great feel.

I guess I am the only one. I really like the way the Nike Forged Blades. I currently use one of the sand wedges and I am looking to get rid of my Ping i3's in return for a set of the Nike Blades. I just like the way they look at address. I learned to play golf with forged blades and I have always had an attraction to them. I always fell good looking down on a forged blade before a shot.

I chose other titleist since I prefer the Titleist ZM irons, and Nicklaus JNP irons, great clubs in my view...

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

bridgestone j36 cb they are just flat out sweeet

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

While I play the taylor r7 tp's, I have to say that it came came between them and the mizuno mp57's. I played the Hogan apex blades back from around 2000 when they came out, then I went to the Mizuno mp 32's. I went with the r7's tp's because I got alittle more distance out of them than the mizunos, and because i've slowed my swing down a litttle bit, that helps me stay consistant. but If I had the free option, i would go with mp57's

r11s TP 9 Aldila RIP'd NV 65 S
Burner Tour Launch TS 13 UST V2 S
TP Rescue 17 RE*AX TP85 H S
Tour Preferred Irons 3-AW Project X 5.5
Z Smoke TP Wedge 56/12 Project X 5.5 

Ghost Tour DA-12

Penta TP/Pro V1/Hex Black

I wouldn't know... I'm trying to get some players irons

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Mizuno MP-32 is my next purchase for irons.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

titleist ap2
or
titleist ZM blades

they look soooo good and wish i could hit them but i settle for my ap1's and im happy

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

Note: This thread is 5627 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!