IGNORED

Titleist 909

Note: This thread is 3730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They look sick, I wonder when they will come to Australia? The 909D3 looks so much like the 905 S or T i can't remember.. They look tonnes better than the 907 range.
Wilson Staff Tour Carry Bag:

Staff DD+6 10.5* Proforce V2 Reg
906F4 15.5* Aldila VS-Proto 'By You' 80S Reg585.H 19* Aldila VS-Proto 'By You' 80S RegStaff Ci7 4 - PW w TX 105 RegVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 52* Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56*Harmonized 60* Lob WedgeRossa Daytona 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
i heard that these are releasing in October and the D3 is the more "players" club of the two.

Yes and no. Yes on October. I've already said as much a few posts ago.

No on the "players" club. It has less spin than the D2. For some, that'll be good. For others, not so much. They're all Titleists, so they're all "players" clubs. Just depends on what kind of player you are and what your drive characteristics are like. Oh, and there are three clubs, not just two.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For those that use hybrids or need one, they are also making a 909 Hybrid. Similar shape to the Adams "Peanut" shape with the same design features of the driver.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• Administrator
For those that use hybrids or need one, they are also making a 909 Hybrid. Similar shape to the Adams "Peanut" shape with the same design features of the driver.

I wouldn't call the 909 hybrids quite like the Adams. They're boxier than the 585, but they're still pretty similar.

Actually, duh, I can just show you. Both images © 2008, Erik J. Barzeski, The Sand Trap .com.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

wowsers... first time I've seen that hybrid!!!

I'm getting gifts this christmas and those just made my list

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Damn nice pictures Iacas. That looks like a really nice club. Hits pretty similar to the other one, the 585?

It looks like it may have more offset?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• 2 weeks later...
I find it hard to believe Ryujii Imada doesn't play a wedge higher than a 53*? Am I reading that wrong?

Anyway, I'm surprised a tour pro has gone to it so soon. It looks really nice though.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

That's strange. No wedge higher than a 53*??!
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

That's strange. No wedge higher than a 53*??!

He might be playing a wedge that's not titleist.

909 D2 8.5° Fubuki Tour 73x
975f 14.5° DG R300
909H 19° AXIVCore Tour Red 85x
690.mb 3-pw DG S300
Z TP 52° and 56° Studio Select Newport 2 34"

I noticed Chez yesterday was playing the Titleist 909. I'm not sure which model but I'm interested to see the tour feedback on this driver as compared to the D2 which not many of the pros ended up playing.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

I have seen several pictures of the 909D2 and looks a lot like last years TaylorMade Burner Driver. I have seen the 909D Comp which is pretty good looking, but I dont know what kind of time frame before they are released to the public.
In the Bag:
ADAMS XTD 10.5 (S) 46"
Mizuno F-50 4-wood NV-65
TaylorMade Rescue TP 19° & 22°
TaylorMade X-300 FCI 5-pw Rifle 6.0 +1 4upCleveland 588 RTG 52° & 56° 3 upOdyssey 2-ball LONG cut to 40"

• Administrator
I noticed Chez yesterday was playing the Titleist 909. I'm not sure which model but I'm interested to see the tour feedback on this driver as compared to the D2 which not many of the pros ended up playing.

It was the 909D2.

I have seen several pictures of the 909D2 and looks a lot like last years TaylorMade Burner Driver. I have seen the 909D Comp which is pretty good looking, but I dont know what kind of time frame before they are released to the public.

Just look back in this thread - it's already been answered. October.

And I really, really disagree re: the Burner "lookalike." The shape is not the same, and aside from the sole being "shiny," I don't think the sole looks anything like it either.

It was the 909D2.

Now, if the 909D2 came out over a year ago and Taylormade was just introducing their new Burner driver, you would be all up in arms over the similarity. Of course I have not seen the head shape of the 909D2 at address so I am sure they are different from each other and I am not saying that Titleist is copying any design engineering from the Burner driver, they just look similar.
In the Bag:
ADAMS XTD 10.5 (S) 46"
Mizuno F-50 4-wood NV-65
TaylorMade Rescue TP 19° & 22°
TaylorMade X-300 FCI 5-pw Rifle 6.0 +1 4upCleveland 588 RTG 52° & 56° 3 upOdyssey 2-ball LONG cut to 40"

• Administrator
Now, if the 909D2 came out over a year ago and Taylormade was just introducing their new Burner driver, you would be all up in arms over the similarity.

I honestly don't think so - I don't see the similarity. The way I see it, if you want to cast your net that wide in looking for similarities, the bottoms of

a lot of drivers would look similar. I've heard enough other people say they think it's similar, too, and that's fine - I just don't see it for myself (though there aren't many clubs I would say look similar, admittedly). The shapes are different, the flutings and channels are different, the colors...

Lol the debate continues. Has any other pro decided to use it? I wonder if titleist is on a winner here

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 3730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!