IGNORED

Fun way to bet on Open?

albatross
Note: This thread is 5813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What's a fun format to bet on the Open with friends. I'd like to be able to pick a certain number of golfers but I can't think of a good point system or a good way, so that everyone doesn't take the same "favorites".

Any good ideas??

My friends and I put in $20 and pick one player. Whomever's player finishes highest, gets the pot. The finishing position defines who picks first the following week.

Or, we used to do a pick five. The team which won the most money wins.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Or, we used to do a pick five. The team which won the most money wins.

I like this idea - so if your favourite makes the cut but you also pick the winner, you could still potentially win

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I'd say do a draft style like Fantasy Football, and pick 5 or 10 golfers. The person who picks the winner get's 100 points, for every stroke behind the leader the rest of the golfers are you subtract 5 points. If they miss the cut, you get 0 points for that golfer.

That way you pay attention to all the golfers and you don't have to have the winner to win overall. Add it all up and there's your winner

That's how my work always does it.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Note: This thread is 5813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!