IGNORED

Greetings from Maryland

JGus
Note: This thread is 5787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello All,

I found this site when I was searching for a statistics program, now that I am golfing "more constantly" I want to keep track of my strong and weak points to help improve my game.

I just retired from the U.S. Army earlier this year, I have been golfing for about 20 years, but only "seriously" the past two-three years. It has been hard to keep my swing consistant with all of the 6-12 month breaks from golf that I have had, but now I think my body/muscles are starting to remember my swing and I feel now is the time to get involved with all of the other things (practice, stat's, etc) to become as good as I can, rather than just going to the course every weekend and changing my swing to what works at the moment.

Not to mention that I have taken 4 people out the last 3 years and taught them all to golf, and all of them have improved greatly over the past 3 years, except of course for me.

I look forward to all of the discussions and learning opportunities.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am in Frederick for now, still determining if we want to move or stay here.

Gus
---------------

Welcome! If you're still looking for a statistics program, try the admins own (Iacas') Scorecard program, keeps a ton of stats: http://cynicalpeak.com/scorecard/
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Well first of all I want to say thank you for serving in the Army and fighting for all us. Second of all I want to say congratulations on starting to take golf serious. And third of all... Welcome.

Thanks, and I have been using "Scorecard" the past week, trying to get a feel for it, I have only entered in two rounds, but so far it seems like a great program to track my stats. It easily helped me identify that I needed a GW, and of course more time at the range.

bogeyhitter25 - Thanks! and thanks for the support to the Armed Forces! It is always greatly appreciated!

I'm looking forward to becoming a more consistant golfer.

Gus
---------------

Welcome, and God Bless you.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I am from maryland as well instead of posting a new topic I thought id just say hey here,My name is Jason Lambert, Im 22 years old im a meat cutter at a grocery store, been playing golf here and there for the past 3 years or so but just this year started going more consistantly, I live in Emmitsburg/Thurmont (frederick county) and i look forward to reading up on this forum

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

Welcome Jason, I have played a few courses up your way, can't remember the names off the top of my head, but have played the course in Thurmont a few times.

Gus
---------------

yea maple run, thats pretty much where I always go anymore, sometimes ill go to waynesboro municipal, not to bad 9 hole course ran by the waynesboro town, so they jack up prices kinda i think, flatbush in littlestown pa, greencastle greens i LOVE that place, and quail valley up in PA as well,

ive always wanted to play clustered spires my friends mom works int he pro shop and my friend is now one of the beer cart girls so i def plan on goin now, what other courses are there to play down in frederick other than clustered spires?

Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

Clustered Spires is a nice course, I use to play there a lot a few years ago, but it just got to expensive to play there all the time. But it is cheaper than a lot of course around here.

Glade Valley in Walkersville is a good course, not to expensive.
Hollow Creek and Maryland National in middletown are good courses, but pricey.

Just started going to the range at Worthington Manner in Urbana, looks like a good course, thinking about playing this week(end).

Also play at Frederick Golf Club, it is old farm land and a short course (par 69), but can't beat $12.50 for all day play.

Have also played up in Gettysburg, and played the course at Ski Liberty once, really nice views, but a good distance away. The P B Dye course is down towards Mount Airy, but haven't ventured out there yet.

Gus
---------------

hmmm frederick golf club? i dont remember seeing that before ill have to find out about that, and worthington manor isnt that expensive? I knew someone that used to work there he proably still does but i thought i remember him saying it was expensive and that course does look quite amazing, and the ski liberty course is right near my house, carrol valley, right down the road a bit more is mountain view its associated with carrol valley but like 30$ cheaper that course is very nice

Victoria ;)

Yeah, Frederick Golf Club isn't the best course around, but if your just looking to go practice and work on issues it is great for the price. I usually will play at least two rounds on Saturday if I go out there. Don't think they have a webpage, but if you do a search for it I am sure something will come up.

And yes, Worthington Manor is expensive as well, a little more than Clustered Spires, but less than or the same as most of the other courses around here. I have been going there the past two weeks just because it is only $10.00 for unlimited use of the practice area (putting green, chipping/sand green, driving range), I usually spend about 3-4 hours out there rotating between chipping and driving, which makes it really nice not having to buy multiple buckets of balls. The course looks really nice, reminds me of the Links style courses I played when I lived in England.

I have heard of Mountain view (I think), I think that is the place I was looking at for a weekend away with the wife, if it is a resort type place, but could be mistaken. I enjoyed carrol valley, really liked the layout of the course, but it is a little far unless I am planning ahead to go.

Gus
---------------

Note: This thread is 5787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!